Post legitimately good reasons why you don't dual-boot or run Manjaro as your primary distribution and why you haven't...

Post legitimately good reasons why you don't dual-boot or run Manjaro as your primary distribution and why you haven't installed it yet

Other urls found in this thread:

manjaro.org/the-team/
manjaro.org/get-manjaro/)
manjaro.org/community-editions/).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gentoo

I don't like rolling-release

I already use arch, no need to use a dumbed-down version of it

antergos or manjaro for linux lite?

I don't use a potato OS made by retard sub humans who also defer Arch's security upgrades.

I don't see any reason to use Manjaro. I use Fedora already and prefer GNOME as my DE. Manjaro seems to come with Cinnamon as the main. Can you convince me to switch?

Because I prefer my arch installation

Found the arch user..

Still butthurt about being a beta tester for manjaro?

Enjoy yr SystemD.

I don't use nor suggest using Arch. I've never even used it.

Just look at here.
manjaro.org/the-team/
And here Would you use an OS without a security team?
Would you use an OS by a retard?

Manjaro is a toy, a hobby project. Nothing more.

Test it in VM, sure, but don't use it on a productivity machine.

>April 6 2015

Been quite a while since then. Bet you're still sore with apple over antennagate.

>I already use arch, no need to use a dumbed-down version of it

>implying every wincuck babby knows how to use arch

This

Because it crashes when you install it. Antergos runs fine.

> AUR
> Pacman
> Rolling-release
> They provide an iso for Manjaro Gnome (manjaro.org/get-manjaro/) just scrolldown.

The truth is, manjaro is not as stable as arch, their repo is shitass, and they'd delay security fixes from arch. So nope.

>AUR
I've been told that AUR might have "endless" software but a lot of it is abandoned and potentially unsafe software that no sane person would want to install anyway.

>Pacman
I don't know what makes Pacman so great.

>Rolling-release
Rolling-release I don't care about too much, I'll be honest. It's not as if rolling release always give you super cool new features that you would want on day one. I am excited for Gnome Music's OwnCloud streaming update but I should get that in a couple of months anyway.

>Manjaro Gnome
Didn't know about that. Are they DE agnostic in that they don't very clearly favor one DE over the other?

You wouldn't install every software you could, would you ? All the most popular ones are there, and you don't have to install any ppa thing you have to search on the internet. Everything is centralized.

Pacman compared to dnf, I wouldn't say. All I know is that their package manager is solid : fast, simple to use, no deps issue, and so on.

The thing about rolling-release is not only the fact that you get cutting-edge softwares, it's also the fact that you won't have to re-install your OS all the time (from 16.04 to 16.10 (or to the next LTS)), or just hope that dis-tupgrading happens without a hitch.

Their "main" DE seems to be XFCE, but I won't say they truly favor it over the rest. They don't tell it AFAIK. There are also community releases supported by the Manjaro's team (manjaro.org/community-editions/).

I do though. It's hella nice.

because gnu is not unix and linux is gay

>You wouldn't install every software you could, would you?
True, I like coherency so I actually just stick with the Gnome apps that come with Fedora on a fresh install. I don't need much and can count the amount of programs I install on a fresh install off the top of my head. All I really need is Atom and all I really miss is Retroarch.

>Pacman
Sounds about the same. Though dnf sometimes redownloads the metadata for the repo or... something and that can take a while if you have a slow connection since its usually around 20+MBs. It doesn't bother me but it's a common issue people have with it.

>ppa
It's pretty easy with Fedora though. "dnf copr enable [repo name]". Copr is basically the analogue to Ubuntu's launchpad.

>rolling release
F24 -> 25 updated pretty smoothly for me but some people did have issues. It was only on Ubuntu (vanilla, even) where upgrading led to an error message on every login. I was actually embarrassed having to laugh it off when people saw 3 and 4 messages pop up on login.

>There are also community releases supported by the Manjaro's team
Kek. It looks like I use the same exact GTK and icon theme on Fedora. Cinnamon looks pretty good in that shot and I haven't used it in years so I'll check that spin out, even if I don't stick with it. Thanks, user. Maybe you should try Fedora sometime.

Why would I install a second OS? Debian is good enough.

Dual-boot for games.
Virtualbox + seamless mode for Office or other windows-only softwares if wine isn't enough.

Otherwise you're right.

Because running desktop Linux is for hobbyists and tinkerers, not people who actually want to get work done.

Why not Antergos?

Because Antergos is superior.

gentoo

Because I give absolutely no fucks.

Make your own distro from scratch newb.

Everything that is binary based and not void is shit. Unless it is a server

Its not Stallman approved. I only use programs that stallman uses or approves.

I already run Antergos as primary

Because Arch, and it's derivatives are retarded, and only used by 1337 script kiddies who like loli.

Be a real man and use Debian.

>Be a real man and use Debian.
Why so ? Which Debian version (sid, stable, testing) ?

Testing is good, Stable if you need a sturdy daily-driver.

He asked about MY reasons, not other's.

I actually recommend Manjaro to wincucks that are somewhat familiar with Ubuntu, but not ready to really dive into arch

gay

Because it's a b0rked arch knockoff.

Stable if you need an ancient daily-driver
FTFY senpai

meh, you aren't wrong. But I suppose that's the trade-off.

broken CLI installer, GUI install which doesn't let you use LVMs with LUKS.

but aside from that I like not having to configure each piece of my OS. It's been ages since I installed anything and didn't spend an entire day making bumblebee work properly

Post legitimately good reasons why I should run Manjaro.

openSUSE gives me a more tested rolling release experience, while also giving me a working system out of the box backed by SUSE Enterprise Linux. These guys have been perfecting KDE on their platform for almost literal decades by now and user builds for software not already included in the main repos are present. One Click Installs and YaST are very nice.

What can Manjaro offer that is equal or better than this?

This. Just use arch.

wiped win10 because botnet, feels good mang

The only reason to use Manjaro is if you have really old hardware you don't want to put time and effort in to set up; Xorg and all other shit have auto-configuration for modern hardware.

I ran Manjaro, but I trashed it when they randomly decided to drop GTK2, killing my theme. So much for being in charge of your own computer.

Manjaro is an abomination that is run by complete utter incompetent retards.

Switched to Arch Linux and I haven't regretted it one second.

the only thing keeping me off of openSUSE tumbleweed is the idea of having to reinstall my proprietary nvidia driver and break bumblebee after ever kernel update.

Virtue Signalling is an imaginary, bullshit term buuuuuut...

Games.