Winblows 7/8 on Kabylake ?

Is it true that you cannot run winblosw 7/8 on kabykuck?
what are the issues?
Is it then better to buy an older gen or intel crap?

Microsoft is preventing Ryzen and Kaby Lake from getting any updates from Windows Update on 7 and 8. It's an entirely artificial move and both CPUs work fine on them.

My suggestion is to use Windows Server 2012

PCI passthrough. It works on intel unlike rypoo.

wat

Works fine if you get the right board. Asus is really dropping the ball and has seriously fucked up IOMMU groups.

He's saying VM Windows.

>He's saying VM Windows.

How does it help? What does VM change?

thx for the tips!
so if i get a new gen lenovo, can i run windows 7/8 on it?
or should i get last years' model?

Use Linux, run Windows 7 in a VM using PCI passthrough magic to get native GPU performance in games

So, it only matters if there is a fucked up mobo?

If your Mobo has issues with iommu that could be the only hold up
Google your Mobo brand and issues related to VMs to see if that could be an issue

If you want a laptop wait a few months for the four core APUs, Ryzen is really fuckin geared towards server and mobile. Uses 20% less power, and their GPUs are actually good.

Does it make you feel good when you type like you're mentally retarded?

thanks again, but i need to run some programs in windows host (as the performance in vm is not good enough).
so a thinkpad with kaby, wouldn't be able to run a win 7/8 host? is that correct?

>native GPU performance in games

lmao when will this meme end?

It works.

No IGPU drivers though.

older (beta) intel vga driver packages included kaby igpu drivers for win7

21.20.16.4508 and 21.20.16.4526 should both work
I think intel discreetly removed those versions from their archive so you'll have to grab them from elsewhere. mobo manufacturers still distribute them

I still do not understand it. What compatibility problem does VM help to solve which does not then reeerge in guest OS?

Because the CPU drivers are running through Linux, not Windows natively.

That does not tell me anything useful. Drivers for what function of CPU? Power saving?

>CPU drivers
There is no such thing.

but there are

APU/IGPU graphics drivers and AMD Dual Core Optimizer

First one is not required for CPU and it is still required for guest OS to support it.

Second one was a temporary fix for Windows XP or whatever.