/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Old thread here:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/New-USB3-0-1TB-Stable-External-Hard-Drives-Portable-Laptop-Mobile-Hard-Disk-/262855250643?hash=item3d3364d2d3:g:07cAAOSw~AVYpSRO
docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/jdbc/basics/prepared.html#overview_ps
ebay.com.au/itm/mini-Stereo-Audio-Switch-Box-A-B-Switch-3-5mm-2-PORT-manual-selector-way-2-1-/321697391568
stackoverflow.com/questions/41450080/get-json-value-from-bash-curl-response-with-python),
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bit the bullet in 2014 and bought a Macbook Pro because I needed access to OS X and I'm stuck with it. It comes with a pre-installed 128GB SSD which is good for fuck shit and buying a replacement SSD is expensive as fuck.

I want to have both Windows and Mac on it and use Windows for lightweight/low-spec game and the only solution I can think is an external hard drive.
Should I buy a usb 3.0 external?
Or buy an internal with sata and sata to usb 3.0 converter?

Would something cheap like this take an hour to load games?
ebay.co.uk/itm/New-USB3-0-1TB-Stable-External-Hard-Drives-Portable-Laptop-Mobile-Hard-Disk-/262855250643?hash=item3d3364d2d3:g:07cAAOSw~AVYpSRO

Thanks

I just fresh installed windows on my new rig which I bought from my friend.

My question is about whether or not i'd need Geforce Experience. I want to do two things.

1. Install the right drivers for games performance, and keep them up to date.

2. Stream my games to my Shield Tablet.

Is Geforce Experience what I need to do the above? If so how do I download the right drivers from within it?

I got gifted this laptop that came up with Windows 8 installed, videos on YouTube using Firefox could run no problem in 720p 60fps/1080p 60 fps. Installed Windows 7 and the videos on YouTube flatout freeze when using high resolution, but you can still hear the video. What gives?

I was considering buying a VPN.
Is there a good one Sup Forums recommend usually ?

Did you install the IGPU drivers?

Is it possible to spoof your IP to a specific IP address?

Is recording CPU or GPU heavy?

What the fuck is this user talking about?

I'm learning some basic HTML and I have a project. The idea is that I have a box on my site that people input text into, and I send that text as a part of a list on another page (user inputs an record name, the machine sends that to a as a bullet in the list)

What is the best way of going about this? I don't know any php.

So recently, over the past hour, my GPU has locked up on two separate games, forcing me to restart my computer. What are some basic things I can do to try and figure out what is going on?

wot a cut doggo :3

I used DriverPack Solution (Some program that installs all the missing drivers of your computer) so yeah, it installed those.

Is FX8320e housefire?

With the crashing price, I'm planning to get one for a home server, but I'm too afraid of leaving the house while it's running.

If I buy a Sup Forums pass, is Hiro tracking my posts and what IPs they are tied to?

A-asking for a f-friend

Recommendation, always install your drivers manually.

Buy a intel CPU if you are worried about housefires.

what makes quantum computing faster than regular 1 and 0 that we use for modern processors?

If you're using AMD VCE or NVidia's NVEnc it'll be mostly on the GPU. Otherwise you'll be using all CPU.

If im using a I5-4460 it shouldn't be heavy for it right?

HELP ME PLEASE.....

What resolution/fps do you want to record. No gpu?

They are tracked like that regardless of pass

IGPU(HD 4600), 1080p@60FPS.

This is a question of variable scope. Once you are in a function you only have access to global variables and passed in parameters

Should be fine for simple stuff (browsers, desktop use). But games it's probably gonna be pretty bad. Check out OBS and try a recording.

What if i add a simple GPU? (GTX 1050Ti).

My phone is rooted and I need an adblocker. Theres tons of them and I don't know what to go with. Any suggestions?

Adaway.

if I sign up for Google Hangouts 14 day trial for a conference call, can another person host it, or does the person hosting it have to sign up for the trail?

You would have to send input box input as POST data to a database and read the database on another page to display the list. If it was all on the same page you could use JS only.

