Ryzen is Truly Horrible

Techpowerup review came out, it's not good

This is the performance across application CPU tests, aka NOT GAMES

The $500 1800X is slower than the $340 7700K in APPLICATIONS

Literally no reason to buy Ryzen anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Ryzen_7_1800X/4.html
techpowerup.com/231204/g-skill-announces-flare-x-series-and-fortis-series-ddr4-memory-for-amd-ryzen
ark.intel.com/products/97129/
valid.x86.fr/0z6r5s
ark.intel.com/products/97129/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_50-GHz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Games performance is even worse fo rRyzen of course

1440p

>buy $500 Ryzen chip

>get worse performance than a $340 Intel chip

Really makes you think

What's with the clock speeds?

Overclocked

techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Ryzen_7_1800X/4.html

>Ryzen system has slower memory
how convenient

that's all it supports.

So then run the i7 with the same memory.

Umm the point is that you run Ryzen with the best memory and you run Intel with the best too

Not his problem that Ryzen has garbage memory support

>So then run the i7 with the same memory.

>some intel chips OC to 5 GHz
>j-just underclock the Intel

You wish, kike.

techpowerup.com/231204/g-skill-announces-flare-x-series-and-fortis-series-ddr4-memory-for-amd-ryzen

Introducing other variables into a test doesn't give you reliable results.

>Don't run the competition with faster memory kits that it supports because it makes my shitty hardware look bad!

It's not Intel's fault that AMD can't support anything above 2666Mhz.

Even with OCing ram dimms to sometimes stable 2900Mhz they could simply use 3200Mhz dimms for Intel.

If R7 can't compete with $300 Intel's CPU then the rest of Ryzen's line up is literally DOA.

You are testing the intel platform vs. amd's

AMD's just happens to have shitty memory support

>have to buy special edition ricer RAM at 2x markup
top kek thsi just gets better and better
Intel master race

The fact that you subhuman kikes have to lie in every post just proves how lowly you are

Try again, heeb.

>muh special memory is okay when intel does it

>tfw R7 1700 is as cheap as a 7700K
>tfw can be overclocked to 1800X levels easily
>tfw only lose 2% overall performance for much better streaming performance
Gonna be good when I pick one up at microcenter.

>can buy whatever off-the-shelf RAM you want for Intel
>have to buy 1337xXxgamerBlackWidowEditionxXxXxSephiroth RAM for Ryzen

jesus christ kek
>$500 CPU
>$400 RAM
>still shittier than an OC'd 7700K
LOL

Damn, Poozen really is trash. I didn't expect much from Indians, though.

>can't run faster memory
>i-i-it has slower RAM, n-not fair

You could probably use the 3000MHz memory that's in the Intel system but some mobos may need a BIOS update because these boards have only been out for fucking like 2 weeks

>1337xXxgamerBlackWidowEditionxXxXxSephiroth RAM

Hahaha.

>mfw my 3600MHz RAM works perfectly with my 5GHz 7700k
When will you poo niggers learn?

It supports 3200. I'm running it on my B350 board with no issues. Also 4.0Ghz on a 1700 that I got for $310.

>for fucking like 2 weeks
ikr? ugh

>mfw AMD fanboys will defend this

>It supports 3200. I'm running it on my B350 board with no issues. Also 4.0Ghz on a 1700 that I got for $310.
post soem benches then brah instead of shitposting

>I'm running it on my B350 board
Yeah, at 2133MHz. Enable XMP and watch your little poorfag poo hardware blow up.

>meanwhile Intel supported it from the start

>mobo manufacturers had about a year to design/produce/prepare
>somehow they still need an extra 2 weeks to support common RAM speeds
AMD: Just Waitâ„¢

Intel's chipsets have been around for a while.

What timings do you have? As soon as I go above 2133mhz I get a boot loop.

All I have is a Cinebench score right now but here. I'm testing another build on this board with 3000Mhz mem because of the mobo shortage.

doesn't since they supported faster memory from the start

just shows how awful amd is at support

>mobo manufs shit the bed because they expect AMD to fuck up these chips and sell basically nothing
>somehow AMD's fault when mobo manufs don't do their fucking work and have shit support

It runs XMP fine. You think I'm stupid? Here's the build I'm on right now with EVGA ram. The other build is with TridentZ.

