He unironically thinks a hobby OS made by people who work for free on their spare time is better than an OS made by a...

>he unironically thinks a hobby OS made by people who work for free on their spare time is better than an OS made by a company with billions of dollars and decades of experience

How does it feel to lack critical thinking Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/computing/175919-who-actually-develops-linux-the-answer-might-surprise-you
linuxfoundation.org/members/corporate
github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/arch/x86/kernel/cpu/microcode/intel.c
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMD-Two-More-Open-Linux-Devs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is your problem with OpenBSD?

>OS made by people who work for free on their spare time
that means they actually care about the project and are passionate about it, they are doing it out of their free will without any pressure

>OS made by a company with billions of dollars and decades of experience
those people are doing it for the money, they don't care about the product, they'll just throw some spaghetti code together to make it work to meet some deadline

extremetech.com/computing/175919-who-actually-develops-linux-the-answer-might-surprise-you

That's not true. Windows 10 is the apex of operating system development, thanks to their powerful, well paid and skilled developers.

So fucking true. I will always buy Microsoft Windows™ because the future starts now™. Microsoft also pioneers innovative new technologies like DirectX™, Office™, and the highest quality operating system to ever grace computers.
When I boot up with a brand new computer running Microsoft Windows™ with the latest Z chipset powered by Intel™ and latest Nvidia™ graphics, I can enjoy the games the way they where meant to be played™. Microsoft™ also pioneers in the gaming field with its latest Xbox™ console to allow gamers to play on their big screens with family and friends.
Microsoft Windows™ is also very secure. It's the most secure operating system on the planet. It's harden against NSA probes, tested by highly trained and experienced programming engineers to have ever graced this planet. With such innovative security technologies like UAC, Defender, Security Essentials, BitLocker, and Windows™ Firewall you can ensure all your sensitive data is secured and you're safe on the internet. Microsoft™ most advanced, and dare say, the most advance web browser on the market, Edge™, has decoupled addon support, like flash, to ensure maximum user safety when browsing the web. You can ensure Microsoft™ keeps you safe from the NSA.
At this point in time there's really no reasons to consider Linux. I tried once. It caused my Nvidia™ graphics to overheat so much due to its poor quality, novice programmed, open source drivers that it exploded and nearly burnt down my house.

It's quite clear that and are Linux shills trying to convince you to settle on something less than the optimal experience with Windows™. Windows™ is the only real way to play games or do anything productive. We've seen that they offer incredible libraries for software developers like Visual Studio and Microsoft C++ Compiler. He is probably too poor to afford the Microsoft Windows™ experience and can not afford to play any games.
Don't be a poor gamer with bad security and no drivers. The Future Starts Now™ with Microsoft Windows™

>he unironically thinks a home-cooked meal is better than fast food
>How does it feel to lack critical thinking Sup Forums?
God damn OP, you are such a cuck...

I loled a lot. Linux chill (same guy) in disguise.

It's fun.

>he unironically compares food to operating systems

If you don't do a good job you get fired retard. You've obviously never had a job before.

>
>That's not true. Windows 10 is the apex of operating system development, thanks to their powerful, well paid and skilled developers.

I imagine they are the same people who made """wonderful""" pieces of software like skype the native , windows image writer , ms office 2016, windows update , the new start menu bugs, and that Windows universal app thing.

retarded people like you are why i want to destroy the fucking earth

>He unironically thinks that a bunch of amateurs making vegan, organic food is better than the food of a chef with decades of experience

Lmao

>made by people who work for free on their spare time

you have no idea what you're talking about, OP. Why would one (1) company be better at making an OS than all these companies paying people to work on Linux? By your stupid, capitalist logic, more companies equal better quality.

In short, stfu

source:
linuxfoundation.org/members/corporate

and what exactly are these companies working on?

definitely not the UI or UX of Linux, since every Loonix distro is complete dogshit.

They don't pay them to work on Linux kernel or any of the distros you retard.

What happens is these companies use open source code in their products and share any improvements they make to the code.

>they don't pay them to work on linux kernel but they pay them to work on linux kernel
why are Sup Forumsedditors completely inept to formulate an argument that makes sense?

1 - I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Loonix, is in fact, Goonix, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Goo plus nix.
2 - Not every goonix distro looks bad

You seem slow so I'll try to explain it a bit more.

Imagine I want to make a robot that collects rocks. Now let's imagine for a second that you're actually not retarded and as a result had some open source code that would help me with my task. I then use your code and if I make any improvements to the code I can share them if I choose to.

