Fell for the dual monitor meme

>fell for the dual monitor meme

>not using multiple monitors

But you can only concentrate on one monitor at a time.

>t. brainlet

Not enough brain power, kiddo?

Multiple monitors is one of the memes I'm happiest that I fell for. Being able to have many things open and on screen at once is really convenient.

>tfw fell for the workspaces meme

Apparently OP is right, dual monitors is a meme if you are as fucking stupid as this guy.

>he fell for the computer meme

It's only useful for development, I would have a full IDE/debugger open on one, and a full target on the other. Comfy as fuck.

The only thing you have to make sure you do is swing your chair to the monitor you're using and use two keyboards and mice. If you don't, your neck will hurt.

It literally takes 200ms to switch between windows which makes using more than one monitor a waste of time. It's just a status symbol like spinners on car wheels.

>Status symbol
>Only you see it

How's life under 20y/o

Dual monitors suck. They annoy the peripheral vision, and in most cases aren't better than well managed virtual workspaces/desktops on a single monitor. Having to turn the neck is inconvenient as well.

How anyone can be this retarded and still manage the type is a mystery similar to how anyone thinks dual+ monitors aren't amazing.

>references on one side
>code on the other

Of course I'm also replying to an obvious child with no need for monitors outside gaming.

Are you new? Didn't you notice the constant desktop threads where people show off their dual screenz?

Bought two cheapo used 4:3 monitors but got angry when my code didn't work and ended up throwing a water bottle at the secondary one.

Shame since they were the same model and I probably won't find another one at fucking £25

Point of the /blog/ is that webdevs are autidtic manchildren

>hurr i only do productive business with my computer

multi screen is the ONLY way to use a computer. Once you find a need for it, you'll never go back.

>trade stocks on one screen talk to other people in a mixed text/VOIP setting on the other
>experience total immersion in simulators and games
>watch a full-screen video and edit a document at the same time
>edit in Photoshop with a reference in the screen beside you
>use the entire width for audio and video editing

you won't get neck strain if you place the monitors properly. If you have to turn your head more than 20 degrees you either need smaller monitors or a flatter layout. You should be able to see the other screens with just a glance.

One screen has a server monitoring script that auto refreshes, one screen for shell and one screen for shitposting.

>2017
>not being comfy 2x 1440p 27" master race

Three 1080x1920 screens, middle and right hand are horizontal, left most is vertical.

This is absolutely ideal for any usage scenario I could personally require.

Fucking plebs

>lenovo

>Social status
>On an anonymous anime forum

As a programmer and cg artist its good to have two monitors. Its very practical and I fail to see how you think its a bad idea in the slightest unless you gayme on them and are >20yrs old.

>tfw i broke my 2nd 27" 1440p korean screen and now only have one

>he fell for the technology meme

Studying in Civil Engineering department and I had to disagree with you on this.

When drawing CAD in one monitor another monitor is need for reference like picture reference and BMI attributing.

But muh vertical scrolling shooting games

>coding on right screen
>"hm, i wonder what arguments this function x takes, i'll check the reference real quick"
>glance over to other screen
>"oh right"
>continue typing

I don't see your fucking point.

>his IDE doesn't display the arguments as he's typing

What's it like being a beta cuck?

The only reason i got up early today is because im waiting for my 2x27"monitors to arrive in the mail.

nigga learn coding fgt

So i should tape up all the windows in my car except one since i cant look out more than one at the same time?

This. Extra monitors so you don't have to click back and forth through shit. Great for your IRC's and other chats, and also handy for transcodeing off of images.

u mad beta cuck

>his workspace takes up an entire screen
What bloated shit IDE are you using? Vim doesn't have this problem.

>using multiple monitors
This man is a true genius and the most valuable Google engineer. He's like a God at Google and not even the CEO would go against him. He literally made Google what it is today and wrote/worked-on all of their most important software stacks. He's worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Now, notice something interesting:

He doesn't have two, three or four monitors and he doesn't have some gigantic TV screen that kills your focus and distracts him from everything important.

He's not distracted by having a phone out on his desk, because he doesn't use such technology as a lifeline like consumerist millennial do who'd literally die without their phone.

He doesn't have some bullshit meme mech keyboard with some special switches that were forged by elves in Japan from katana-grade steel and lights that emit perfect sRGB colors.

He doesn't have some tricked out text editor with million different features and colors.

He doesn't run some super-autistic Linux distro like Arch that demands you babysit it all the time.

He doesn't have some DE with customized CSS US that you usually see in tons of threads on here.

He didn't even change the default theme, colors or the default background.

He can afford all that shit, yet he doesn't waste his time on it. Instead, he writes 100x more lines of code than you and is 1,000,000x more accomplished than you'll ever be. And he's infinitely smarter than you'll ever be.

So quit falling for fucking memes and quit craving all the latest bullshit that gets posted on here in these cancerous consumerist "generals" threads. Mark my words, and this is coming from a professional: there's nothing more pathetic than consumers who think having multi-monitor setups makes them productive.

>his code looks like a twitter feed

There's a large difference between work and home environments. Dipshit.

Literally who?
>works in openspace
trash

havent-been-on-Sup Forums-in-a-while-so-out-of-the-loop-fag here
what does
>t.
mean

>they filtered telling people to go back there instead of preventing return key abuse

5k 27" screen on my imac. Swipe left with 4 fingers - infinite desktops.

Only one screen required.

I only have two eyes and I'm not an iguana.

>This man is a true genius and the most valuable Google engineer.
what happened to you moot ~__~

>He doesn't have some tricked out text editor with million different features and colors.
That looks suspiciously like Emacs.

>using wmp for music
>having it fullscreen

Just when I thought this board couldn't get any dumber

Basically it comes down to can you switch desktops with a keyboard shortcut faster or can you move your eyes/mouse across two screens faster. Also if you're not careful it's really easy to fuck up your neck with double monitor setup.

>Haven't been on Sup Forums for a while
nigger that meme isn't just a Sup Forums thing and more than likely you are just a newfag

But you can only concentrate on one pixel at a time.

Dual monitors is great for productivity, and by that i mean i can watch TV while i play MMO's.

>not using a decent IDE

>TFW I have 3 monitors

Nice projecting
Newfag detected

It's a work computer and I full screened it to cover ipmonitor. Company secrets yo

>fall for the dual monitor meme
>forget i can turn one of the two monitors into portrait mode whereby a whole new world opens up for my viewing pleasure
>go to Sup Forums in ignorance to whine about falling for the multi-monitor meme

I'm cross eyed though

Dual monitors work really good. I don't see how you want us to think you've been duped by them. What's the problem user?

this, seeing almost the entire catalog on a monitor is comfy

The DS must have been a nightmare for you.

OP BTFO

Yeah, I wouldn't bother unless you're mounting them on an arm or something.

>tfw fell for the 7 monitors meme

>falling for multiple 1080p monitors on the year 2017 meme

It's called personal preference, kiddo

Now back to commie

That's just epic.

you can only concentrate on one small section of a monitor at a time. this is why large monitors are a meme. the bigger a monitor is than what your foveal vision can see from a normal viewing distance, the more of a ridiculous waste of money it is.

I love lenovo monitors

perfectly punchable