>have to buy special edition ricer RAM at 2x markup
where the FUCK were you when ddr4 was introduced

>use bad memory controller which is integrated into the CPU
>blame mobos when CPU launches
heh

>can buy whatever off-the-shelf RAM you want for Intel
PAAAAHHHHHHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That's 2900MHz, not 3200, you poor subhuman.

The Trident build is 14 / 34. I posted the timings for the EVGA running at 3000Mhz

7700K's IMC only supports 2400Mhz memory while Ryzen supports 2666Mhz.

But of course, we'd never talk about Intel's poor memory support because the mobo manufs have already fixed it on their end.

Kek. :^)

Motherboards have a large impact on what kind of RAM speeds you can run, even on the Intel side. My Skymeme setup wouldn't run my 3200MHz sticks via XMP at launch paired with a Maximus VIII Hero thanks to Asus' shitty firmware. A few months later they released a newer one that fixed the issue. The same thing happened with X99 boards, and will almost certainly happen with Ryzen.

>Just 15 posters

>7700K's IMC only supports 2400Mhz memory
that's very interesting, how do you explain the Techpowerup bench using 3000 then?

TRIPS OF FUCKIN TRUTH

That's not 3200MHz.
>raisinfag spent half of his budget on 3200MHz memory
>can only run it at 2900MHz

Can you even read?

>15 people having a conversation
>thread has 48 posts
>for some reason this is a problem

Because every post on this thread has a reply...

Yeah but I guess you can't
>inb4 more excuses

see
>because the mobo manufs have already fixed it on their end.

See also:
ark.intel.com/products/97129/
>Memory Types DDR4-2133/2400, DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.35V

If you're having trouble reading, I could purchase for you a Speak and Spell.

Having trouble reading? Also I don't think 3000Mhz is ever the true speed. They just round it up. It runs the same on my Z97 that I pulled it from.

There's plenty at 3200Mhz if you just look though. I'm not going to bother sticking in the other sticks when I'm still running my stress tests. Maybe when this RealBench session is done.

valid.x86.fr/0z6r5s

Just fucking wait you guys! It'll get better with time!! It's a new chip!
>just wait
>muh cores x time
>muh value

It's a bloody good CPU, considering it's within spitting distance of the 7700K in single threaded applications. It demolishes the 7700K in multi-threaded applications.

Look at that efficiency.

you're an incompetent and so are they

also the aggregate graph in OP makes no fucking sense

>If you're having trouble reading, I could purchase for you a Speak and Spell.

>i-if i quote some text on a page that somehow changes the reality that Intel clearly supports this speed and Ryzen does not
>b-b-b-but they fixed it
k
so why's Ryzen DOA at launch?
kek
why didn't AMD motherboard manufacturers fix it?
ALL of them?
top kek

It will only improve in time as well. Memory clock speeds have almost as much of a role in its raw performance as the CPU clock speeds and memory speeds are only going to improve.

Except it doesn't "demolition" there is only a handful of software where it gets a 10%+ gain, most of the time its neck and neck or even a win for 7700.

Wait for Raisin 2, do not encourage this mess.

>so why's Ryzen DOA at launch?
>kek
Yeah, only 1 million CPUs shipped and out of stock until relatively recently.

>why didn't AMD motherboard manufacturers fix it?
>ALL of them?
>top kek
Because, as previously stated, they didn't expect this launch to be pretty fucking phenomenal for AMD. Boards have been out of stock for weeks due to undersupply and they've been buggy because they didn't give enough of a shit to actually test them since they expected to not sell that many.

>62 posts, 21 IPs
I hope you're being paid, user

>says poojeet

>if you turn it into a 4.8Ghz housefire

>stock it's faster

>It's a bloody good CPU
No

>considering it's within spitting distance of the 7700K in single threaded applications
No, and it costs 200$ more than 7700k

>It demolishes the 7700K in multi-threaded applications.
Yeah in certain applications that happens, but there isn't many of those.

