Is it possible to get a good vacuum cleaner in the EU anymore? i know they banned the whole "high wattage" consumption

Is it possible to get a good vacuum cleaner in the EU anymore? i know they banned the whole "high wattage" consumption.

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2012/4/2/2919929/philips-officially-sells-tv-division-to-tpv
products.umc-slovakia.sk/
reuters.com/article/us-sony-samsung-idUSTRE7BP03N20111227
zelmer.com/for-home/vacuum-cleaners/tradycyjne
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dyson.

Nope.

You will spend twice the time vacuuming with half the power resulting in a net energy saving of zero.

>watercooled mouse

that's what i saw as well

Build your own vacuum out of an old furnace blower

lol eurocucks

Yes, EU has some extremely lame laws.

do they also have low-wattage electric ovens?
sounds like a stupid idea, you'll just end up taking longer and end up no better off ()

Lower peak consumption allows shittier quality of cables etc.

Maybe too many idiots plugging in 13w into 13w power strips.

no, you will end up with companies trying to actually make them work instead of just make them consume more power.

Yes, because we can always just stop using the laws of physics.

>I know more about vacuums than the people EU hired to make the specifications
ok

>Implying an institute that actually once regulated the curvature of bananas has any idea what they are talking about.

This decision has a political motivation, not a technological one. It wasn't made by engineers but by politicians.

TL;DR: Yes, I know more about vacuums than the people that made the specifications.

Yeah I do. #Brexit

>no abnormal curvature = banana must be straight
>the regulation wasn't even about banning them but about classification (class 1, class 2, and so on)
found the britbong

>politicians write regulation without taking advice from industry and other professionals
it's almost like you have no idea what you're talking about...

Nobody cares, fuck off

Not him, but seriously now, wattage restrictions are bound to spur responsible/respectable/ambitious companies to invest more in R&D to eek more power out of what they can use. If there is no restrictions you don't get as much innovations.

Funny how the EU is doing absolutely everything to fuck whats left of the European manufacturers
They did the same thing during the 80s

When the EU struck down the attempt of the The united front of the European consumer electronics market against the Japanese & Korean competition.

> Implying the industry and professionals actually care about technological advancement instead of just maximizing profits.

Just get a commercial grade wet/dry.

NOBODY can sell things that don't adhere to these regulations, how is this fucking over euro manufacturers?
explain

>increase regulation by federal body
>exponential cost and hurdle jumping vs marginal increases in efficiency
have you ever worked in an industry where this has happened? let me tell you, it makes you nuts.

protip: the entire reason that cars today are ugly as shit, expensive, and disposable are due to inefficient regulations. We could have cars that are 95% as good in some areas and 200% better in others with either more sensible regulations or no regulations at all depending on the issue in question

>if it's written without experts it is incompetent
>if it's written with experts it's subject to their shadowy ends

Cutting 0.1s off your quarter mile time is less important then improving your chance of survival when you inevitably wrap yourself around a tree or turning your city into a toxic smog chink hellhole

>Cutting 0.1s off your quarter mile time is less important then improving your chance of survival when you inevitably wrap yourself around a tree or turning your city into a toxic smog chink hellhole
you're just strawmanning my position.

experts r dum

Real Americans buy 2-stroke gas powered vacuum cleaners

oh yes, all those horrible regulations about keeping people alive when a car crashes
It would be great if cars could be recovered in one piece.
all you'd have to do is clean off the red paste that the last diver made/is, replace a few parts and resell it
PROFIT

desu i'd rather have everything regulated, even if it means it's regulated in as pedant fashion as eu does it than giving companies and corporations free reign. Track record shows that the companies will never move things that benefit the customers and will only look to line their pockets.

What areas about cars were you talking about?

>desu i'd rather have everything regulated, even if it means it's regulated in as pedant fashion as eu does it than giving companies and corporations free reign. Track record shows that the companies will never move things that benefit the customers and will only look to line their pockets.
You sound like you got memed by some 101-level class talking about the exploding Ford Pinto or something. On balance, regulation is significantly more damaging (as it is today). We're watching our Western societies slowly melt away due to our current mindsets.

