How much longer will the FX series be "relevant", now that Ryzen is coming out?

How much longer will the FX series be "relevant", now that Ryzen is coming out?
That is, how much longer will it continue to hold back programmers and game developers from finally going on to the next level?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ylvdSnEbL50
youtube.com/watch?v=UuchUscHWSw
youtube.com/watch?v=76-8-4qcpPo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FX stopped being relevant before Ryzen came out. It's all around shit.

It never held anyone back in the first place because no one really paid any attention to it.

It was never relevant.

Good if you got them already. Moar cores for a home server. Getting you another 3-5 years out of the chip.
>That is, how much longer will it continue to hold back programmers and game developers from finally going on to the next level?
Umm. You mean Intel??

Are you in 2012 user?

Ryzen is already out my sweet summer child

more relevant than Ryzen ? It's about the same shit

>That is, how much longer will it continue to hold back programmers and game developers from finally going on to the next level?
What the fuck does this even mean? I'm gonna ask the programmers of Sup Forums this: Have you ever written a line of code and thought "Fuck, FX series processors exist, better change that/make it worse"? I know I sure haven't.

It's worth noting that FX series processors have recently surpassed Intel's products from the same generation in modern games because they have moar coars which games are starting to finally utilize. One could argue what was wrong with FX was that it was too far ahead, not miles behind.

I have a FX-8350 and a Ryzen 1700X. They're both good CPUs.

I don't see what you're getting at, OP.

AMDrone detected

I don't think it's really true that they were too far ahead, the "cores in modules sharing resources" idea was downright terrible, I'm just pointing out that accusing a chip that's performed significantly better the older it's gotten of holding back the industry is very very odd.

This.FX is ageing like a fine wine. It sounds crazy but it's true.

1.) CPUs do not "age" in any way you want them to

2.) Show some proof trolly trolls

im still running an FX8320 OC'd since I got it late in 2012. I do average gaming and a lot of video editing. Coupled with my r9 290 that is from late 2013 i still play about everything high/max graphics on 1440p and get good frames. I'm not sure where it comes into play that gaming requires these $300+ cpus.

I don't have the link. Some user posted a ryzen review from youtube that had ryzen/intel/fx comparisons.The youtuber had a strong Scottish accent, if that helps.

By age, we mean coders finally got their thumb out their asses.

Nobody is saying CPUs literally age like a wine does. We are saying that the software being run on those CPUs evolves over time, particularly in gaming where new games are being released constantly, and over time that evolution has led in a direction where moar coars is actually better.

Anyway, it mainly comes from here, the actual benchmarks are linked in the description:
youtube.com/watch?v=ylvdSnEbL50

(Before I get accused of posting material from an AMD fanboy, here's a video of him slamming AMD, he'll lay into them if they deserve it)
youtube.com/watch?v=UuchUscHWSw

If the FX-8350 goes down in price, I'll probably buy a few of them for a cluster. I could run tons of VMs on them.

that or a HTPC. people act like the 8350 is shit and its honestly still breddy gud

my overclocked CPU aged like a mentally unstable girlfriend

Don't they devour electricity?

When will FX get a price drop? This desktop needs one final upgrade: it has a Phenom II

>FX stopped being relevant before Ryzen came out. It's all around shit.
this

t. fx 6300 ex owner.

125w.

Even as an fx user fx is obsolete from about 2016? Its pretty shit and i only got it because it didnt have secure boot

I have an i5 and an 8350 and Isee no fucking difference between the two. I think you're all full of shit.

"i5"

that means fuck all. 2500k? 6500k? 500?

Sorry, 6600k.

6300 was dogshit

8350 was pretty nice

>8350 pretty nice

ok then, well with what applications are you noticing no performance changes? Obviously if your just gaming there wont be a difference

Stick with the phenom. OC it.

Gaming.Otherwise, the 8350 is slightly quicker unpacking and moving large files.Everything else, zero noticable difference.

OP is anal worms confirmed.

thats because most "games" are optimised for console performance, so anything more than a jaguar 8 cores performance is wasted

Didn't know that. I can finally stop punching myself and throwing cheetohs around my room.

ryzen should have 4 total sku's

8 core high density low power low clocking

8 core low density high clocking "extreme"

and 2 quad core versions of the same

prove me wrong pussies

>not being a 8350 winner

I came from a 6300 to 8350 and never regrettted it

Kill yourself amdrone street shitstain.
youtube.com/watch?v=76-8-4qcpPo

>tfw fx6300 owner

pls no bully

FX stopped being relevant right about Sandy Bridge arrival.

>Hey there is youtuber that made a statement
>Let me not follow his statement and instead test this in completely different environment
>oh look, different results

>shitstain amdrone insists that FX btfos 2500k in new games because MOAR THREADS
>test both cpus in new games
>2500k btfos FX
kill yourself amdrone

Yea, with 2x the resolution, first statement was 480p/720p that was not tested.

Go fuck yourself.

Fucking kill yourself retarded amdshitter.

The issue with fx was this

1) it was meant to be more, but after struggling with getting shit perfect, they shit canned the parts that would make it per core better then phenom II's and just went for parallel where it held a lead over i7's till haswell

2) the incarnation of bulldozer that we got relied entirely on parallel processing, and shock of all shocks, programmers have to be dragged kicking and screaming to use that when they can just rehash their single threaded shit again

3) So now that apis in games are finally catching up, bulldozer has not seen a desktop version since piledriver, its still not the best cpu to use.

overall, it was a bad idea that banked on programmers not being shit, power hungry as fuck in its initial incarnation, and to top it off, so underpowered in single thread that you had to push it well passed its optimal clock speed just to stay relevant.

I won a 4.6 Ghz 8320 and even at that the CPU is really testing my nerves. I am not that upset with it but I would also welcome a new CPU.

It all depends on how R5s perform, s,nce intel is out of question I might just buy zen2 too but I am not sure.

>amdrone tv
This is almost as pathetic as when you panjeets shilled that ONE test by joker.