>No 6900 in test
Ok / yes

How much does intel pay to you
I want to do this too

ark.intel.com/products/97129/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_50-GHz

DDR4-2133/2400, DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.35V

you cannot run memory on the 7700K higher than 2400. That is ALL IT SUPPORTS. read the fucking jewtel ark faggot

yes it's true motherboards are garbage right now for AM4 until all bios shit is fixed, but you can still run up to around 2933

Didn't even need to stick the Trident in. These EVGAs will clock to 3200Mhz. Not bad for $95. Half what I paid for the Trident C14s. Wasn't even worth it.

That means you can run 4800Mhz, remember double data rate and all.

"DDR4 at 2400"

it doesn't say DR4 at 2400

you autist

TLDRT

intel is for Sup Forums scum
amd is for liars and cucks

GO VIA GO!

1. I wouldn't assume any given oc. I still have my 3570k at 4.2ghz when everything I read said I'd easily get a full ghz oc out of it, it always crashes at 4.3+ with 212evo cooler
2. ryzen 8c parts seem to hit a little more consistently around 4ghz but almost none are seeing crazy oc's without extreme cooling, this is due to the voltage based binning
3. ryzen scales a little better than intel with faster memory due to the way infinity fabric works and so we've yet to see the ideal config
4. benchmarks never reflect the fact ryzen's additional cores are more useful in real workload scenarios where you might have a user having multiple programs open. this is hard to compare but always favors multiple cores. a 4c part will always hit a wall before an 8c part. if you're buying a cpu for workstation use you'd always be hindered by 4c here

and then there's the fact almost every review site shows ryzen winning here so you can take these one benchmarks as gospel or follow what basic logic dictates.

I had mine at 4.4ghz for a long time I set it to 4.1ghz a few months ago cuz my old mobo died and I want to be nice now

Why the hell ryzen need special memory? It's like an autismo platform that requires a different kind of memory? I thought memory was based on an independent jedec standard why can't amd work with normal memory?

It doesn't need special memory it works with standard DDR4, Ryzen likes high speed RAM, overclocking the RAM improves its performance almost as much as overclocking the CPU itself.

The fact we already know is that Zen memory controller is a piece of shit. Overclock the CPU can improve memory compatibility but that is all, no high frequency, no quad channel, just a cheap crap imc

By high frequency you mean over 3200Mhz? I had no issues with either memory running at stock either. I think it's more that people are using shitty Asus and MSI boards and they aren't getting their shit together. This cheap ass Gigabyte has been giving me no issues and haven't seen any reports of any either.

They're supposed to enable 3200+ with a microcode update in May but the 16gig sticks that I want don't come over 3200Mhz anyway so I don't really care honestly.

>2500k Stock.. idiots

even if you have a golden sample 5ghz 2500k you'd still be losing to a stock ryzen here as you'd need closer to 6ghz to match

>make shit CPU
>blame OS
>get called out on it
>backpedal hard

Spoiler alert: AMD won't last for long.

Remember to hide and sage shill threads!

Who will you shill for when intel is forced to split up?

Because the mobos don't support better now.
It may improve, with time.
Maybe.

Int

They could just use one of the slower modules for both systems. Using fast modules in one and somewhat slower modules in another gives one system an unfair advantage and skews the results.

I bought 5 shares of amd stock. Ryzen has ruined me.

There are am4 mobos that support 3200. Even that one does.

a 6 yr old chip losing to the newest of the new fan bois wetting themselves over.. expect anything else?

>short term buyer bought before product launch
get of the ride while you have a penny noob

El > Int

Int shills pls go.

Intel won't be forced to split up because AMD won't go away completely, either Qualcomm or Samsung or some other will buy out their remains and keep competing with Intel.

>Literally no reason to buy Ryzen anymore
no reason to buy Intel's many-core CPUs as well, right?

>r5s will be 6/12 and 4/8 going up against 4/4
AMD still has a chance to be competitive.

Only on anus boards memory is broken you giant ass

then why is the shilltel running unsupported memory?

CONVENIENT

I doubt Intel will be forced to split up, there are OS's made for ARM processors, that is its competition at the moment.

>Intel fags keep comparing Ryzen to 7700K
>Not the overpriced 6900K it was intended to beat and does
Fuck off back to Sup Forums you gaming shits