Why do all modern high end PCs all look like this now?

Why do all modern high end PCs all look like this now?
It's comical how generic they've become.
-Shitty case that looked outdated the day it came out
-cable sleeving for no fucking reason other than reddit
-water cooling loops designed around right angles
-RGB everywhere

What happened to the custom PC sector?

What do you want to see?

Because all I see is a bunch of bitching and crying from some cry baby autist.

Is this right angle thing a meme?

Are people actually implying that the slightly extra amount (possibly) of energy required from your pump to push fluid around a right angle in a closed loop has an effect on cooling?

Actual technology and quality. Not some guy's paracord wire job.
A right angle in plumbing is not slight. One single right angle may not be a problem. Most of these PCs have 8 or more right angles in their loop. That's a huge increase of resistance.

It's an aesthetic at the cost of performance. This largely do to ignorance of how water resistance is increased in a loop.

>actual tech

It's a computer case, what exactly does "actual tech" mean on a fucking case?

Whitebox design is the domain of tasteless chinks and gamertards now.

Just that dumbass. Showing the hardware.

>do to ignorance
Fucking poetic. Learn to Engreesh.

>Actual technology and quality
What the fuck does this mean?

Just because YOU associate clear side panels and flashy lights with shitty 90s era tech, doesn't mean current cases are anything like that.

RGB LEDs are low power, and last for fucking ever, not to mention can sync up to your system audio or any number of other effects you want to do.

Further, clear side panels USED to be acrylic or plexi, these days nicer side panels are tempered glass.

Presumably he means something that doesn't look like the aborted offspring of a cheap wal-mart refrigerator and a child's fish tank.

There's actually nothing worth shitting on in this post, LEDs can be used for good as long as they aren't just obnoxiously spammed all over the place with no rhyme nor reason.

What performance benefit does RGB add? OH right none. Nice tech.
Called spoken English you fat cunt.

You aren't creating much of a pressure loss per right angle in a WC loop. The loops themselves are too short for it to be of a concern. Maybe if people were putting in 800 right angle you'd have a point.

Do you not realize that you can buy cases without this shit if that's all that triggers you?

You're not speaking, are you? No, you're typing. This is written English, therefore the word is "due". You fucked up. Learn to Engrish.

>What performance benefit does RGB add? OH right none. Nice tech.
AVA direct (the company you used in your OP pic) will literally sell you ANY computer case you want to use, hell you can even send in a custom case and they'll build your shit in there for you, but at that point you should just do it yourself.

>Why do all modern high end PCs all look like this now?
do they?
this is the first time i'm seeing one tha t looks like that

>What happened to the custom PC sector?
shitheads that like lian-li pushing minimalism as an aesthetic rather than minimalism as the starting point of a custom

Computers became easy enough for Normie dudebros
also First Person Shooters

>A right angle in plumbing is not slight. One single right angle may not be a problem. Most of these PCs have 8 or more right angles in their loop. That's a huge increase of resistance.
You joking right? This hasn't been a major concern since the early 2000s. Get with the times, modern pumps are far more efficient.

That is scientifically proven false. Not having those right angles will make the difference between achieving 1gpm or higher. Depends on your goal.
You still have the case design.
You're correct. Not sure why you're repeating your point.

>he unironically subvocalizes everything he reads
found the brainlet

>You're correct. Not sure why you're repeating your point.
To further rub it into your pudgy little face. This is Sup Forums.

>no rhyme nor reason
That's a double negative,the correct form is:
>no rhyme or reason

>"build" your own PC bro
Yet any prebuilt HP, Dell or Lenovo looks better out of the box.

Notice:
no useless LEDs
no useless windows

>Shitty case that looked outdated the day it came out

Minimalism cannot be "outdated", it's a lot like a good fedora that way.

>cable sleeving for no fucking reason other than reddit

It is imperative to keep things neat, otherwise you don't get upvotes in /bsg/.

>water cooling loops designed around right angles

Water cooling is not about performance but about getting compliments.

>RGB everywhere

That's mostly B.

