/mkg/ mechanical keyboard general

Other urls found in this thread:

deskthority.net/wiki/TG3_KBA-BL82/BLT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kys

Form or function? Choose wisely, it could save you're life

I choose both, because I can afford it.

Wow, get this retarded plebbit LE QUIRKY XDDD hipster shit off my board you fucking fruitcake.

>he says while posting on an anime website subforum dedicated to obscure linux distributions and showing off one's waifu statues and phone backgrounds

kys

I think you're confusing us with the idiots paying hundreds of dollars for custom keycaps shaped like pufferfish that are uncomfortable to press.

Couldn't even use copy paste. What a lazy ass

I got an Eagletec KG010 and I was wondering..

What g thought of that board?

Can anyone can tell me the kind switches it uses?

And finally... Is the number pad really worth it? I use it when it's there but I was using a Samsung Bluetooth board without the numpad and loves the small size... But I'm torn would hate to not have something and need it later rather than have something and not need it often.

I plan on upgrading to something nicer once I find out what I like best and sliding this to my partners PC.

I game and code a bi for what it's worth.

Is making the letters for your keycaps a good idea?

looks like pic related

Probably forgot to add a ctrl key to his shit hipster keyboard kek

Where's the info? Is this even an official mkg?

Outemu switches

TKL is as small as I can go.

It is admittedly an imposter.
only if you're learning another language
numpads are useful for data entry, but not having one is more ergonomic because your mouse is closer to your hands. I want one to the right of my mouse.
take the plunge.

Its a reddit thing. You wouldn't understand

Ay, I put my TaiHao on the Filco I picked up the other day, I'll be stripping it down to swap the MX Browns with Gat Ergo Clears soon. It's a good board for the office though

Hot shit son.

The rubber key they gave me was a blue "W," I guess they just sent them as samplers or something, weird.

did magnum research make licensed p99s?
I'm about to buy a ppq m1 today.

>I want one to the right of my mouse.

get a separate numpad

do you have some kind of fetish?
I mean apart from attention

Ha yeah, I had no idea why they threw that in, it's a lower profile than the main set too, but it's okay to use, I spend all day hitting ESC on CAD so it's actually quite comfy

Yes. It worked the same way as the SW99 did for Smiff & Wess in the late 90s, Walther in Germany manufactured every component except for the barrel and naked slide, which were made in the U.S. Everything in an MR9 is interchangeable with a P99 because they are literally from the same bins in Ulm, even the frame is made by Walther.

They're MUCH cheaper than P99s.

I like Walthers if that's what you mean user. A lot.

I looking for some good old clasical keyboards and this thing showed up. It is not mechanical right?

It's not much but it's mine

Its not mechanical. Look for IBMs made in the late 80s and early 90s.

Nah, we had those shitty rubberdomes when i was in college

Is that supposed to be bait?

flip that spacebar back faggot

this any good?

How's mine?
I used one of those chinese GH60 PCBs and it works really well.

Fuck it's upside down.

Anyway, I also 3D printed a cap because I didn't have a 1.75u rShift

Have been using it for months but still haven't put a back on it.

People give me shit for `making things unnecessarily harder' in reference to having to use both shifts to get some symbols etc.
What goes ignored I guess is that after the second day and you're use to it, not having to move from the homerow ever makes everything so much better, nicer, and easier.
I love my cute loliboard.
Form vs function? This takes the cake of both.

space cadette

captcha: ALGO Route

Durr hipster faggot, why would you make a board for yourself, don't you know all keyboards have to be usable by anyone?

whoop whoop motherfucker

Oh thanks. Some advice to spot good ones? Wich brands, time periods, characteristics I need to look at? Its the DIN connector a good reference?

Thanks you!
I didn't think about mouse placement but that's a great point. I am moving quite a bit back and forth. Interesting...
Do you know of a good external numpad, anything you would recommend?

JUGALOOO
are there rollover issues with doing this? are you using a teensy?

the diode matrix makes it nkro

xd

friends?

>whoop whoop

I don't plan on getting/building a keyboard yet, but when I do, are there specifically apple keyboards out there? Because they often have different keyboard layouts. Would it also be possible to use the PCB from a keyboard made for macOS in a keyboard made for windows?

the answer to all your questions is yes

Thanks, that's good.

did u make the pcb?

hey that's pretty good

there is no pcb, it's obviously hand wired
if you instead mean the plate, no I got it from Ortholinear Keyboards back when their wobsite was still usable

or do you mean the teensy? yes it's a teensy

Anyone used one of those Unicomp TrackPoint keyboards?

Bought myself a StinkPad recently and loving the TrackPoint. I already have a Unicomp which I love, but I feel like throwing some money away just to get a TrackPoint.

Is it actually any use in a desktop scenario? Also does it cause any compatability issues? I've bought all my Unicomp's with a PS/2 connector because I have autism, any my motherboard only has one port, I assume they both (the keyboard and the 'mouse' TrackPoint) just run through one connector?

deskthority.net/wiki/TG3_KBA-BL82/BLT
I tried this keyboard at a >meetup once and it felt pretty similar to topre except much heavier. It's essentially MX black with a rubber sheet over the switches to make it waterproof, but also provides tactility. I'd imagine the rubber sheet would feel much better when paired with switches which are lighter such as gateron clears.