That's how those companies operate with the Linux foundation. Often times the "improvements" are useless for anyone besides the company who wrote it because it's very specific to their application.

Those companies are not paying employees to write code just to give away for free.

>Those companies are not paying employees to write code just to give away for free.

Dunning-kruger is strong with you.

It's rich that you're the one calling me a retard kek.

>Often times the "improvements" are useless for anyone besides the company who wrote it because it's very specific to their application.
Yeah buddy, that's literally what free software development model is all about. You make a change that seems useful to you, you share it with the rest of the world and it might be just good enough to be introduced to the upstream.

Besides I dare you to give me 3 examples of technologies "specific to company's X application" that aren't fucking device drivers.
Because obviously device drivers are both
>specific to the application
>benefit everyone.

You're just a silly faggot that pretend to be smart.
Stop, you're not.

Show me proof these companies have employees dedicated exclusively to contributing to open source software.

It's a symbiotic relationship, they don't give shit away for free.

Wtf are you talking about. Your claim was they pay people to write free software. They don't. They use free software and try to contribute. There's a big difference.

>Your claim was they pay people to write free software. They don't. They use free software and try to contribute.
Why do you pretend they're not the same thing?

They don't do that in their fucking free time. They come to work, they're presented a problem they have to solve, they solve the problem and follow the rest of the ritual.
And on top of that they're paid to do that.
Which means all those companies pay people to write free software, just as all these companies pay people to write non-free software

>They don't do that in their fucking free time
nope

They contribute.
github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/arch/x86/kernel/cpu/microcode/intel.c

Monetary worth has no association with merit.

>poorfag detected

Not an argument.

>microcode is his best example

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You're not very smart, are you?

> hobby OS made by people who work for free on their spare time
What's that, TempleOS?

Oh wow that's pretty cool. Why does Intel contribute their microcode?

It's because they love free software and definitely not because they want to sell CPUs.

>companies that have contributed to windows: 1
>companies that have contributed to linux: 800+
m8, being worked on by one big company is a /weakness/, not a strength

Windows is pile of trash but at least it has a good file explorer that's integrated in all win32 applications, boot fast on ssd, is stable enough for desktop use and has all the applications and games.

>Judging a product by it's cost
>Saying literally anyone else in the world lacks critical thinking
Medium kek

>better
They don't even compete in the same segment. Apples and oranges, m8-sama.

You must be adult to post here.

why's that?

Every commercial UNIX was better than GNU/Linux. Unfortunately, Linux has been "good enough" for most applications since the year 2000. Also unfortunately this has stalled systems development and GNU/Linux is still trying to catch up to the performance and innovations that Solaris had in 2005.

Which OS are you talking about?
Company Changes Percent of total
Intel 14,384 12.9%
Red Hat 8,987 8.0%
Linaro 4,515 4.0%
Samsung 4,338 3.9%
SUSE 3,619 3.2%
IBM 2,995 2.7%
Consultants 2,938 2.6%
Renesas Electronics 2,239 2.0%

>2017
>using an OS made by only one company
it's like you like living retarded

That's not true, most people who write kernel code are professional engineers who work for big companies like intel, Google and Red Hat. Actually the most active section in kernel development is writing device drivers by manufacturers

yeah, but you forget that faggots like the boyish look.. left picture

Well let's see

>operating system made by a bunch of pajeets working in an unorganized company that is sadly too big to fail, working only to meet deadlines
versus
>operating system made by a bunch of neets all over the world, under scrutiny of other neets who get the biggest hardon from finding a vulnerability/mistake in other people's code

imagine being at computers

I am one of them you dunce.

That's exactly where you're wrong, dumb brat. A platinum member donates more than 500k a year to the Linux foundation. Members have nothing to do with code contribution but how much they pay.

So it's safe to assume the Linux foundation is getting paid millions of dollars a year.

That wasn't hard
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMD-Two-More-Open-Linux-Devs

Then tell me OP why it takes 15 minutes to completely customize a Linux distro's UI via any package with settings all in one place and every pixel and element being customizable;
while the same in Windows requires hours with 3rd party tweaking, settings and menus strewn everywhere chaotically, and you still end up with half the UI broken and half the UI unfixable.

You can't even change the fucking color of the font on your desktop icons if you have them past Windows Vista era.

Actually, we're talking software. Not computer systems. And the analogy of software and recipes is very common. Retards are fucking this board up!