Cities

Do you live in a city Sup Forums?

And if yes do you live in a big one, medium sized one, or a small one?

Does living in a big city give you a lot of advantage over people who live in small towns?

I live in a 180k city(300k aglomeration) and I got the same stuff as if I would be living in a 2-3 million pop city. Sure, the job market is smaller, but that's all.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10228231
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Cunt

I live in a city state

What is this "small town" you speak of?

I dont since finland doesn't have cities. only villages

I do and I wish I was living on the countryside in a small village. Cities are horrible. Masses of people everywhere, noise 24/7, and god help you if you don't have enough money to live in a nice area.

I agree. Living in a cosy village near a city is the best choice if you have car/cars and the time to drive your kids to school.

Big cities are overrated. Cinemas show the same trash everywhere, the pubs aren't open any longer than somewhere else, and museums can be visited on a day trip, they don't have to be where you live. Also cities are fucking hectic and full of the poor, weird and shitskins. 50k town is best size.

I lived in Bristol (population ~400,000) for 4 years.

I am very much a city person. I don't really know anyone my age in real life, no friends etc., so living in a city gives me a level of.... erm.... social contact that I don't get away from the city. E.g. I can go to the cafés and speak to the staff there, or just go to one of the public parks and chill out, wth other people there doing the same.

Bristol central is about 50% nice and 50% shit, n my opinion, which is a pretty good nice:shit ratio for English cities. I'd certainly like to move back there, though I'm not desperate to.

I am enjoying the quiet life of a small town for now.

In a city you are surrounded by all sorts of people: rich, posh, poor, rude, nice, thin, fat, etc. In a small low wage town like my current one, pretty much everyone is lower class and fat. One of my coworkers recently move to Cambridge, which is nearby. I'd do the same but I cannot afford it.

More of Bristol.

This is what I mean about social contact.

I could go and grab a coffee and a muffin, then go and chill out on College Green or something, and it wouldn't be too unusual for some stranger to start talking to me.

>I live in a 180k city(300k aglomeration) and I got the same stuff as if I would be living in a 2-3 million pop city. Sure, the job market is smaller, but that's all.
Same, ~200k is the perfect size. Everything is in walking distance

I live in the capital, 550k, maybe 800k aglomeration. I love it, the only problem is the traffic. Plenty of green space (in terms of area the city is supposedly larger than Paris) and most of the jobs are here.

I do, a big one for France standarts. 450 000 people, 1.3 million the whole urban area

>Does living in a big city give you a lot of advantage over people who live in small towns?

Yeah probably, I come from a village so I can see the difference. More jobs, more different and interesting people, more activities. But honestly I'd rather live in a town of like 30 000 people next to nice nature

I live in a pretty small city, Bryne, which is also pretty close to the much bigger cities sandnes and Stavanger. It's pretty shitty here. The pubs here are filled with old creepy people and shitty music. The mall is boring and even though Bryne is technically a city, there's nothing to do here that isn't better in Stavanger.
Also, we tend to be a bit more... Rural here, so expect weekly fights, drug abuse and rampant alcoholism plus lots of weird religious people.
Basically, micro-texas.

I would love to live in a city with old buildings, it seems to so comfy compared to all the commieblocks in Finland

I've been to Stavanger. It was very boring, I can fully understand why you don't go there. Oslo is so much better.

Do you have 5-star restaurants there? If yes then it's fine.

Old buldings have their merits but sometimes there annoying to live in, for example if the electicity is old or not done properly, same with the plubing(yeah I know, meme).
I once burned the electical installation in the apartment because my pc and pc screens were too much to handle for it.

Well there are commieblocks here too, for more than 1 million people not everyone has a house or an appartment on old buildings. But it's alright because they are far from the historical center

No. Why would I need it?

I got much better things to spend money on then that like diving, water ski etc.

I envy countries that were skipped by the commie plague and ww2 so much.

I've been to France few times and I love it but it hurts knowing that cities in Poland could have nearl 0 commie blocks if it wasn't for wartime craterization and commies.

Yep, some of our cities in Northern France were destroyed during WW I but were rebuilt exactly the same, like this place. And it wasn't the same level of destruction as eastern Europe during WW II anyway

Bump for some non-EU answers and to combat generals.

Living in a 15 million city, people everywhere, nearly the worst traffic in the world, constructions and car honks everywhere, air feels like it contains fake oxygen.

Just fucking kill me.

A 50k city in Poland has the worst air in the EU...

Literally 18% of it's cancrer is caused by the air.

Damn, must be an industrial area.

I understand though, it's hell when you're driving through Kocaeli in here for example. A ''city'' full of factories.

I just want to live in a quite and peaceful town man, I can't take this much longer.

No, it looks like this. And my bad it's 32k pop.

Either EU is the cleanest ''region'' in the world or this city is hiding something horrible.

EU is one of the cleanest regions in the world with significant population density.

New worlders are welcome to post as well.

Why does it have the worst air then ?

Because of a factory and coal heated homes, plus being in a valley stops the smog from getting blown away.

there is probably some grabage burning plant nearby, we have the same near the German border
:^)
Tisová its called, its the most environment damaging plant in central Europe :^)

I live in a 100k city in northern Texas. It's alright I guess. It's nothing special, just some generic American city. Nice thing is that you can easily go out into the country side just a few miles north.

Pic related is our downtown.

Yeah. It's the biggest in the country. I moved here from a pretty rural area so there are a ton of benefits. I no longer have to drive everywhere. I can walk down the street and find a bunch of different shops. There are plenty of museums to visit too. I also really like skyscrapers so that's an added bonus for me.

Really big one nearly 9 million
The entire metropolitan area has 20 + million people and its no fun when rush hour comes,traffic is imposible metro lines bus lines become hell on earth and pollution is killing me, on the other way there´s a lot to do and I never get bored of exploring

strawpoll.me/10228231

strawpoll.me/10228231

strawpoll.me/10228231

I live in one of the biggest cities in the world, Shanghai. Much more interesting than living in your average tiny, shitty, boring yuro city full of old people and niggers.

350k, but 1 M in the urban area. It can double during the summer with all the tourists.

I live in a big city, but it feels like a small one sometimes.

the only city in Bohemia

I was a tourist there a few weeks ago. I accidentally wandered into the bad neighborhood, like the most British cliché straight-outta-British-crime-series bad part of town, with brown immigrants and this odd mix of "dilapidated" and "quaint" that those little row houses exude.
It was somewhere in the Northeast. I figured I'd walk through the giant mall even though I had no intention to consume, but w/e the museum had closed already, then I took a wrong turn.

>"dilapidated" and "quaint"
>I had no intention to consume

you must be real smart guy

I've grown up on the outskirts of a 300k city, and I've been living in Milan in the last two years.
I much preferred living in the smaller city tbqh, but there's just way too many businesses you can't get into from small towns. Both me and my gf would have had to switch careers to stay in our hometown.

As a rough guide:
East and south = the shitty part.
North and West = good.

Hopefully you got to visit Clifton.

The mix of dilapidated and quaint is something I have noted on my travels in England.

Anyone visiting that part of the country is better off visiting Bath rather than Bristol.

Max depth ?