Is this the best laptop you can buy in 2017?

Is this the best laptop you can buy in 2017?

>best build quality
>top tier laptop keyboard for typing
>good touchpad
>smaller than 13 inch
>actually has ports
>good design
>good cooling

Only thing that can see improving is the screen, but you can't have it all, unfortunately.

>good cooling
Ecksdee

>5500U
>Dual core
>2.4GHz up to 3.0GHz

looks like plastic, so shit build, display is probably tn and 1366x768

There's a skylake model too you blowjob.

Actually metal build, not plastic.

I see you've never used a HP laptop past 2011.

my spectre runs hot, would totally not use on my lap

>assuming any high end laptop won't run hot
>not understanding how heat, power consumption, and cooling work
>comparing consumer laptops to business class notebooks

Any other points you got there Einstein?

Thinkpad p50 is the best

Fucking this.

>smaller than 13 inch
>has ports
Fuck yes.

>smaller than 13 inch

That's a con, not a pro. I want to actually be able to do productive tasks on my laptop, not have a glorified tablet

Have the prettier 1040 G3. Nice laptop other than no Ethernet port.

this is actually better because it has more ports and a standard voltage, socketed processor

you could drop a 35w i7 3632qm in it

The frame is shit. Mine doesn't always sit evenly on a table, so you just press down on the corners and voila, it's no longer wobbles.

this

Should I get this?

>anus

>you could drop a 35w i7 3632qm in it
enjoy your no battery

What about this?

mom?

>no ips

2570p user here, if I can use my 12.5 inch laptop for productivity, what's stopping you?

>no ips

I thought this shit was Kaby Lake

>the best laptop you can buy in 2017?
would be a second hand laptop from 2014

that's the state of laptop techonology for you

There's a newer model out.

So like the one in good op?

I got the Dell Inspiron 7559 and it's good enough for what I need. School and some light gaming without looking like a 'gayymer' laptop.

Since the thread starts with the words "Is this the best laptop you can buy" I'm assuming this is kind of a general thread.

What's an upgrade for T430 with i7 and Nvidia GPU? The main flaws in it are plastic body and TN screen.

The body has cracked from the back left corner from the hinge area just from opening the lid. The openin motion seems to put pressure on plastic instead of the metal chassis inside. Also the screen has bad viewing angles and I have to directly aim it towards my face when I use it as a secondary PC to watch videos.

So anything that has a metal body, IPS screen, no numpad and preferably a GPU. When my brother visits he plays Overwatch with my laptop so I don't want to downgrade to one that doesn't run it at all. Size and thickness don't matter to me, they are all slim enough. I use it on my desk and lap, I don't need to put it in an envelope and mail it.

Get something with 7700hq and gtx1060. It's like a portable desktop for the same size as a t420. They also typically come with a 1080p IPS panel too.

don't plan on installing arch or gentoo if you get a hp elitebook

>asus
>chromebook

lol

I almost bought one of these. I got a 2170p instead though.