Is anyone else addicted to Sup Forums? I literally cannot stop wasting all my free time here...

Is anyone else addicted to Sup Forums? I literally cannot stop wasting all my free time here. I can slowly feel my mind and body atrophying away.

Cuckstamp

Shut off the internet and play vidya offline

It's what I do desu

you'll eventually tire of copy-pasting the same responses to the same witticisms that others have copy-pasted for the 6 gorillionth time

it's like an all night (and all day) bar

>it's like an all night (and all day) bar
yup, but without overpriced drinks, annoying music, uncomfortable seats, bad lighting and annoying people

it's pretty much perfect actually

>ovepriced drinks

overused stale memes

>annoying music

shit quality posts

>uncomfortable seats

your real life problems creeping on you

>annoying people

everybody here

You'd think so, but I've been here for years and I'm yet to tire from this place.

I can when there are so many repeat threads

Don't worry take a few days off, you won't miss anything

>mfw used to be spent all day lurking on Sup Forums
>mfw generals started to be more frequent and couldn't read all the threads because of language barriers
>mfw now I lurk once a day or two because generals are more frequent and most of the active threads are generals

Maybe this is the perfect time to finally break free from this place

>it's pretty much perfect actually
except it's a gay bar

>overused stale memes
better than no memes at all, especially since overused stale memes still generate lots of butthurt which is always fun. And more importantly, I'd much rather have cheap alcohol than "good" memes

>shit quality posts
See above, and again I'd rather have to filter through some bad posts than have to endure bad music. You can easily ignore posts, but it's quite hard to ignore music.

>your real life problems creeping on you
they would still creep on me even if I was at the bar. If I'm going to deal with my problems creeping on me, I'd rather be sitting in a comfortable chair comfily at home

>everybody here
Not as much as people IRL. And again, it's piss easy to ignore people here, unlike IRL.

Iktffb(i know that f*cking feel bro)

Sup Forums and WoW have honestly ruined my life

Imageboards are a drug like any other. You become addicted to the fast paced, ever changing nature of the site which results in consistent instant gratification. You feel a little rush of excitement whenever you get a (you). Monitoring threads and watching conversations unfold between people with all different viewpoints is very appealing, as well as the fact that you can alter the flow of a thread with a single (shit)post. You can log on at any time of the day and see different topics being discussed, or the same topics being discussed again by different people. You remember all the hilarious threads, posts and events that you've been apart of, and it makes you want to experience them all over again. But you never can, you have to constantly search for the next big thing to give you that same thrill. You might convince yourself that you're tired of stupid jokes and memes, but then you stumble upon an interesting thread that actually teaches you about something you never would have known about otherwise.You are constantly rewarded with an influx of information by just refreshing your page over and over again. The anonymity means you can be whoever you want to be whenever you want, giving you a freedom unlike anywhere else.

The other day I've chatted with fwg.
Believe it? It's true! A meme from 2014, still alive and kicking!

I think the biggest factor is really the anonimity. Technically any old website can do the same as you're describing, for example rebbit, or even facebook for that matter. The difference here is that it's totally anonymous, and so it's perfect for social retards and socially anxious people.

and inb4 questions about her, I'm closing the thread, off to bed. She's ooooooo k.

It's fun to see how language evolves. Like Pic related on Sup Forums. Started from a comic making fun of how Sup Forums is obsessed with Marigold Heavenly Nostrils in contrast with the mlp hate. Now it's been modified into tons of different variations, more or less a symbol for "I want to fuck that ___". It's stupid, but the evolution of the visual language is fascinating.

Christ, this is so true.

When bad posting becomes rampant then it's hard to ignore.

>shitposting fever

For some reason I feel an affinity with you guys

It's because you have no real friends of your own

>tfw circle of good friends
>close with my family
>employed and attending university
>generally fulfilling and happy life
>for some reason I still browse Sup Forums

Shitposting is fun

bump

this, so much fucking this
I thought that keeping myself busy will help me stay off this fucking website
apparently, I was wrong

It's all good, Aussie. We are the new generation, the breed of the future. We are the cosmopolitan.