What is the best browser for mac?

what is the best browser for mac?

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19578968
cnet.com/forums/discussions/usb-3-0-and-wifi-on-xps-13-ultrabook-558338/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving files around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

for something the average dipshit can buy at BestBuy, MacBooks were easily the best laptop (outside of pure specs for the money) one could buy. You have to at least appreciate that the unibody MacBooks are what pushed the "pc" market to make any decent consumer laptops in the first place.

I have one final thing to mention however, why the fuck aren't you using "tap to click"? The only time I actually click on my laptop is to drag.

Safari is surprisingly nice.

I completely forgot about the op.

I second Safari. It's been quite nice since the update 2 or 3 years ago. Before that, it was trash for several years.

Firefox ESR because I have a job

Filtered

the one that deletes your whole fucking macos

Use Safari.
Overall Chrome > Firefox > Safari
But in MacOS use Safari. The battery optimizations are worth it.

xD

Firefox ESR.

this guy knows what's up

Oh look, this gay pasta again.

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge

Because it's a *hinge*, retard. For what it's worth, I didn't like it either, but that's what tap-to-click is for. I turned that on and never had another complaint.

>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads

Incredibly disingenuous. They didn't "go back", they found a way to emulate the click feedback without the liabilities associated with mechanical parts. It's pressure-sensitive and everything.

>still has no real buttons

'Real' mouse buttons on laptop trackpads are ergonomic nightmares, and are total bullshit. I don't want to use a laptop that has them ever again.

>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management

Tell that to my Macbook Air that was getting 10-16 hours of battery life in 2013 while weighing 2.9 pounds.

>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system

I deliberately tried to choke a 15" Macbook Pro yesterday. I did not succeed within any reasonable parameters.

>blurry as shit retina meme scaling

What even?

>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

Wouldn't call it 'systemic'. I'd call it 'law of large numbers applied to world's most popular laptop containing industry-standard battery made of extremely dangerous and explosive materials'.

Ooookay, now on to 2016.

>can't use USB and wifi at the same time

I looked this one up. While it's not outright fake, consensus seems to be that Rossman was using a shitty USB-C accessory that wasn't shielded properly and was generating 2.4GHz interference, thereby fucking up the WiFi. It happens on some Windows laptops too.

en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19578968
cnet.com/forums/discussions/usb-3-0-and-wifi-on-xps-13-ultrabook-558338/

>waaahhh muh echo chamber

>ultra shit tier zero travel kb

That keyboard is actually pretty good, despite its low travel. The keys are really stable and have a satisfying click to them, and the underlying mechanism is more durable than the scissor switches in the older keyboards.

>memetouch emojibar

That thing is genuinely cool, and underrated. Being able to effectively map shortcuts in real time is awesome, and being able to finger-scrub through photos, videos, and music is pleasant. It's like a one-row implementation of the Optimus keyboard concept.

>no USB-A

Nobody is going to give a fuck about that in 2-3 years. I barely give a fuck about it now. I use USB about five times a year. Always ask yourself, "Do I use this port enough to have it permanently grafted to my portable computer for its entire lifespan?" If the answer is no, leave it out.

As for USB-C itself, it's literally the most versatile port ever, and it's an industry-standard port that's seeing wide adoption already. I don't know what more you want from Apple. You used to complain about proprietary standards, and now you're complaining about a move to an open standard.

>no escape

It's on the Touch Bar, and, frankly, it's fine there.

>soldered ram
>soldered SSD

Whoop de doo, a laptop isn't user-serviceable. Water is wet, sun is bright, Trump is policy disaster.

>tamper tape on battery screws

With the warranty coverage they extend to you when you buy it, they deserve to know if you've opened it and fucked around in there. They don't owe you a new computer if you opened it and fucked something up.

>2 hour battery life

This was before a macOS update that fixed GPU switching on the 15" MBP. Outdated information.

>it's 2017 and moving files around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

See pic.

>Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Can we finally put an end to this shitty pasta? For fuck's sake, at least update it to embarrass yourselves less.

>tripfag
>red herring diversion coypasta textwall

Back to plebbit, retard.

I'm as against echo chambers as I am shitposting. Thing is, I've seen quite a few shitposts from that trip. Now that I've seen him shitposting poor copypasta I'd be dumb to not filter him.

reminder that this guy does it for free because he's just that crazy.

safari, I like jsblocker as well. The interface isn't as poslished as umatrix but it has a lot of the same functionality and lets you run userscripts.

If you really want "the web as it was meant to be bloated" chrome is still the browser to beat.

W-why are you quoting me? Y-you're making me nervous.

>Ungoogled chromium
Good on any OS

Safari is the most optimized and best, with a Epichrome session for Sup Forums if you absolutely must have your weebms and 4chanX

/thread

This.

FreeSMUG Chromium with flash and auto updater addon

>no webm support

It has a plugin for that. Webm has security flaws and unless that gets worked out, I'm pretty sure Apple won't touch it to keep it's users safe.

firefuck

safari and chrome

Doesn't matter anyway since 99% of macs are backdoored botnets to this day.

So is gnu/linux and windows. Every OS has vulnerabilities, they just keep patching them if they arise.

Iridium if you don't mind the webkit ram bloat.

Laptops are servicable and youre retarded if you think 1 usb c is gonna make this more than a facebook machine.

If you don't have any problems with specific sites on Safari, that's the one. Otherwise chrome since version 57 has battery consumption improvements which was one of the main reasons people used Safari

Also I tried Firefox on macOS and it is the slowest shit by far. Scrolling is painful.

What does that build have that others don't

You are citing an article from 2 years and 2 MAJOR os versions ago. Holy fuck if this isn't goalpost moving I don't know what is.

Windows comes preloaded with keylogging, activity tracking malware you cannot disable through any easy methods.

macOS comes pre loaded with native software to encrypt your drive. They have always stood for security and privacy of users. And they maintain their software/hardware far longer than any other company.

Fucking deal with it winfaggot, macOS is a based OS from a based patriot Steve Jobs.

Use safari, ka-block plug-in for ad blocking (do not use anything else if you value your privacy), block cookies, block javascript, open windows in private by default.

Enjoy your top-tier battery life and browsing speed. Enable cookies/JS only when necessary.

>ka-block doesn't block those annoying Sup Forums ads that play video or any ads on Sup Forums at all
so sad

Ads? What's this?

Alta Vista

/thread

Firefox Nightly.