How come when I plug my headphones into my Windows work computer I can enjoy music at 20% volume but with the same...

How come when I plug my headphones into my Windows work computer I can enjoy music at 20% volume but with the same headphones on my Linux laptop at that volume I can't tell an oboe from a fagotto?

>linux
>audio

you're not supposed to listen to music on linux

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Actually it's just Fedora.

>Keijo - Dog Edition

even the Japaneses dogs drift

Macbook Pro with TouchBar doesn't have this problem

OBOE IS A FAGOTTO

One of these maps output to perceived loudness sensibly using a logarithmic scale. The other one is retarded and uses linear.

Different software developers have a different opinion about what "20% volume" should mean; and also whether it's more important to have the finest-grained control at the soft end, or at the loud end.

Personally, I would prefer the finest-grained control at the soft end. If I was developing that software, I might just implement it that way, because that's my preference.

> Not knowing that a vast majority of your computing experience all comes down to the personal preferences of various software developers.

what is that doggos problem?

probably because you're using pulseaudio like some sort of faggot

alasamixer
and boost the levels.

>Linux
>Audio

This has been true for decades.

fuck you rms

Pulseaudio can't work with some soundcard brands and only allows for software mixing on those with the delightful message that over 8 channels is too much for it to deal with. beautiful, right? You have to manually rise the bar in alsamixer for that card.

Why isn't anyone working on improving audio with Linux.

Do neckbeards not listen to tunes?

I was just about to post this

alsa is perfectly fine

he's autistic and wants the other doggo to smell his butthole

That discrepancy is probably because of the different hardware. I have no difference in output levels on my dual boot PC (win7/devuan).

You can have it both ends. You can even have it in the middle, and both ends at the same time. Change the slider length and values.
>blah blah software only has increments of X.
If you know so fucking much edit the driver and put it in a hub.

Maybe linear vs logarithmic slider.

judging from your post: because you are legally retarded

i guess that makes sense

>read OP
>come into thread
>job already done