Why is it a meme that arch is shitty and breaks all the time?

Why is it a meme that arch is shitty and breaks all the time?

It has literally never broken for me.

it just werks

neofetch --ascii_distro arch_old

Wallpaper link?

You're just inexperienced at maintaining GNU/Linux when they're bleeding edge

fuck off daniel

do you use lts kernels

It's a neckbeard ricer distro. It's GNU/Linux for hobbyists. People who actually want to get work done use OpenSUSE, Debian, or Fedora.

It's not as bad as people say, you do have to check the site before major upgrades since sometimes you have to force install. The only really frustrating problem I had was a broken conflict between the mesa lib32 drivers and nvidia's proprietary lib32 drivers. It should have deleted the open source ones but it didn't, and I spent hours trying to figure out why X wouldn't start.

>Why is it a meme that arch is shitty and breaks all the time?

Because it's Linux. And Linux is / does those things.

t. just installed it yesterday

perfect description of the situation. thank you kind sir!

>OpenSLOW
>getting work done

> Fedora
CentOS or Redhat.

Same here. I've been using it for the past 2 years and never had a single issue. People are just parroting lies. Anyone saying it's unstable is just fucking dumb and probably never even used it. Honestly Ubuntu and Fedora have given me problems when Arch has not.

arch works if you have the right hardware. it doesn't for me

>It's a neckbeard ricer distro. It's GNU/Linux for hobbyists. People who actually want to get work done use OpenSUSE, Debian, or Fedora.
Bullshit memes. You shouldn't comment about things you don't even have any experience with. Get the fuck off of Sup Forums. What about it makes you think it's hobbyist? These aren't even your own fucking opinions you're just repeating things you see posted on Sup Forums.

>update required manual intervention again just 3 days ago
>jjjjjjjjust works guys

Huh, I didn't get that. OH that's right I'm using Manjaro. Kek. Using Arch stable plebs as beta testers feels good man.

Stuff like Fedora Rawhide is dramatically more involved. Arch in comparison you can just type yaourt -Syu --devel --aur 99% of the time and it just werks.

>Yaourt
Kys frenchie

/thread

found the neckbeard arch user

found the retarded parrot

Seems that u've just installed it, congrats! Now please actually use it for some time. Wait and see.

>FX
lol

>pacman -Syu
>error saying a certificate file already exists
>delete the file
>pacman -Syu
>works

So hard.

>pacman -Syu --force

are you a developer who needs a lot of dependencies / libraries / software or are you weeb who is fapping to animu?

arch suck for real work

cant you just install them like cmon