Papua Thread

Sup Forums tell me about Papua

Why are they not the most powerful Oceanian nation after Australia?

Why is no nation supporting West Papua's right to soverignity?

Why does The Netherlands get away with fucking over Maluku?

Also post things about Papua that is interesting

anime

Canibal tribes getting kuru because prions in raw brains.

>Why is no nation supporting West Papua's right to soverignity?
Just look at Papua New Guinea.

Indonesia has been genociding natives though. PNG has never done that to such a scale.

Even then what does PNG have to do with people having the right to govern themselves?

look, I'm normally not at all a Sup Forumstard, and normally I absolutely despise Indonesia for what they did to East Timor

But on this specific issue, I support them. Seriously, what the fuck is the point of a country like PNG existing? If PNG isn't a failed state, then I have no fucking clue what is.

Anything north of the NT and south of Vietnam is literally poo, dont care

What the fuck is the point of any nation other than the right to self determination?

PNG was fucked over because of Australia it seems. For immigration detainment and raw resources.

>Why is no nation supporting West Papua's right to soverignity?
Indonesia is Russia-tier sensitive about everything they do

But like why did Australia support East Timor but didn't support WP rebels?

>that cheeky cornetto

Indigenous culture truly is superior to ours

I know as much about them as you do my friend.

There's lots of uncontacted cannibal tribes there apparently.

papua's mineral already belongs to freeport whilst east timor's was belonged to nobody
no benefits for asutralia

>tfw no papuan qt gf to chew petel nuts with

But Australia has the largest Papuans population in the West :3

This is a mega generalization but what's the general attitude of the Papuan genocide in West Papua?

What about being a puppet to US interests?

> *betel :(

They're a miniscule and inconspicuous minority. There are no Papuan restaurants/stores/neighbourhoods anywhere that I know of, and I don't think I've ever met one in person.

Apparently they are mostly in Queensland and it seems most Aussie posters are further south

I live in Melbourne.

I imagine they probably cluster up in FNQ.

genocide what?

No, mostly Brissy apparently.

FNQ is South Sea Islander blackbird descendants, aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders it seems in terms of "black" people.

Some 400,000 Papuans killed for not wanting to be invaded.

nobody gives a shit about papua, literally the most irrelevant dindus on the planet

B R I S
A
N
E

mentioned

>PNG was fucked over because of Australia it seems. For immigration detainment and raw resources.

What? We're the ones who gave them independence, keep the Indonesians out, and civilised the coastal niggers so much that they only eat each other occasionally now

Are you Papuan?
Rude, maybe in a couple decades they will supply Oceania with foodstuffs and manufactured goods from their ore.

Aus should support that.

All the mineral deposits are owned by foreign companies though, unless the Papuans find a decent dictator to nationalise everything they're just going to be kept in poverty forever

The colonial government armed to just leave missionaries. They did stop the warring but it seems it was a frontier land where aussies just got mining operations or land for ranching/plantations then left the economically marginal areas to natives

citation needed

No..

What's the point of having a colony if you don't steal everything that isn't bolted down? Australia isn't a Humanitarian Superpower™ like Canada lad

Wouldn't these foreign business interests just support a coup then?

How can PNG realistically utilize what their land has to economically empower themselves? Are they just basically an Australian puppet state?

>Are they just basically an Australian puppet state?

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know that foreigners overestimate us so much

Nationalizing foreign companies is a GOOD way to make people never want to invest in your nation since they have a high chance of losing their property and money.

Well what do you think Papua is in relation to Australia?

Massive cash drain, they're the biggest recipient of our foreign aid program

But if Australia owns much of the mineral resources of PNG isn't this remittance just a penance of what they make in profits annually?

The entirety of Oceania is Aussie clay m8

Seems like most manufactured goods and foods not grown in SEA is Australian. Even ads and things seem to be from Aus.

Aren't most Polynesians by numbers in Aus and NZ than the rest of Oceania?

Yes

Bump

Post cuties and husbandos

Can someone tell me about papua new guinea

I know nothing about it

Why are there black people in the ocean

.....Fahasalamana, Avy aiza ianao?

Wait a second is this that papuan Aussie using a Malagasy proxy because you know I'm part Malagasy?

I have no idea who you are.

Mahay miteny malagasy ve ianao?

everage iq 59

>im part malagasy
haha muh heritage

>A curious case based upon this diversity of Negro peoples came to light some years ago in a criminal trial in the Delta. A Negro woman stabbed a Negro man. Her reason was that he had called her a “Nigger.” “I’m no nigger,” she said. “My grandma told me not to let nobody call me no nigger. I’m a Molly Glasser and an ink-spitter.” Upon examination it developed that she was descended from the tribe of Malagasi. They were a strong and superior people who themselves had owned slaves. They were betel-chewers and expectorated black. Unfortunately, the law does not recognize distinctions of this kind. The descendant of the Malagasi went to jail.

This was in the 1920-30's

Malagasy slaves really pushed it down their kids throats to remember their heritage so sue me

>Sup Forums tell me about Papua
stone age state neighbooring of middle age state

>Muslims
>calling others stone age

stone age is where murder and cannibalism more occur, islamic country has lower than christian one

Murder doesn't occur in Indonesia with them killing Papuans?
No need to bash Muslims on here user.

Last bump