They are also cheap. I see them on ebay for ~$25.

Would you really use it over a mouse or trackpad?

Tbh, my Unicomp has really spoiled me. I feel slight irritation at the feel of the el cheapo rubber domes at the library and computer lab.

Considering getting a Cherry Blue board with more key rollover for gaymen, but it's not a big deal.

what's the correct board for /tinywhoopgeneral/?

New thrift score today

>1987 Model M
>1985 Model F

Now to find some adapters to test them

where the fuck do you people find these things. I'm in a major city and I must be looking in the wrong places.

How much those cost you, you lucky son of a faggot?

thrift store that specializes in computer recycling
$8 and some change for the pair

I

Nice heavy glue, did you use enough? kids these days...

Best mechanical keyboard for 50€? I live in Europe. No amazon.

I have been thinking about these:
>JamesDonkey 619
>Ajazz AK33 RGB
>3LUE k751

WHAT ARE THESE TINY CAMERA DRONES REEEEE

>no windows keys
Worthless

Funny thing is that those admin keyboards had super keys, or as you call them windows keys, unlike the normal ones. Just not where you expect them

You guys ready for some >opinions?
Looking to make a purchase, do I go for a
>Ducky one TKL
or
>Cooler Master Masterkey S or whatever
This'll be my first, thought of going for an Anne PRO first but might as well go slightly big

They're called tiny whoops, they're used for indoor fpv racing. Look up Eachine e010s or blade inductrix for commercially available ones. Most of the ones ITT appear homebrew

they are booth good keyboards. It really depends on what you are looking for.

where do i buy one

>off my board
this thread's been here for longer than you've known what Sup Forums is.

nice tiny whoop

They both pretty much do the same thing, on first glance. Would you go for one or the other? I guess there are minute differences in keycap quality, I'll read up on their sizes and materials respectively.

I went with Ducky since they offered PBT dye-sub keycaps., but it looks like they are out of stock. It also has rebindable media keys which is nice. I know the cooler master pro has software while the Ducky One doesn't

what is this camera , how can make or buy?

Seems like vacuum formed plastic to me mate, or did that not exist "back in the day?"

/diy/??

you already got your reply in csg

Upon further research, turns out the Masterkeys' keycaps are Laser etched ABS. They also allegedly use rubber coating which is Meh.
Going for the ducky one in this case.

Here's the cheapest you'll get one. (Choose Mode 2)

>>www.banggood.com/Eachine-E010C-Micro-FPV-Raicng-Quadcopter-With-800TVL-40CH-25MW-CMO-Camera-45C-Battery-p-1110786.html

You'll probably want these too.
>>www.banggood.com/Eachine-VR-D2-5-Inches-800480-40CH-Raceband-5_8G-Diversity-FPV-Goggles-with-DVR-Lens-Adjustable-p-1074866.html

>>www.banggood.com/5PCS-Eachine-E010-0006-RC-Quadcopter-Spares-Parts-3_7V-150MAH-45C-Upgrade-Battery-Charger-Set-p-1103758.html

>>www.banggood.com/FQ777-124-Pocket-Drone-Spare-Parts-Two-RC-Sticks-p-1000313.html

Enjoy.

looks like a fun hobby, thanks user

is that a pok3r?

odered a tada68 and its arrive in a few days
what keycaps do you recommend?

The stock ones are great, no need to buy different ones unless you prefer a different profile.

thanks
btw tada is blacklit, so i can use keycaps with transparent lettering right?
any recommendations?

Bump, pls halp

Miami PBT for Alps when

Its just a keyboard dude. I have rubber dome keyboards made in 2002 that have din connectors so it really isn't a good indication. If you really want you can get a used IBM model M. Unicomp still makes them today and are basically the same keyboards from 1985, just with lighter materials. You can also get a Dell AT101W for around 40 bucks on ebay, or if you are an apple fan then an AEK will do. Both of which use Alps switches. If you are a cherry fan then you can find old G80s practically everywhere for cheap. Cherry still makes the same keyboard today, but if you really want you can get one with vintage blacks, meaning they were made before cherry changed their manufacturing process in 1994. Or if you prefer something similar to Topres you can get old BTC keyboards. If you want to go ancient then get an IBM beam spring or a Honeywell hall effect from the 1970s

What is it?

What's the deal with importing into the UK? Is it bad luck if I have to pay VAT or is it inevitable?

thnks britfags

Its a keyboard duh.

It's comfy that way, at least when gaming

Anne Pro

Too expensive

Got a mechanical keyboard yesterday. Now what?

now get a smaller one

This guy knows what he's talking about

You're that twat with the Sous Vide from /ck/ aren't you?

Depends where / who you're buying from. If it's a private individual on r/mechmarket, ask them to mark the value as £5 and most will will, so you'll avoid charges. The Chinese happily do this too.

Real webstores and larger sites generally don't as they don't want the risk of it coming back to them.

I have had one for 6 months. Its my first mech keyboard. I like it. Mines pro L though.