University forcing me to learn Java

>University forcing me to learn Java

Is this a good thing

write your code in C that generates java (including the JIT) like a real man

most languages are basically the same anyway

tell them C# is better in every way

just get used to it senpai

Just learn it and take more courses on other languages

I'm sure your university must have more courses like this.

Yeah it does. I'll definitely do that.

Take the courses in it and be thankful your school is teaching you something relevant to the industry.

JIT is not a part of the language, but of the VM, which OP should not be writing. Furthermore, you cannot develop a C -> Java transpiler without first knowing Java.

java sucks hard cock, but it's also necessary for employment prospects.

just suffer through it OP.

What's the worst that can happen really? You'll learn Java. I don't know Java and have no motivation to learn it, but taking pride in ignorance is something I never understood.

If you want a job, yes.

>courses for teaching a language
This is retarded. Didn't the SICP course spend the first week teaching Scheme then the rest of the course actually teaching CS and assuming no one was too stupid to learn the language in a week.

Sup Forums hates this truth

MIT uses Java for their core course of Software Construction. You'll be fine, OP.

Java has its problems but so does every other language. It's still industry standard and probably the most useful language you can learn, so it is in your best interests to learn it regardless of whether you think Haskell is a better language.

You can "actually teach CS" in Java, you know.

that is correct, atleast where i come from.
No system exists in a vacuum anymore today.
If you build front end stuff, it is most likely written in Java.
Database and backend development is a lot more diverse in that range.

at least your A level (yes, I am 18, I was held a year back because muh autism) teacher didn't make you learn fucking python thinking it's the future.

>Click here
>Are you poo?
If yes then you are good since you wouldn't be asked to program in any language except Java.

Java might trigger you when you get to generics, but aside from that it's not bad.

Underage b& please leave... Python is a good language.

If you don't care about speed.

Java is useful if you actually want a job. Deal with it.

for you

A-Level fag here - try being shilled VB.Net when you could've learned C#, Java or Python

>front end stuff
>written in Java

>front end stuff
>java

are you trying to masturbate anally with a cactus?

If you want to go into Web Dev, Spring is probably one of the comfiest Frameworks out there.

Also while there are always better alternatives, you can practically do anything with Java, which is why Universities tend to go with it.

you can learn with almost any language

if you are any good then you should be able to pick up any language very quickly after learning one