Find a flaw

Find a flaw

Can't.

Production stopped.

Two thin wires horizontal across the entire screen holding the mesh
/thread

Philips tubes made more sense.

Also completely unironically Mitsubishi's trinitron derivative was better

Yep this. Once you see them they cannot be unseen.

I sold my last 19" one for $20 in like 2008.

15 years of phosphor burn out

This

DELET THIS

Light grey text on a white background is pretty hard to read

what's the point of a CRT in 2017?

Old school 4:3 arcade games.

it might be my autism but i also like to watch old cartoons with my CRT, it feels better than watching it on lcd

DVDs through RGB signal on a CRT is still kind of impressive, most people were just idiots who hooked up their stuff through composite

I've been seeing commericial cabinets with old games on LCDs. The latency is way more, and they often fuck up the aspect ratio too. Giant LED Pac Man is pretty neat tho.

Nostalgia

Or if you need good color reproduction on hobo tier budget

Thanks for reminding me that nightmare. Fuck that.

What? Pictures please

Beautiful

i unironically use raspberry pi to watch cartoons though, not DVD

Average cookie cutter

Purchases SONY XBR set $450
Pioneer DVD Player $150

>Checks out the manual
>For the best possible experience plug it in with a RGB o YPbPr cables

Nah fuck that shit I ain't wasting no $3 on some damn cable composite is just fine.

The only component cables at the store were $80 Monster Cable.

Pretty sure Radio Shack carried whatever generic brands

Speaking of Radio Shack

what went wrong?

composite, audio and component cables are all literally the same cable, only difference is the color of plugs

They were out priced by big box stores and the on-line market. I worked there up until this year's closings. It sucked to see people come in and buy cheap Taiwanese merchandise for 5x the price you could buy it for on-line.

They also lost touch with their client base. 90% of the stores (as of 2017) contained faulty cellphone products and blue-tooth speakers. They sold cables, but the quality had people often returning within 10-15 days.

The other thing that went wrong, N-credible head phones. Nick Cannon's "Beats by Dre" imitation headphones didn't become as big as a hit as """corporate""" imagined. They didn't know that Nick Cannon was more of a laughing stock to the younger generation, than a serious idol. They used to stress out about selling them, even threating to fire people for not selling a quota. Durring Christmas, they would force their employees to demo them to each customer. Out of all of the ones sold, an estimated 80% were returned due to poor build quality.

During the demise they plead for investors, but the clients weren't there to show a major profit. The hobby electronics were there, but when you're selling a breadboard at $20 in store and you can buy the same one for $5 online, or from other electronic stores, people realized that they don't know how to market and sell for a decent price.
(continues)

They had trouble retaining quality personnel and embraced the business model of carrying shit you can buy everywhere else for a lot less money.

There was effectively no reason to patronize one.

0 latency, color accuracy, high refresh rates and the only plausible way to do retro gaming and everything at nice prices because people are throwing that stuff out of their windows

> retro gaming

I absolutely dread this word makes me think of some stupid ass collector shit head who has some garbage youtube "review" channel fucking freaks.

LMAOOO DUDE SUPER MARIO 3

(contin.)

Another thing that killed them was their dependence on replacement plans. This was to ensure that their customers will be able to get a replacement on a product that the company knew would fail. Then they could sell another plan, generating them money off "dupees". People with good hearts and trust would often buy these cables (mainly usb-micro) and buy a replacement plan for $5 to $20 bucks, just to have to come back in 3 months to replace it. I used to think it was "user error" until I started to examine them in detail. The average connection pin was thinned by 0.2mm, and if you know usb, you'd know that the average female pin was bigger than that. This made the connection easy to bend, break, or tear. When you're selling things that are designed to be flimsy, you can always guarantee that the product will need a warranty.

The sales staff they hired (and I hate to say this, as I'm Hispanic myself) were often Mexican dirt. I'd often come to work to see employees sitting around the Sprint kiosk instead of standing behind the counter. Customers would get confused about their location, they asked often "where's the Radio shack employees?" as the workers would often hide in the storage area and drink liquor, or sit at a Sprint kiosk and ignore them. It was all radio shacks that hired this type of staff. They would only work infront of authority, but on their own they would fall into their stereotype. Lazy and unwilling to do anything but complain. I often watched the staff ignore most customers, to the point where people left with the products without paying since no one was there to care enough about ringing them out. On top of that, these Hispanics would play music that sounded like aids to the ears. Mariachi, gangster-rap, and shitty country music killed our family market. Why would you bring your child to a bunch of Mexicans that were more concerned about their personal lives than selling something to keep the company afloat?

you know what i mean fuck off
do i need to say "to play NES/SNES/N64/PSOne/Sega Saturn/TurboGrafx/Neo-Geo and whatever the fuck else"?

>flaw
Flaw? Before Trinitron, NTSC used to mean Never The Same Color. NTSC was a dogshit standards but the japs made magic out of it anyway.

They never found another niche. Electronics stopped being serviceable. They didn't have the floor space to compete with big box retailers. E-tailers ate their lunch with cables and cellphone junk.

They could have reinvented themselves as the hi-fi electronics chain since that is really a market served by specialty stores. There are a lot of people with a lot of money who aren't satisfied with $5 monoprice buds, mediocre audio output from their cellphones, and dim flatscreen TVs. Doing this would require a well informed, trained staff and that is anathema to modern retail since having such people costs money.

It was not directed personally just stated the type of crowds I associate it with.

I mostly just play old stuff these days because when I come home I have limited time for this activity , and if I want to play a video game I want to you know play the damn game and not waste 30 minutes on some badly directed melodramatic fucking nonsense of a shitty ass cut-scene.

The final nail in the coffin, the owner. A short tempered investor that came in and tried to change something every time he visited. He would make the employees stupidly rearrange things to pointlessly confuse returning customers, causing a sense of inconsistency with our store design. One time he even asked us to reverse every product on a shelf and leave the front one forward, because he thought it saved space. The poor idiot didn't know how volume worked. He would try to rearrange things to make the store look more open, which never worked because volume is volume. It ended being busywork to keep the employees "looking" busy. As if they had something to do. Then he would blame the staff for the store not working (which had some truth) but often when people came in, they would have to ask where something was located because the store had changed within a week.

The humor nail in the coffin was the """sales""". Where they would price something higher on purpose, then add an "on sale" tag to it at normal price. They did this every few weeks to the point where returning customers realized this and took their business elsewhere. But ya know, its hard to run a retail job when you're out of touch with sales, customer, and employees. When I started working there, I knew it was doomed. But I like radio shack for what it used to be.

/rant.

Bulky, produces more heat and that glare.

-

WHAT? idonundrstnd