Not trolling. Is Terry a Genius?

Say he wasn't crazy and was in university. Would this guy be of research calibre? Would he be able to publish papers in the OS field? Would he be a top student? Is he objectively better than most computer science peeps?

Other urls found in this thread:

templeos.org/
dspace.mit.edu/bitstream/handle/1721.1/6255/AIM-380.pdf?sequence=4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If he wasn't schizophrenic, he'd still probably have the autism that he must surely have to have been able to make his own operating system from scratch. So when you ask if he wasn't crazy, if he was completely normal, he probably wouldn't be able to achieve anything without his autism, so no. But with his autism, he's definitely a genius. Not household-name-tier genius, but Richard Stallman-tier, easily.

Some people are too smart for their own good. Terry is one of those. After having been a deeply atheistic person, he turned to Christ!

>Richard Stallman-tier, easily.
Richard Stallman isn't a genius.

>can't be genius because autist

Einstein didn't start speaking until when and how old was he when he finally learned to tie his shoes?

he's a tax leech and should get exterminated for being a demented freak

No, he made a substandard OS. Only reason why he's become such a meme is because he continuously spots the same inappropriate racist shit that Sup Forums embodies.

I'm the most intelligent human on this planet.

Trust me when I say that Terry is a genius. His OS wasn't made purely with hard work and autism. When I watch his shitty videos I can sense that the mental connections he makes and the ideas he has (when he isn't stuck in an autistic / schizophrenic loop of illogical thoughts) show that he is a fucking genius. I saw a part in a livestream where he was wearing 2 caps and when he tried to put his hoodie on he said "it won't work, topology". The nigga thought about topology when a normal person would've just thought "too many caps, can't wear my hoodie, not possible". This sort of imagination and creativity is what makes people geniuses.

Stallman is an idiot the caliber of liberal arts majors.

>stallman-tier
Fat autistic communist jew?

>the same inappropriate racist shit Sup Forums embodies
FTFY

Do you also believe Newton thought of gravity when an apple hit him in the head?

His work is far too simple and flawed, and he knows it.

He went to ASU, he's not a genius.

Temple OS is a coverup to get the CIA niggers attention and keep them occupied with that 'thinking' they have him cased out. In reality terry probably has secret OS projects that are far better then anything we know today.

you can't be serious, lol

Going to university is a sign of stupidity. You can find all information online, and if you need someone to help you to digest it, I'm afraid you are not very smart.

quoted the wrong, dude, damn
you are quite right, sir, I get where you coming from and agree with you wholeheartedly

Is he wearing mascara in that pic?

No, other people have done what he's done without veing autistic. Writing a compiler for a small language and a kernel is nothing out of the ordinary.
Sup Forums toddlers like him because he's the ebic cia nigger man xd

But most businesses require some sort of degree before they hire you. They just want to know you have the work ethic to actually do something for 4+ years.

Anyways, my post was a jab at ASU. It's not known for the quality of it's graduates or anything (except I guess the business school?), it's known as a party school that will accept almost anybody and has one of the highest STD rates of any college.

A lot of people that have had head injuries and suffer from mania/schizophrenia/dementia have eyes that pop like that.

There's nobody who knew first hand presently alive to refute it.

>Writing a compiler for a small language and a kernel is nothing out of the ordinary.

Agreed. I've developed C compilers professionally. I got paid well to do it, but very few people know my name. I'm a pretty good software engineer, but then, there's a lot of people out there who are pretty good -- I know because I've worked with some of them.

Writing a ring-0-only OS with a text-only interface and no networking -- that sounds like something that would be assigned to a small group of grad students to do as an academic project.

he's smarter than anyone else ive interacted with

bull shit you did

fucking larping faggots are ruining my g

I just hope Sup Forums doesn't troll him to suicide ot to become a serial killer...

He has Ted Kaczynski levels of crazyness.

I'm assuming your pic was intended to show what we should think about your post.

If so, then -- mission accomplished.

xactly
Sup Forums is crap at anything other than buying phones

He has his own money from a big ticketmaster job he did.

He doesn't get schizobux, tard.

>bull shit you did

Microtec Research MCC960 C compiler (C89), targeting the Intel 80960 processor. Principal developer on both the front-end and the code-generator. Front-end was used on numerous other C compilers in the MCC product line.

Wow, it's been years since I thought about that project. I was so young back then....

buull shit

>Say he wasn't crazy
founding God is not crazy

>to this day retarded NEETs don't seem to realize that what Terry does on a daily basis is present on most CS courses
that is, if you didn't study in a shitty college.

Terry's brother is like totally different

Strange how god works

>is he objectively better than most CS peeps
Yes, certainly, even now. But that's not a particularly high standard.

