Raspberry Pi sold over 12.5 million boards in five years

The official Raspberry Pi magazine just announced that over 12.5 million of the affordable little Linux boards have been sold since the original Pi was launched in 2012. As The MagPi points out, this puts the Raspberry Pi past Commodore 64 sales, according to some estimates. That would make the Pi the third best-selling "general purpose computer" ever, behind Apple Macintosh and Microsoft Windows PCs. As commenters have pointed out, this isn't a precisely fair comparison, because there were other Commodore models than just the 64, but it's still a nice milestone all the same.

>SJW company
d r o p p e d
r
o
p
p
e
d

About 5 of those are put to good use, the rest are collecting dust somewhere.

you don't sell 12.5 million boards in 5 years without them being 'of use'

you are referring to your retarded self

I never bought one.

you are relaying a Sup Forums meme that they're bought and then 'gathering dust somewhere'

no

does it count if its gathering dust as a kodi box?

orange pi master race

i use these for running some wall displays at work

back to poll

And 12.49 million of those are just gathering dust on shelves.

What are some good examples of well-used Raspberry Pis?

What's a good non-SJW single board computer like Pi with maybe a dedicated graphics chip?

x86/64 when

kys

With the Raspberry Pi, probably never.

In general I won't be surprised to see a similar product with a similar price point built with AMD hardware in the not too distant future.
If the campaign to get AMD to open up their hardware more fully is successful it could even catch on and be very popular.

Buy them from the chinks. Cheaper too. Or forego the Raspberry completely for chinkboards like BananaPi or OrangePi which are Raspberry-compatible and cheaper.

Raspberry has become the Apple of SBC's
There are cheaper and/or better boards out there

02:17:43 up 6 days, 15:50, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.05
02:17:50 up 3 days, 23:36, 2 users, load average: 0.11, 0.12, 0.08

#1 main server , heavily used, needed
#2 torrents, workstation

just now (Sup Forums)

could be applied to most of Sup Forums subscribers

>My computer's sole task is browsing Sup Forums