The ideal computer is invisible and silent.

The next best choice is an unassuming matte beige or beige box.

*black or beige

This looks like a parody.

You're a small glimmer of hope on this site.

OP's case is not minimalist in any way.
* fuckhuge logo
* window instead of discreet, matte, closed side panel
* offensively gaudy lighting

You're right, I don't know why I always heard it that way.

Besides the window and single shitty logo, it's pretty much a featureless block of boring shit.

I just want to see airducts again. But this time made properly. Well fitted and airtight, providing cool air straight to cpu heatsink.

There are four major kinds of minimalism.

- I'm a weirdo asian fuck in a turtleneck living in a featureless concrete bunker. Also, I don't exist outside of interior design magazines.
- I'm Patrick Bateman and my idea of furniture is having a variety of surfaces to sniff cocaine from.
- I'm roleplaying Patrick Bateman. Sometimes seen in /bsg/. I own a mac, expensive audio system, a large block of wood in place of a table and a single, tiny anemic cactus. I don't need anything else in my life - except for your approval, of course.
- I'm roleplaying the guy roleplaying Patrick Bateman. I'm always seen in /bsg/. I don't quite get this minimalism thing, but I heard it's classy. I've got a lot of posters of stupid movies and video games, but they're nice and framed, so nobody can call me a manchild. I've got a fuckhuge mousepad, shiny gamer mouse and lots of LEDs around because, as I said, I don't really get this thing. So can we talk about my anime figurines yet?

OP's case is the fourth category.

>turtleneck living in a featureless concrete bunker.
Sounds comfy desu

I smell a jelly poorfag with no taste

design trends.

before it was black boxes, before it was neon boxes, before it was teselation, before it was grey boxes

This is gonna be my next case, should be here next month.

>paying $1000s for chink shit
A fool and his money.

>external psu
uhh

>2017
>being a caselet

Are you uhh'ing because that's cheating, or because there's no way I could power decent hardware off a brick?
It's 100% doable to power a 1080mini and a 7700K off a dell brick + HDPLEX 300W.
I'll be using a G-Unique + modded brick for a 3570K and 1060SC though.
If it's because it's cheating, it's just relocatable volume.

>2017
>wasting space with a fuckhuge pigfat case

because its cheating, i cant get a bunch of pcie extenders and make a case as thin as my mobo and claim thats g. While im at it i have an external psu, all my drives are external, my disc readers external

It's cute

Why do they look like that? Because people like that look. If no one bought something that looked like that, things that look like that wouldn't exist. There are many vanilla cases, but they're just not popular.

Use your head, OP.

The case is 3.24L, the brick is .85L. (~4.1L)
That's signifigantly smaller than a lot of other cases, especially ones with external PSU's like the S4 mini I'm in now.
The only thing close is the Hutzy XS, but that uses a flex ATX PSU which tend to have noisy fans. Personally I'd prefer to use a brick over a flex ATX psu.

lmao all this caselet

C O P E
O
P
E

all of those look like gaudy 00s boomboxes, or car audio systems

>I heit samthin an iu shud heit it
kys user, you wasted a post on this. If you want something to get done:

neither rhyme nor reason

This could very well be a mATX case

>having a handle on a desktop PC

Does anyone still haul around their desktops?

> it's a lot like a good fedora that way.

Only the biggest autists wear fedoras nowadays.

Lan parties, faggot.

There are decent enough laptops now.

>lan parties
>2017

It totally defeats the purpose of a small case if you have to have another box there to take up space.

Generic beige boxes became literal white boxes.

It looks nice, but external PSUs are gross.

Especially now that SFX PSUs are getting good.

Why don't companies just make beige cases again?

Hello, someone would help me solve this problem. Make a pseudocode that asks for a presentation note and calculate the note you need to

pass the exam

Because the adderall and ritilin killed the current generations creativity. People now would have panic attacks from anything that actually has personality.

initiate
get pres note
calculate note
end

Nope, it's "nor". You don't say "I don't want this or that," you say "I don't want this nor that."