Pretty much any 'modern' GPU (AMD/NVidia) will be much better. They have ASIC chips on them specifically made to record what they're displaying with little overhead. Using your CPU you'll see a big drop in when recording.

Does anyone on Sup Forums have a chromebox? Like pic related. I'm posting this from a Chromebook as is and honestly, the ChromeOS system as a whole is easily one of the better OS's I've used. For general browsing, ease of connectivity, and I can even connect to my file server no problem. I figure a 10w chromebox would be better than my i7-6700k/980ti system for watching anime and movies. Plus I wouldn't feel guilty at all leaving my chromebox running all the time.

squares doesn't exist anymore in your new function.
you can use
function(square) {
}.bind(null, squares[i])
though.

null overwrites this, squares[i] will become the first parameter of the function.

Is Transcend a good SD brand?
I just had a Sandisk card go corrupt on me and I need a replacement by monday, so I'm looking at my local pick-up options. They're kinda overpriced. The cheapest options seems to be Transcend and Sony, but the fucking Sams club won't pick up the phone to let me know if the Sony card is in stock or I have to order online for pickup.

Why does Orbot constantly go down under. How is anyone supposed to use this? Am I using it wrong?

Samsung>Sandisk>ADATA>Roll the dice

Shitty brands:
PNY, chinese, others.

ok how do I use the code tag
int main(int argc, char **argv) {
printf("Hello World!\n");
return 0;
}

Like this?

Transcend is alright. They also make SSDs and are usually middle of the road in regards to performance, but offer solid dependability. What is the card for? For general storage, really any major brand would suffice. If you're attempting to format the SD card for use as Android internal storage, fork over the extra money and snag a Samsung Pro something or other. Much better write durability.

Well maybe if this shitty Sandisk didn't die on me. Fuck.
I'll probably roll the dice with the Sony card. Or I could lower it to a 32gb Kingston. Is that any better?

how do i read the wsj online for free?

Fiio X3ii MP3 player, which is notorios for slowing down when opening the library once you have 5000+ songs in it. Read speed is good, but not enough to fork out extra money. I'm settling for a class 10. That's what my old Sandisk was and it performed okay.

SDs cards can die often, is mostly luck based and if what you do with them is write heavy.

Samsung and Sandisk SDs are good because if they brick there is a chance they only brick in a read only safe mode in a way the data isn't lost.

If you only read from it (Music for example) any SD will last you a long time.

Hey, any help with my issue? I'm trying to create a dropbox that'll contain module names. When you drop down to the module you want, the quiz dropbox below it would display only quizzes that have the same module_ID as whatever module it was.

completely wrong approach.
if you are already stuck here you aren't going to make it.

here's a rough plan on how to do it:

only prefill the first dropdown like this on page load.
with javascript listen to the change event of the first dropdown.
when it changes, post the id to your backend, query the records you need based on the id and return them.
create the options elements based on the return values.

is it safe to just put my computer to sleep mode instead of shutting it down? i haven't actually shut down my pc in over a month

If a class in Java extends another class, does it still need to import the package that the superclass is from?

Just turn it off user in the night user.

So wait, how do you pass the value to the queries?

docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/jdbc/basics/prepared.html#overview_ps

or if you want to be a shitter you can just concat it to your query string.

I switch between my headphones and my speakers a lot for my computer, is there some kind of 1/8" jack switchbox I can get?
Current system is to have an extender from the back of the computer and then taped to my desk, alongside the headphone and speaker jacks, but even that isn't as convenient as I'd like.

but it takes longer to start and i'm scared it doesn't remember my open tabs

Would a 650w power supply be enough for an rx 480 and overclocked r7 1700?

Your tabs shouldn't be that important. But it doesn't matter. PCs should be fine with sleep or full shutdown, it's just a minor power difference

Yes.

Thanks for the answer but would it have enough headroom for a future GPU upgrade or is it cutting it close?

It should be enough for almost any single gpu setup

Uh hi Sup Forums
Every few hours a bunch of multicolored rectangles show up on my screen for a second and my tablet goes into a middle ground between on and off(screen in black but light) until I turn it off
I got the tablet for Christmas in 2015
wat do

was this question not stupid enough?