>Stallman
>liberal arts

Read some of his technical research papers. His paper on truth maintenance in AI with circuit analysis as an example was amazing. The tricks that I thought were just intuition from experience analyzing and designing electronics for 15 years ended up being something that could be rigorously defined. It was mind blowing.

>god works in strange ways
God doesn't work. He's been leeching off events that happened two millenia ago.
GET A JOB GOD.

that's because terry IS academic and you aren't. get lost brainlet

>You don't need a driving test to drive, just watch the car driving!

Terry released his transcripts. He got mostly As in upper level CS courses.

He could have gotten a PhD if he wanted and have went on to do PhD level research in OS if he weren't so crazy.

He possess the intellect to do whatever he wants.. He is smarter than 99.9% of the people here / the world.

Terry is very, very gifted intellectually. He has a mental illness and that isn't his fault.

user C compilers really aren't hard.

What the fuck is this picture

>God can't exist because all he does is watch his ant farm

He's on disability you mong

She what happens to atheists? God's punishes them with mental illnesses.

Didn't say that. You can't disprove God by the standards religions usually put up.
It's not worth worshipping out of anything but fear if it does exist though.

>He has a mental illness and that isn't his fault.
It is, I firmly believe that God punished him.

modern schizophrenics are what would used to be considered prophets

>it's not worth having a society that teaches morals instead of just making laws and saying not to break them

God knew he was going to run over the CIA nigger. He played 4D chess.

>teaching morals
Can be done and is being done without God practically all the time.
But it's humans that teach these people. Not God. So I'd refer you to every other religion on earth and see how well they fit your view.
>discussing religion on Sup Forums
It's been so many years holy shit.

You mean Sussman's paper?

>templeos.org/
>ctrl+f 'nigger'
>24 matches

Yesterday I saw an unicorn, therefore, unicorns are real. You have to believe me because there's nobody who knew first hand presently alive to refute it.

>But it's humans that teach these people.
With the guidance of the Holy Spirit of course.
>So I'd refer you to every other religion on earth and see how well they fit your view.
Like what Mayan culture?
>Blood was viewed as a potent source of nourishment for the Maya deities, and the sacrifice of a living creature was a powerful blood offering. By extension, the sacrifice of a human life was the ultimate offering of blood to the gods, and the most important Maya rituals culminated in human sacrifice. Generally only high status prisoners of war were sacrificed, with lower status captives being used for labour.

>Important rituals such as the dedication of major building projects or the enthronement of a new ruler required a human offering. The sacrifice of an enemy king was the most prized offering, and such a sacrifice involved decapitation of the captive ruler in a ritual reenactment of the decapitation of the Maya maize god by the Maya death gods.[349] In AD 738, the vassal king K'ak' Tiliw Chan Yopaat of Quiriguá captured his overlord, Uaxaclajuun Ub'aah K'awiil of Copán and a few days later he ritually decapitated him;[350] The decapitation of an enemy king may have been performed as part of a ritual ballgame reenacting the victory of the Maya Hero Twins over the gods of the underworld.[349] Sacrifice by decapitation is depicted in Classic period Maya art, and sometimes took place after the victim was tortured, being variously beaten, scalped, burnt or disembowelled.[351] The Hero Twins myth recounted in the Popol Vuh relates how one of each pair of twins was decapitated by their ballgame opponents.
They wouldn't be like this if they had known of Jesus and his teachings.

but user, you dont need a driving test to drive

if you cant figure out how to drive for yourself, you're an idiot.

He was, he's dead now :(

Yeah that's the one.
dspace.mit.edu/bitstream/handle/1721.1/6255/AIM-380.pdf?sequence=4

this is hilarious

That's a lot of CIA niggers

>believing in a religion because of the alleged secondary consequences of not believing in it
>admitting you don't believe because you're convinced because of the evidence
Why pick Christianity when tons of other religions exist that enable even better societies? Ie: Japan is great so why not convert to Shinto?

>japan is great
weebs are so delusional

I'm not a weeb. Japan has one of the lowest crime rates in the world and some of the highest standards of living. The USA (Christian) has a very high crime rate for the developed world and massive inequality (lots of poor people). Africa (mostly Christian) has a lot of problems related to a lack of morality. Japan is objectively better than them.

man I like seeing those young girls

>Japan has one of the lowest crime rates in the world and some of the highest standards of living
That's because Japan is completely homogeneous you inbred. But, their culture is a fucking mess. See: suicide rate, birth rate, depression rate.
And they wouldn't have a "high standard of living" without the US industrializing them.

The USA also has a lot of Niggers, CIA, and CIA niggers. Of course the crime rate is higher.