When used in a negative statement, it's "nor".

SFX is .1L smaller than that brick, SFX-L is .15L larger than that brick.
Personally I'd prefer some relocatable volume over an SFX PSU.

I fucking wish I could go to some LAN parties.

I never got the chance. By the time I was old enough to be able to buy my own stuff, everyone was on Xbox Live already and LAN parties had just about completely disappeared.

I literally, unironically think one of the coolest experiences would be
>have 5-10 dudes over
>everyone brings their PC
>play a bunch of online games
>live, face to face team communication
>fuck around in battlefield, cod, whatever and still win because it's so easy to communicate
>pizza, soda (vegetable platter and water for those looking for lighter fare)
>play games all fucking night, hang out, have fun

I never got to do that. And at this point, in 2017, I don't know if I ever will.

You could try quakecon, it's not exactly that but if you can conquer your autism you can befriend people around you and do that kind of stuff.

Yes but the power brick is way less efficient, worse surge protection, so on and so forth.

SFX PSUs now days are really damn good quality, on the other hand.

How to make a pseudocode or equation from this;

4.48*70/100=3.136
4*3.36=0.864
0.864/.0/100=2.88

stop posting this retarded shit and post the actual assignment

if your friend aren't faggots, you could do it. I still do it with my friends once a year at least. We have a BBQ, lots of beers, and we fuck around all day. Winter, some cozy place and hot chocolate. Summer, some place with a pool.

as much as I think it looks cool and clean I would rather have something with enough space for a normal psu

What's the point in a full size PSU when SFX PSUs are at 750w which is more load than over 99.999% of people use?

The logo on the front fucking ruins it.

The one on the GPU fan is shit too, but at least you can probably peel that off.

that pic, I had a good hardy chuckle.

>r8 or h8 on me Sup Forumsoyim

Not him, but it seems you missed the fact that case uses an external power brick.

I'd fucking buy one. I love me some nostalgia.

That has nothing at all to do with my comment.

that was first choice case before grabbing an s340. The 200r is really is a fairly priced and solid case. Nothing bad you can say about it although i think it could use some more fans. for the price tough it aint that bad.

Fortunately they let you modify the case a good bit when you order, I removed the logo and asked for smaller vent holes and am using an EVGA 1060.
good god

The other user just said a "normal" PSU, which could mean ATX like you assumed, or it could mean something more standard for an ATX-based system, like ATX or SFX.

yup

Why does anyone need a case significantly wider than the 5.25" bay drive or 5.9" ATX PSU width?
No case should be wider than like 6".
That thing is 8.2" wide. "Compact" my ass.

Yes. And what does that have to do with me saying that an SFX PSU provides enough power for virtually everyone's needs and there is no need for a "normal PSU" aka an ATX?
That the case he responded to (obviously) has an external power brick has nothing to do with my statement that SFX is enough.

MARY!!!!

roast me neckbeards

Glass is good

i have two brothers whom i lan with a lot. Its sad that you've never gone to one before. Even when i played console i used to bring my TV and playstation over to a friends house where he'd host 4-6 guys playing, pulling pranks on eachother and eatan all night.

I'm not disputing your point about SFX, but I don't see how it's a response to the other user's comment, either, without knowing what he meant. As I said, what he meant by a "normal" PSU is ambiguous.

>Why does anyone need a case significantly wider than the 5.25" bay drive or 5.9" ATX PSU width?
Full size tower coolers, oversized video cards (which are increasingly common), and cable management behind the motherboard are a few reasons I can think of.

He said he'd rather have "room for anormal PSU". It's obvious that "normal PSU" meant ATX. That's what everyone means there.
I said regular PSUs are more than anyone needs, so room for an SFX is enough.
It's very simple.

terrible picture, buy a lightbulb and move 20 feet away from your computer

>It's obvious that "normal PSU" meant ATX
Maybe. Guess we won't know for sure unless he comes back and tells us though, huh.

try harder nigga

>40c idle

that's a qcode readout not temp tard. Again, try harder.

>qcode
So you took a picture of a failed boot?