How the fuck do I into UI in Java?
Shit like layout managers, Swing, Panels- how the fuck did anyone design these in code alone?

Great, thanks. I don't envision GPUs becoming super power hungry in the future with HBM becoming a thing so I guess I'll be fine.

GroupLayouts are sweet. I wish HTML had anything that flexible yet simple. Flexboxes have some of the basic features, but nowhere near as complete.

>Geforce Experience
Like AMD catalyst, it should detect the card and install drivers itself.

Why do you want to purchase one rather than spinning up a droplet with open vpn? Maybe im paranoid level 99 but I dont trust a single fucking vpn company, especially when they are in eu countries with vague internet privacy laws.

yes and no. you can mask your ip to be another public ip, but the question is what is the purpose youre trying to acheive here? You wont break into someones network doing this since NAT means everyone is using private class ips anyway

"I was a north american fall webworm in another life" is a quote from an AI character in metal gear solid. We obviously as he said started off orignally as a ntoher program then was cobbled together to becoime an AI

play them on your hd graphics and see if the freezing still occurs
swap pci slots
check temps in speccy

what's an easy way to kill my phone so i can return it for a replacement under the one year warranty?

put it in your anus

bend one of the battery pins say you have a second battery you carry with you

if your house catches fire then you can sue ths fuck out amd. which means NO.

why not try and find out, its free.

these things are constantly being dosd by alphabet letter agencies

their articles always turn up on other sites just google article name

that was hard

ebay.com.au/itm/mini-Stereo-Audio-Switch-Box-A-B-Switch-3-5mm-2-PORT-manual-selector-way-2-1-/321697391568

try nuking and reinstalling

>tfw vishera (8320e) and 8gb ram
>tfw old as fuck am3+ motherboard
>tfw want m.2 and more usb ports

Do I upgrade this old whore to the teeth or just save for a whole new system or upgrade with parts I can carry over to a new build?

>say you have a second battery you carry with you
what do you mean?

i don't have an iphone

My 13 old plasma tv is showing its age. What would a good 50 inch + replacement be for it?

I assumed you didn't have an iphone because the iphone is designed to be anus friendly

no my anus is too thicc. i would destroy an iphone and void the warranty.

What's the point of dual-booting?
Is there things you can do in Linux you can't do in Windows?
For Linux, Debian testing or Ubuntu 16.04 LTS?

I have a fuck ton of pictures spread across 100+ folders, they contain duplicates, what is the easiest way to find dups and delete them?
Some folders may be 100% dups as well.So it needs to manage folders too

is kakaotalk a botnet or Sup Forums approved

Windows 10 Laptop updated last night after slecting shutdown. Turn it on today. No software will launch, no internet browsers, can't system restore as it keeps failing. Can browse files, but using the search function on the raskbar will crash explorer and get the taskbar stuck unresponsive on the screen. What do?

Reimage your weekly/daily backup that you maintain

The two main reasons for multi-booting is to use it as a test environment (i.e. develop and test for multiple platforms) and because you really want to use Linux but some games/programs you occasionally want to use won't work through WINE.

Or if you just want to dip your feet in and try out Linux and see if you like it while having Windows to fall back on if you don't. Which I guess is really the most common use of Dual Booting.

I recommend starting with Ubuntu

Trying to write a bash script to read a JSON, and return a value for a certain key. That returned value will most often be another object.

I can only use python for this.

I was trying to follow the solution here (stackoverflow.com/questions/41450080/get-json-value-from-bash-curl-response-with-python), but it's just not working for me for some reason. Nothing prints out. Even when I change my code to match his example exactly (same JSON and same python line), nothing prints.

Here is my JSON (I'm trying to get "bundles"):

{
"bundles": {
"SOME_FLOW": {
"label1": "good",
"label2": "good",
"label3": "bullshit",
"label4": "good",
"label5": "bullshit",
"label6": "good",
"label7": "bullshit"
}
}
}

Here is my script:

#!/bin/bash
function getData {
JSON="$(cat bundles.json)"
myvar1=$( echo $JSON | python -c "import sys, json; print json.load(sys.stdin)['bundles']")
echo "$myvar"
}
getData

Nothing prints.

