What is the closest thing to a ThinkPad you can get in a smartphone?

What is the closest thing to a ThinkPad you can get in a smartphone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_5aXkW0EFRI
ifixit.com/Teardown/Fairphone 2 Teardown/52523
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lenovo P2

S5 active. It's rugged from the get-go, has a removable battery, and upgradable storage.

You must be 18 or older to use this site.

a blackshit

That's nice. Retard.

Goddamn, Sup Forums is such a brand-fanboy consumer whore. Imagine someone walking up and saying "what is the closest thing to an iPhone you can get in a microwave." This is you. This is what you have become.

I think he's just looking for something solid and not too expensive.

Nexus 6

>cheap
>big community
>lots of active development
>dirt cheap
>soc is still plenty good for everything but games
>screen is just as good if you pick the right model
>did I mention dirt cheap
>cheap replacement parts
>only a few compromises, but at current price you really can't complain

>I don't understand the existence and value of shorthand within a community

motorolla razor

If the Moto G2 didn't suck dick, it would have probably been the series of phones equivalent to that.

Fairphone

ZUK Z2

A thinkpad with mobile broadband and a program that allows you to make phone calls.

this is for muh S4 mini
>rich custom ROM support
>just use a hard case and screen protector for protection
>removable battery, have multiple spare batteries and spare battery charger
>microSD slot
also its screen resolution is shit just like old thinkpads, and
>no OTG support

thinking again, any android phone with removable battery+custom ROM would be amazing choice, biggest advantage of SD is good for installing android on external SD to avoid emmc failure (there is a XDA thread about it, but it's so confusing, still couldn't figure that out), and in case of SD failure you can just buy a new SD and load your backup

Stupid.

Didn't they have microphone problems though?

You dropped the 2

that design is so damn sexy

Nokia 6.

youtube.com/watch?v=_5aXkW0EFRI

Old Samsung phones (S5 and older) or a Nexus/Pixel device. They all have bootloader unlocks, and some of them have removable batteries and SD slots. I'll be getting a Galaxy S2 soon.

Lenovo Zucc

This. S5 is the best phone I have ever owned. Removable battery, sd card slot, water resistant/proof, non-slip grip backing, and tons of open source roms

Say 'Hi' to your new phone

Yeah, I'd tell them to get one of those memey Electrocux microwaves. I'd also tell them to look into Cisco networking gear.

unless it's piss easy to put linage on and root it can get fucked

Niggerberry
Or maybe a 5310

you have my attention. How hackable is this?

Moto G4 Play, of course.

Is it good? yes.
IBM Thinkpad quality? No.
Lenovo Thinkpad Quality? Yes.

Ageed. I have one G4 Play.
Hard to find anything IBM quality nowadays. Maybe the Nokia 6.

>S5
Samsung's worst highend release nt

BlackBerry Bold 9900.

>removable battery, and upgradable storage.

useless memes

It's the ThinkPhone from Lenovo

>what is the closest thing to an iPhone you can get in a microwave

I got you.

I want a smartphone that can have any operating system, any bios, any firmware that I want.

Preferably with only free software so there are no back-doors for a hacker to track you down and mug you.

oneplus one. not the closest buy you can get them used for very cheap. mine looks fucking raped from the abuse its taken, but still works. has decent performance too.
no sd tho

Try smoke signal.

thinkpad with wwan

No smartphone

Don't do that. I really love my S2, but it's dated, slow, and has even with brand new battery issues.

What the actual fuck?
What is their excuse for the lack of buttons?

barely, which sucks balls. More so when you see the Silver edition.

It's cheaper to put a garbage touch sensor than actual physical buttons sometimes

the same thing happens with cheap ass walmart TV's and they can advertise "Touch panel"

Fairphone 2

ifixit.com/Teardown/Fairphone 2 Teardown/52523

They've been fixed on the last 7.1 builds, also the fix for the previous versions was really easy to apply. Basically some faggot at Google fucked with the mixer paths for some fucking reason and enabled the bottom speaker (which sits next to the mic) during calls, so basically you just have to edit a few lines or flash a little zip.

Can't hack a blackberry

moto g3