But plenty of Christian countries also have similar stats in that regard to Japan. The US occupation only lasted for a few years and no country ever developed with trade with other countries and foreign investment. And Japan was very developed before WW2 as well.

>posting agathas family

But niggers are the most religious demographic in the USA, isn't that just proof Christianity is based according to the logic you're defending?

>ww2
what the fuck. please read a history book.
try 100 years earlier.

fucking weebs man..

>dude religion lmao
culture isn't entirely religion you stupid fuck. our basic morality is based on Christianity, but almost nothing else about contemporary western culture is derived from Christianity.

fucking atheists man..

Thats not even a C compiler, it's his own shitty language . Making a language and it's compiler is an year 4 assignment. Why are americans do far behind with their education?

>please read a history book.
Appeal to authority. Why can't you elaborate on what you're trying to say? Is it because you don't know the subject matter well enough and just resort to flinging petty insults like "weeb"? Boy, your Christian morality sure made you a nice person...

>culture isn't entirely religion you stupid fuck.
Why so angry? Aren't you supposed to love your enemies? Why don't you love me?

>but almost nothing else about contemporary western culture is derived from Christianity.
And Christianity built on top of what came before. Stealing from both middle eastern religions that came before, and from paganism of the peoples that it converted.

>fucking atheists man..
You L I T E R A L L Y admitted you believe in something without evidence, because you like the alleged societal impact. And I'm the weird one?

Fuck we even make ASTs and interpreters for our own languages in bachelors.

Good read user. Much appreciated

>appeal to authority
that doesnt work with objective realities such as written history and im not even religious you absolute fucktard.

>dude why so mad xdd
because arguing with retarded weebs is nauseating

everything from the hardware to the software, every single shred of what you're using to type that comment was designed and written, respectively, in the US.

>dude americans
yawn

>Is Terry a Genius?
No.
>Would this guy be of research calibre?
Yes. He is the sort of guy that, if he were in better mental health, could be a team lead at Google/Microsoft/whatever and talk to the likes of Rob Pike as a peer.

>im not even religious
Hilarious damage control.

>>dude why so mad xdd
That's not what I was getting at but whatever.

>because arguing with retarded weebs is nauseating
So why do you even do it? Do you get some sick pleasure out of degrading yourself like this?

you haven't even made a single factual argument.

face it. you're a weeb. it's okay.
low crime is a product of homogeneity. Accept it and move on.

>hyper focusing on this one point I made instead of focusing on the big picture
Jesus is a fag :DDDDDD

Why are you wasting your time here, user?

Do you think Terry hates pay toilets as much as RMS?

For you.

>Say he wasn't crazy and was in university. Would this guy be of research calibre?
Yes

Did Terry every acknowledge his schizophrenia? Has he ever talked about his life before he became a schizo?

Which one of you did this

Wow, I know this guy. I was reading up on some cryptocurrency stuff and I saw a comment about him ranting and raving about Jews backdooring NIST random numbers or something. It was hilarious.

>Substandard OS
You just don't understand what he's trying to do you retarded faggot.
It's SUPPOSED to be "substandard" because it's a throw back to a simpler era and it's supposed to be an educational tool for young people to learn and appreciate coding.
His manifesto states that TOS is for recreational programming and that programming is supposed to be enjoyable and fun which is why he created HolyC which is a very very streamlined C derivative.

>sub standard.

I'd say, in terms of functionality the simplest function is always the best function. You just need to learn how to use the system because it's a little different from pretty much everything else.
For what TempleOS is for, it's the best.

In Terry's words.
"TempleOS is superior to Unix for the Individual because of it's lack of pedantic permissions and the fact that everything is Ring 0, but for a PERSONAL computer, the User should command the OS not the other way around"
I paraphrased because I can't find the exact quote.

Tl;dr
Temple OS is actually a lot of fun to play with and in my opinion, for what it's designed to do, I think it's the best OS.

>is guy be of research calibre?
yes

asu hasn't been a party school for like 6 years now
you're retarded

What if I told you that he's not the only person here to have written a compiler? Or an assembler?

nigger_from_the_matrix.tiff

low quality, faggot

amaze us o great one

You do understand it does not matter at all if he was hit by an apple or not and that the falling apple is juat used as an somewhat interesting example of the concept?

>stallman-tier
You mean the jew who wrote a legal document on how to make no money from your software?

I could have done that too. He's not extra smart. He was just the first person to complete the licence work for open source software. An inevitability. Right place, right time.

>I coul have done that too
Prove it faggot

low quality faggot

>legal document

what you're calling a legal document is actually a combination of lega and document or as I like to call Legal + document

Go be an uninteresting faggot somewhere else, this site obviously isn't for you. Maybe reggit suits you better.

show off your jit c environment for us please

or whatever you have