Even tried making "bundles" just a string instead of another object, but still nothing.

How can I do collaborative file editing on a Ubuntu Server?

am i the only one having problems with loading media on Sup Forums?
all pics and webms load very slowly. for example, it took several seconds to fully load and even though they are merely a few kilobytes
same shit on mobile

only very very few pics are loaded almost instantly.
i don't get it. internet speed is fine and works perfectly on 8ch4n or any other website for that matter. only Sup Forums does that.

mook is jewingg every last penny out of the site falsely and moved to shitty servers, nothing you can do

Sup Forums here

so i want to start recording a few things on my laptop, but it only has one combo jack port
is there some sort of "combo to mic/headphones" splitter i can buy for cheap, or do i have to shell out money for a fancy USB interface?

Any image from the "IS2" and "IS" server will load slow.
"I" server will load images just as fast.

like this?

i have one of those but can't get it to work on my laptop (it works on my phone though, and the laptop works with some headphones)
it's weird idk

probably due to the two different methods for putting a mic pin on a 3.5mm connector

you'll need to figure out which one your laptop is

I need an SSD.
I don't need much more than just enough to install my OS and maybe one game on, so I'm looking for a 120GB ssd. Should I just go Samsung or are other brands safe?

they dont make plasmas anymore

anti twin was the best program i found for this

only if you talk in squiggles you filthy thai

chmod 777

whatever one for the budget you can afford has best IOPS

it's simple to know if something is Sup Forums approved or not

>is it proprietary ?
if yes, then it's a botnet.

>is it a freeware ?
if yes, then it's a botnet because that probably means they are selling their users data
>but they other ways to make money, maybe they actually don't sell users data !
Do you think they can actually make money from that only ? Do you actually believe discord makes money by selling themes and emojis or whatever ?
>do they devs/creators of the program used to sell users data in the past ?
That's stupid, but the people who created ghostery that aim to protect privacy used to sell their users data in the past, and that's probably what they do with ghostery.

If it's a messaging program:
>Is it centralized ?
if yes, it's a botnet
>is it end to end encryption ?
>is it rolling its own encryption or using something that already exist and that we know it just werks ?
>was the program audited properly ?

samsung 850 evo series is fine for you needs

Boot into recovery, run a system restore.

Also install Windows 8.1 since your laptop probably wont run 10.

I'm about to buy a GTX 1080. should i get the evga "FTW" or the "classified" one? what about zotac cards? are they good?

freetards actually believeq this
KeK

Get a 250GB 850 EVO.

Also don't buy 120GB SSDs, they will last less than the 240-1TB versions because how they are made, also are slower.
And there is the problem that after installing windows you will end with 70-80GB usable if not less(120GiB SSD will leave you with 112 usable GB for Windows).

It was pre installed Windows 10, it's a Surface Pro 4. Doing Restore gave a no permission for "WindowsApps". However after dealing with that it still seems to be having issues. Doing Restore from Recovery just yells foul too.

I will buy a RX 460 or a GTX 1050Ti i guess, thanks.
I guess i will have to drop the idea of getting a 212 EVO.

Reinstall Windows 10 enterprise LTSB then?
You should get a option to recover the files while installing.

Zotac is budget but usually ok. Evga is one of the better brands, FTW doesn't make a huge difference, it's usually just a decent overclock and a backplate. I wouldn't pay a lot extra for it.

Some people might say
>why use linux when all you do on it can be done on windows ?
But The thing is that linux provide a lot of things that are better than windows. From installing / updating / removing a software, secure, faster to boot, faster in almost everything, non shit filesystem and the list goes on.

I have met people that no longer wants to have to deal with windows because it's crippled with bugs compared to linux where things just werks. And when it doesn't work, you can just fix it, something that you might not be able to on windows.
And those people are tech illiterate

people dual boot because of windows. Because for some job they'll absolutely want stuff done with shitty .docx, because the game you want to play doesn't run properly on wine... for short, because devs don't want to port stuff to linux.

Nowadays I got a windows partition just in case I'll need it for my work. I no longer play windows games (the few one I got runs on wine with >30 fps)