I'm talking about fuel economy regulations in the US specifically—you wouldn't believe the shit that goes into this and how it affects everything else—but it could be anything at all. There is a lot of arbitrariness in regulation.

Fuck, I'd have more than one ISP choice if it weren't for government regulation.
>mfw kids here talk about expanding government power to deal with problems created by government overreaching
See also: department of education, HUD, most infrastructure programs, ...

>you wouldn't believe the shit that goes into this and how it affects everything else

How 'bout giving me the short version?

regulation is not equivalent to crony capitalism
making people use less energy when the government/EU is actively paying to switch to greener, more expensive energy production makes sense

Have you noticed the change in beltline / window shape / etc on newer cars? Notice how for example a lot of them have tiny windows that you can't see out of very well and you have to sit into it like a jet fighter cockpit? Ever heard the jokes about 60's cars being built like tanks by comparison?

short version: have to make everything shittier and cost more for extra 1 mpg and .01% less emissions and this is mandatory even if it means a bunch of plastic shit that is going to end up in a landfill and can never possibly degrade etc. Efficiency is not linear—cost and other considerations go through the roof
>greener
all these fucking euphemisms

>old shitty vacuum
>makes an ass ton of noise, but doesn't go hot and sucks so fucking hard it tore off parts of the rug at maximum settings
>new shitty vacuum
>still makes some noise, shits out hot air like it's half vacuum cleaner half heater
>won't even pick up fucking stuck lint
>cant import anything good without getting fucked over by 20% tax
I want out

oh, and perpetually failing and buggy transmissions, endemic to many recent ford / chrysler products for example... I could go on but I hope you get the point

Short version: Have to make everything safer for drivers and passengers and other participants in traffic.

There is literally nothing wrong with the example you mentioned. Cars are basically deadly weapons. Even if you're driving within a speed limit a head on or side collision usually kills even with airbags and all. In the 60s, if you collide with someone in the same circumstances 90% chance is that everyone dies, and a 99% chance that someone dies.

Ford has failing transmissions because they don't know how to make a good transmission, not because some arbitrary restriction.

Muh /o/ memes. Peoples lives are more important then MUH BOOMER MUSCLECARS

Dyson are the apple of vacuum cleaners. All show no substance.

Find a cheap powerful electro motor (trash, eBay, old appliances) and fit it in a new vacuums body

for consumers you should buy a wet-dry vacuum cleaner, they aren't restricted like that. You could also look into industrial vaccum cleaners, but they are more expensive.

you don't need a 3000w monster to vaccum up some dust particles
mine's 800w and it's plenty

not gonna argue with you 19-year-old college kids. Bottom line, improvements to the way vehicles respond to crashes wherein only a portion of the front of each vehicle collides accounts for the biggest chunk of improvements in vehicle safety for probably longer than your parents have been alive, similar to how the bulk of improvement in life expectancy is accounted for by antibiotics, basic understanding of routes of transmission etc, and improvements to a few key things that reduce infant mortality.

Cars in the past were objectively better with some noteworthy exceptions which I'm sure you'll cling to and point out while ignoring my underlying point, and healthcare has been the same for since the dawn of time except for basically hand washing and antibiotics. Once you realize things like this you can start working from a true premise instead bullshit propaganda. I'm talking about efficiency and return vs. regulation requiring it, but you don't care about the nuance here and just want to advance your point as per You are not as smart or wise as you think you are.

What's the wattage limit for vacuums?

I have a 700watts vacuum now, before I had a 1200watts one. The new one is better. They obviously inflated watts to the consumer perception more watts = better, which isn't true. One good example of necessary government regulation.

