Audiophile snake oil bread go

Audiophile snake oil bread go

Other urls found in this thread:

stereophile.com/content/sony-playstation-1-cd-player-measurements
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think I'd quite like a wooden PSone.

i have some wood, and a PSone if u wanna hang:^)

thicc

What the hell am i seeing here?

Looks like the penultimate scene from a Marvel movie.

not snake oil, this is the optimal orientation for a HDD to combat rotational velocidensity

these are really grotesque. but i wonder how the fuck they were made.

Only thing non meme there are the 360 speakers. But they're way over priced. You can make them in your shed without any special tools.

These mods are actually pretty sick

fucking hell.
even If i had a shitload of money I didn't know what to do with I wouldn't go for a setup like this.

God what a waste of space.

4-6 sections of paper mache glued sanded then painted. 6K retail.

Some of these look pretty nice

????
Are they just taking parts from the semiconductor industry and selling them as audio gear?

it looks like either plastic or ceramic, i guess that's just the paint. but still, i wonder how they even paper mached them, and how they got them so identical.

i bet they do sound good, for what it's worth. i would hope they did acoustic calculations for the drivers backfire through a horn of a certain volume and length and rate of widening so that it doesn't phase itself. it doesn't look like those drivers will have any backpressure. or at least not much. although they do have enormous x-max, i see.

Chunks of foam shaped to what each section needs to be. Then paper mache around it.
Paper mache is super easy. There's schools that specialize in it. The go by the name "Kindergarten"

the fuck is your problem?

That people try to give any credibility to what is obviously a poorly designed product. Anyone that has a year 9 level of education knows no amount of software would be able to make that horn work like wished it did.

I'm sure at least 75% of audiophile trade is money laundering

wtf am i looking at here?

where is this from?

I work for a audiophile company.

Yes, everything is very shady as fuck. We regularly sell amplifiers for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Most are returned after a couple of months due to defects and other shit.

I dont think its the orientation friend

Be careful. Keep fucking around and you'll get caught with all of your old music playing at a bitrate less than 50! This is no laughing matter.

shai hulud cables desu

i bet the cables cost more than the ps did (before audioturds discovered it and inflated the price)

>there's a similar room in the company that I work for
>used for testing audiophile equipment that we manufacture
>mfw I don't notice any fucking different even when the entire set up is worth millions
>mfw my shit Logitech speakers are just as good while playing MP3s.

All I know is that they turn the sound to the max and let it be loud as fuck. It's funny to see customers nod as if they understand all the buzzwords that our sales guy yells while some shit vinyl is playing on Magico speakers worth almost one million.

Jesus, these people are really fucking gullible.

the Monster Audio PCB connector board with capacitors which filter out """"""""""noise""""""""""""" from the SATA signal.

does that actually work?

I feel sorry for you.

It must be horrible to be deaf

What's the deal with audiophiles and Playstations?

So im new to this audiophile thing but why are there psones in the pictures?

Is there like a version thats supposedly really good and now its costs way more than it ever did?

If so thats true it would be great.

Everything that Schiit makes is pretty much snake oil.

It must be horrible for you to be a gullible moron since you actually believe that all that shit makes you music sound so much better.

:)

How the fuck fuck do you filter out noise from a bunch of ones and zeroes?

They found out that PS1s have audio high end parts inside.

you sound like a real hit at parties

It does sound better to an extent, also diminishing returns exist at certain point.

Is it more expensive now? would be ultimate snake oil

But some audiophiles argue that it's bullshit.

thatsthejoke.jpg

It's snake oil as the OP said.

See that image with a sack of small rocks tied to an audio connector? IIRC that started as a joke on audiophiles but the guy who made the joke started to receive more and more ORDERS of those. Audiokeks wanted to BUY those.

I really hope you've burnt in your headphones.

To an extent? Yeah sure it might sound a bit better.

Is it worth hundreds of thousands of USD? No it's fucking not.

Another nice thing about the company that I work for.

>Audiophile stuff is assembled by two idiots inside a hot room.
>They put the unfinished products with the case still open and all the electronics showing near open windows during any sort of weather.

No, seriously. They even sell shit like "USB cleaner". LMAO

Yeah, they're clearing up digital signals.

>It seems like USB decrapification is really becoming a thing these days. Of course, other people call it different things, but let's face it: Wyrd was the first device to combine both a low-noise, linear power supply and USB hub chip (or "regeneration," if you want to be fancy) with a precision crystal oscillator. What does all this tech talk do for you? Simple. It can solve some sticky USB audio problems.

>The Cure for Noise and Glitches
>Have you ever heard strange noises from your USB DAC? Or have you had it “drop out” after the computer goes to sleep? Or does your computer have trouble recognizing your DAC at all? It could be due to noisy USB power, or USB port power management. Wyrd has you covered—Wyrd is the only USB decrapifier that includes a linear power supply (not a noisy switcher) and precision 2.5uV LM723 regulators with discrete pass elements for up to 200,000x less noise than what comes out of your USB port, up to 500mA—the full USB 2.0 spec.

