It is 2017 and the GNOME developers still haven't added one

>it is 2017 and the GNOME developers still haven't added one
Why does Linux suck so hard?

Cause Linus hasn't got around to adding image preview to the kernel.

Hang in there bro, we'll all make it.

is this a joke about micro/monolithic kernels

I was told by a GNOME dev that GTK4 might finally have it. He told me that they don't do it because of security... which is total bullshit.

>LOOK MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN

add it yourself (laugh)

>He told me that they don't do it because of security... which is total bullshit.
I understand where they are coming from

Because it's shit made for retards.

why does gnome suck so hard *

Sup Forums is dead

I just use windows, but this is satire right? Most linux distros show the thumbnail of pictures, right?

It does, retard, it's just that almost no programs utilize it

I posted it again xddddd

No. Only distros with KDE show proper thumbnails in the file picker.

>not using the gtk2 thumbnail patch

in the file manager, yes, all of them do

in the file picker (what you get when using web browser or a program to pick files) only kde does

wow, absolutely pathetic.
I thought these small but useful features were more common in linux since new versions come out faster.

that's bullshit
thunar does it

KDE Plasma 5.9.3 does not have this problem.

So what exactly is this a problem with? What needs to update?
Is it the file manager?
The browser?
The window manager? Desktop environment?

Stop embarrassing yourself, where the hell does thunar provide a filepicker at all? You would have to inject a custom one into gtk2/3 to get that functionality, or just patch it in.

the toolkit the program uses dictates the file picker. There is no standard in the linux world and gtk cucks have the worst one.

Gnome has nothing to do with linux(their shit is on BSD and can be run on mac os too)

But yeah they are pretty shit

Dolphin is better

Only brainlets use GNOME in the current year.

Prove me wrong, protip: you can't.

Why does every one use gnome based shit anyway?

Depends. Firefox could fix it by giving an option to use a different file picker, like the KDE one. Chromium for example has this option and will default to it on a KDE desktop.
On the other hand GTK devs could pull their heads out of their asses and actually add thumbnails to their file picker.

tl;dr either the browser (or other programs) or the toolkit

It's not a problem in Linux, the problem is GTK devs' autism.

Jesus Christ why is Linux so shit???

this

ya i wish he would add proper asynchronous I/O first.

even fucking wangblowsOS has proper Asynchronous I/O

>is this a joke about micro/monolithic kernels
Seems more like a half joke considering the linux kernal runs TCP/IP and other stacks internally.

It would probably do the project loads of good to just buck up and finally integrate something resembling a graphics stack or at least API standards. It would finally put to rest all the stupid pissing matches that the "community" hasn't be able to resolve for ages now: X vs Wayland, KDE vs Gnome, so on, so forth. Then we can see the project move forward instead of watching programming dieties bicker like preteens, fussing with shit OSes got down pat in the 90's, and Google eating everybody's lunch.