>19-year-old college kids
no, u
>ignoring my underlying point
Which is what? You literally made no point, just spouted some vague grievances without even mentioning *why* you think cars were better without safety restrictions and what made them that way

>not overclocking the sensor to 5GHz polling rate

>your a kid, I don't have to defend my positions
>modern medicine is handwashing and antibiotics
another victim of american education disappears into the night

my vacuum is 2400 watts and it's shit

Fellow Yuropoor here. My mom got one of those big ass vacuums cleaning staff use. Literally the only solution.

Meanwhile in the real world EU countries on aggregate run massive goods trade surplus

Of course it's possible. You can still buy traditional light bulbs as well.

There is a clear theoretical limit of power to hp, because you cant get free energy or generate more then you use, the hp you generate will always be less then the equivalent power you put in.

There are small advancements that will eak out just a bit more power, you could go into extreme precision, but that suddenly makes the vacuum cost 10 grand in tooling alone, or you could just use more power instead of 5-10% increases that are left to gain, and there you go, you double the wattage, you suddenly get roughly double the power.

>power
>hp
>wattage
user are you ok?

on the isp, yes and no.
in the early days, yes, but honestly we moved passed that and all the little guys either got bought up or went out of business due to the big guy, but anymore?

companies refuse to spend on infrastructure, you have to make a regulation that they use X amount of gross profit on infrastructure to get them to do shit.

I just realized I'm talking to someone who thinks free market works.

what point am i wrong on?

The way you attribute higher than average intelligence to politicians is kind of cute.

Or you could just make the motor and filter design as cheap and inefficient as possible and sell it to gullible consumers who believe more watts = MOAR POWAH

Shit just throw a big ass resistor in there.

Sis bought a 2.2kW vacuum before the ban.
It was Samsung, quite pricey.

Had to take it apart since then, and it contains a simple very generic chink ebay-tier motor.
So ban or not, shit products will be shit.

Miele brand is I think could be a good choice.

>not building a good old oil burning two stroke powered vacuum in good old American protest fashion
Pleb.

It's called industrial vacuum.
Kärcher, Metabo and similar brands all have them. They can suck water, dirt, anything. Some even shell casings.

BUT, the attachments absolutely suck that come with them. And well, they are big and fucking heavy. Cleaning it is also harder.

So.
1) A mum will need to some serious fucking liftin. (Our small vacuum is like 10kg)
2) You will have to buy new attachments/heads.

Sure can.

Step 1: your country leaves the euopean union.

I'm pretty happy with my Electrolux ultra silencer

>We could have cars that are 95% as good in some areas and 200% better in others with either more sensible regulations or no regulations at all

No, we could have antique technology like pushrods engines maxing at 4000 rpm and needing 4litres of displacement instead of 2 to produce 300bhp, all the while guzzling gas like a Thai ladyboy guzzles cum.

Just look at the US car industry.

true, however I expect everyone who needs something to do a bare minimum or research, dyson and shark are about as good as consumers are going to know vacuum cleaners.

I can't remember the name, but there is a vacuum cleaner that hotels and shit use/use to use that had a vibration function in it to help unseat dirt and shit. I think it started with m, but basicly it was a 1200-2000 watt vacuum cleaner, worth every penny you spend on it as it was used for hotels, that get vacuumed daily and pretty much never falls apart, the only issue is it's around 1500-2000$ but places get rid of old ones that are still in perfect working condition because they were big, bulky and heavy.

this is just proof, you do not buy shit from companies not know to make good shit.

you get headphones, you get them from a company who spends on r&d, not marketing or 40 other departments,

you want a monitor, you aren't going to get the one that is a house brand

You want to get a tool, you look into what you can rent as they aren't renting out cheap shit that falls apart.

>BUT, the attachments absolutely suck
Well that is a good thing in a vacuum cleaner, isn't it?

>politicians write regulation without taking advice from industry and other professionals

That is precisely what the European commission does, though.
They propose something they think is a good idea, and when it turns out it isn't, they just ignore all further information thrown at them.
You can provide them with impact assessments, expert opinions and foreign precedents... if you like being ignored. You can ask them questions if you like being ignored AND given platitudes.
It's the pinnacle of self-perpetuating bureaucracy.