Whole lotta bullshit.

i know it's really optimistic to hope that whoever makes those knows what they're doing. but who knows, maybe they do, and they've designed lots and lots of speakers, and this was experimental? it's not impossible that they actually did their best with it.

but my brain is telling me that the long, widening port, will actually just make the bass register muddy by having a delayed bass impulse - the speak moves, and it projects sound out the front. but the opposite sound comes out the back, travels through the horn, and then you hear it, something like .9-1.3 milliseconds later. the shape of the horn will break up the high frequencies from the back-sound decently but the air pressure from the bass will follow after the bass from the front of the driver. so it'll smear the low register over time, it'll basically be phased out slew. this stuff is a primary concern in designing speakers.

i've always wanted to listen to a bunch of these incredibly over the top audio setups. or better yet, produce music on them and don't try to make a 'universal mix', just make it sound perfect on the 100,000 dollar 7.1 audio theater. music actually mixed for 7.1 is pretty incredible. i've heard Tippers 7.1 album on like a 200 dollar system at someones house and it was neat as fuck.

All those poor Playstations ;_;

Holy shit. I thought that there should be at least a theoretical purpose for a product for it to sell, especially at those crazy prices. This shit is worse than those "PC protector anti-virus" USB sticks that contain nothing inside of them.

She looks like a dwarf next to some medium sized speakers.

big snek

>improves color printing and data stability

My sides.jpg

If you buy it from someone who knows about what they're selling. The one I found at a garage sale cost me $5. Wouldn't pay more than that since I don't hear any improvements over my other CD-player.

i don't care i just like that a company called literally shit is selling snake oil. those heebs are getting lazy.

I'm not defending equipment which costs thousands of dollars and is designed for industrial use to be used for personal use. That's is retarded.

>Audiophile stuff is assembled by two idiots inside a hot room.
>They put the unfinished products with the case still open and all the electronics showing near open windows during any sort of weather.

That's just bad management and quality control.

did you actually read the paragraph?
they know exactly how retarded their target group is

Welcome to the audiophile company I work for.

Those types of speakers are actually superior.
Anyone who says otherwise actually has not heard them.

You can't compare them to 500€/piece high end speakers, they are a class of their own and work together with other speakers.

>theoretical purpose
>a plastic bag of pebbles
far for it fampai

you are a salesman's wet dream with that gullibility senpai. how does it feel some fucking schmuck talentless hack is making a fortune off you?

you are the guy buying the pen from DiCaprio

>SCHIIT
audible kek, what an appropriate name

>using the best for CD playback
>listening to pressed CDs recorded with shitty cables and shit

I don't own such speakers, but I have heard them and known about them before that company even made those or audiophile market like it is now was a thing.

USB cleaners are a thing tho

>IIRC that started as a joke on audiophiles but the guy who made the joke started to receive more and more ORDERS of those. Audiokeks wanted to BUY those.

It's harder for a regular person to realize that it's bullshit, because it is supposed to enhance the analog signal.
Even a retard should understand that a digital signal cannot be enhances or "cleaned up".

>audio high end parts
It was an old and low end AKM converter, AK4309 AVM.
Yes, the Sansa Clip is better, as is just about every single converter on the market right now, even the Realtek ones.

Doesn't stop nutcases from buying into old junk.

Measurements:
>stereophile.com/content/sony-playstation-1-cd-player-measurements

Akiba's Trip

Enjoying the fact that the description says they make absolutely no claim that you'll notice any difference, but that you might do if you just believe.

you can metaphorically cut the smug in these images it's so thicc

Baby boomers and their money.

I have very little sympathy.

Odd how clear it is that on an instinctive level they just don't have any feel for digital.

I legitimately want to hear them and see how they sound. Not even memeing.

A dude on Sup Forums said the sound was not that good. (the whites). I dunno for the blue one.

>that fucking painting
Why do the people with the most money always have the shittiest taste in art?

Looks like they know it too

>junk

fuck you you cock sucker

>non meme
>le reddit
>doesn't know what interference is
>le meme from le reddit

post a picture of art you like

I wouldn't expect a dumb gaijin to understand

>implying i'd keep a bunch of big ol anime titties blown up and put on the ways in my house

Fuck, there are actually people who do that. Fuck

Holy tesla coils batman

Not him but fuck off with your weebs shit

It doesn't

Are those bags of rice?

Would you prefer something Western?

Audiophools are dumb but so are you
>mfw my shit Logitech speakers are just as good while playing MP3s.
No they are not. Logikek is known to be completely garbage. You don't know what you are talking about and are probably deaf.
Being a janitor on some shitty audio company don't make your opinions worth shit.