GIMP or Krita?

GIMP or Krita?

Are there better alternatives?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mohAPwe9YJo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

all i know is gimp for macOS is shit and is about to be dropped. i'll probably try krita.

krita is pretty good

>Are there better alternatives?
Adobe Photoshop CC, hell, even the free CS2 version is better than those two.

Krita for drawing but Gimp for photo edits

GIMP is for photo manipulation while krita is more oriented for artist who sketch and do simple paintings. Pick your poison.

The only thing macOS faggots drop is the soap for their boyfriends.

I've been using it and it hasn't been all that much different to the regular version.

(You)

krita is really good except the fucking bugs

Both.
They both have strenghts and flaws, so know what they are and use them together for maximum efficiency.

Kek

can krita do paths like gimp?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

OH NO HE DIDN

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=mohAPwe9YJo

I use both.

omfg im dying

c-can he say that?

mac fa/g/s BTFO!!!!!1

Kill yourself, samefag.

h-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Stop polluting the thread, idiot.

Typical adobe drone pajeet

epicc!!!!

Pixlr

>hell, even the free CS2 version is better than those two.
>being this delusional

I've recently tried Photoshop CS5 along with Krita because I was testing tablet drivers and let me tell you, even CS5 is horribly dated.

Depends on what you're doing, but Krita should suit most of your needs and it's a lot more Photoshop oriented.

There was no learning curve coming from Photoshop to Krita for me, it just takes a few minutes to get used to different keybinds. Krita has eyedrop bound to ctrl I think, and it's always alt.

Literally the only problem Krita has is optimization, but they're working on that and it's much much faster than it was even going a year back.

I love Krita so much and I would shill it anyday. It's wonderful.

Krita is better despite being the tool with a different purpose.

>mfw

>samefagging on your own comment 10 times

lol'd

Paint.NET :^)

fuck me that was beautiful user!

no way! macfags BTFO!!!!!!!!!!!

loved that one user! top kek!

There is an IP address counter, you colossal faggot.

no! stop! i can't breath!!!!

my laughter cannot be contained!!!!

mfw

Where are the mods when you need them?

jej

Who invited 9gag?

my sides have left the fourth dimension

without watching a 20 minute video, are you able to do shit like this?

no no no, the butthurt is 2epic

pls stop milking my tears of laughter!!! XDDD

X'D

n-nani?!

Seriously?

Okashīdesu

p-pls respond

apple fans on SUICIDE WATCH XD

INCLUDE ME IN THE SCREENCAP!!

Thread is in ruin.

Thanks mods.

HOW IS THIS SO FUNNY. STILL LAUGHING 20 MINUTES LATER.

fug XXDDDD :DDD

I hope you die of laughter.

no no no! YES!!!!!!! fucking WIN right there!

STOP FUCKING SPAMMING CAN WE HAVE AN ACTUAL DISCUSSION PLEASE

MOMS GONNA FREAK when i show her this!! :)))) :DDD

It's time to stop

I'd like this as well.

Reply to me, what is your argument, are you for or against Krita

Affinity Photo is actually a viable challenger to Abode Photoshop.

big laugh for (you)

Why, what's so good about it

the laughter rises!

I love krita for the wacom support, gimp is lacking in the brush strokes area by default. havent tried fucking with it for very long before i gave up and went back to krita. as for vectoring i resort to gimp or if i have windows at hand, photoshop as the paths tools are much more intuitive.

tl;dr i use both

if you're good at something, never do it for free user. you should be doing standup!!

Jesus that was fucking perfect

HOT FUCK MY SIDES. you make me laugh harder than louie ck

apple fanboys right now

pic related

DELETE!

not even a fan of apple, but enjoy your ban spammer

I don't do vector art, but doesn't Krita have paths as well or am I imagining? Are they shite?

I know that working with text is painful in Krita, so I imagine other vectors aren't nice either.

wonder how hes handling this BTFO moment

how does a dead man wonder?

It has paths, I havent experimented with them yet, but judging by the video of krita paths someone posted it seems less streamlined. e.g. instead of hold alt/ctrl and right/left click you have to click a button on a toolbar etc.

it was funny user but not that funny jesus stop samefagging already

Just tried it and it's click and drag to set path point and curve. It autostrokes on path end.

Not sure how to edit it, it's not very intuitive.

I've last used paths for line art before I had tablet anyway, so can't say I care much.

I use photoshop for vectoring (trained in community college for it) and I'm so used to click, make the point, make the next point, etc, i like to make parts of the line at my own width to accommodate edges that have been sketched sharp or smooth, not really sure how to explain it but the only way to do it right is not to stroke the edge of the path but to make the path go around the edge of the lines and fill it in without stroking. Its twice as time consuming but gives really good results.

here's an example of what i'm talking about when i say go around the line and fill it instead of copying the line and stroking it.

Why no one is talking about sai?

Because the onliest screenshot you've found is about 10 years old, it's in spanish and HD resolution.

Better?

Doesn't support my tablet. It's got lovely blending though. Great for lineart and animu, doesn't have as many features as Krita/Photoshop.

There's not much to say about it. It is good at what it does, but it doesn't do a lot.

how is this funny

Also, OP didn't even specify if he's doing photomanip or drawing.
I assumed it's photomanipulation since he mentioned GIMP, and SAI is just for drawing.

>Doesn't support my tablet
What tablet? OS?

Genius M610XA on Windows 7, don't laugh friend.

Hating anything by apple is in fashion.

I have wacom bamboo and it works well with sai + WINE.
I had few issues configuring the tablet but after switching to KDE all problem were solved.

My melanin drenched brethren

ahh i miss my bamboo now, shame they dont really make them anymore. the intuos is alright though.

Paint.NET has a Linux clone called Pinta.

Yeah, but that's the thing, your tablet is well supported.

I'll try mine on WINE because it does work wonderfully under Linux. It shits the bed all the time under Windows, I might have to write my own driver. I've pestered Genius for a month now and I don't think they even have the source code for their older drivers anymore because I had to send them their own driver back. They accidentally deleted 2015/tablet folder from their website, it's hilarious. Bless them.

You can find it on amazon, or some retailer.
YMMV, while linux's open drivers are good to get the job done, configure it is different story.
I can't get gestures to work with my bamboo even after switching to KDE.

But what I really miss from windows is hand writing recognition.