>Americans can have higher wattage guns than Eurocucks can have vacuums
hehehehe

Yeah man the European consumer electronics are doing so good oh except for the fact that corporations like Philips are kept alive by their fucking LED Bulb industry without that they would have filed for insolvency 5000 times by now.

US car industry is shit because the federal government runs it like the communists.

>Dyson are the apple of vacuum cleaners.
They suck?

Paying a premium for a logo

Pretty much yeah same thing applies to Philips televisions sets

theverge.com/2012/4/2/2919929/philips-officially-sells-tv-division-to-tpv

In North America, Sharp TVs are actually Hisense models with a different logo

>not just wait for clumps of dust and hairs to amalgamate to facilitate easy picking up
>supporting big vacuum

If you look at Dyson reviews, particularly if u have a pet, they are complete, and total, disasters.

The vacuum guy on Reddit says melie has the best mid rage consumer stuff. They're $400-$500 in the US.

SHARP also pulled out of Europe
SHARP sets are the same as that crap sold at Argos and what not.

products.umc-slovakia.sk/

Guys I already said once.
Miele is fucking A if you have the cash money.
Even used ones are pretty fucking A.

I have a washing machine and vacuum cleaner - both Miele - used - but they are awesome.

If I were to buy a new one, it would be from Melie.

This is what happened to the makers of the great Trinitron tubes.
Very sad

reuters.com/article/us-sony-samsung-idUSTRE7BP03N20111227

I have a Zelmer and I love it! Cat hair no problem!
zelmer.com/for-home/vacuum-cleaners/tradycyjne

I have yet to read any actual examples of "old stuff was better because it was not regulated".

Mind you I dont quite like the ever reducing size of the window between the B and C (or c and d) pillars due to styling concerns.
I do appreciate that the roof is not crushing people inside cars anymore like in the 60's though.

Miele is indeed excellent. We recently bought the C3 which wipes the floor with our previous 1800W Zanussi, both figuratively and literally.

Zanussi are just a Electrolux brand the original Italian Zanussi corporation fell apart during the 80s.

The US car industry is shit because it had almost zero need to improve 65% of the technology / components of their car for cars to be purchased and driven.

Once that started happening the snowball of failure just continued growing in size while tumbling down the mountain.

Through mergers, bankruptcy (oh wait, actually it was the money of the very consumers they sold shit to), and heavy R&D investments of the survivors its starting to pick up again.

Well, Miele is like an AMG Mercedes (without the reliability problems). Of course it's priced the same way, it's not exactly cheap.

And Electrolux is still riding on 10 year old AEG technology.
Decent budget equipment.
Definitely not great, but not shit either.

Under rated reply.

>protip: the entire reason that cars today are ugly as shit, expensive, and disposable are due to inefficient regulations.

Cars have never before lasted longer...
Have never before have had more quality...
Have never before been safer...
Have never before been as reliable...
Have never before been as efficient...
Have never before been as cheap...

as a car does/is today in the USA or Europe.

why don't you just let people fucking sell vacuum cleaners?

> I think it's really important that we become a bigger more unstable version of Yugoslavia

EU is garbage but you do know that Yugoslavia re-organised and modeled itself after the United States yank.

I have a Bosch and it's pretty good.

This is the same bullshit /o/ keeps spouting about small engines and Sup Forums memes about smaller lithography/better performance per watt.

Fuck you. If I have a 100W device that performs X work and they find a way to increase efficiency so i can do X work with only 50W, i don't want the 50W device. I want the 100W device that performs 2X work.

Too bad that desktops don't sell shit anymore so enjoy your overclocked laptop CPUs

But cutting 3s off is more important than both and would be possible if cars didnt weigh more in safety equipment and entertainment than actual machinery

Learning to drive is your responsibility, not the governments