Switch confirmed as a re-branded nvidia tablet

Switch confirmed as a re-branded nvidia tablet.

AYYYYYYYYYY

youtube.com/watch?v=FZxJUwqENAo

Other urls found in this thread:

techspecs.blog/blog/2017/3/1/the-nintendo-switch
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Welcome to last month, retard.

We've known this since about a week after the initial switch reveal.

>Sup Forumstard still salty that a handheld is selling better than his console.

Assumptions are not facts.

Charlie on S|A confirmed this a very long time ago.
Its not new information.

No he didn't.

:D
tegra x1 is a pretty cool chip.
I'm kinda stoked by this. Im just waiting for someone to dump an img of the /dev/sda so I can download it.

Nintendo buying failed products, thank God they have good games. It's the only reason their still in the "game"

>ITS OKAY THAT NINTENDO LIED TO US!
>THE CUSTOM PART IS IN THE SOFTWARE!
>NO IM NOT CRYING!

>their
>using shitty snibshad picture for attention
KYS

Nintendo have always been the biggest Jews in the vidya industry, buying the cheapest shit possible. It's why they've historically been able to sell their consoles for so cheap and still make a profit. This time they've gone a bit too far, the Shield tablet is only $200, I don't see what Nintendo is offering that makes their rebranded Shield worth $300.

an x1 is fast as fuck tho

a handheld pixel c is kinda an ideal setup

For 2005 maybe.

show me a 250$ 7 inch tablet that plays Zelda and Splatoon and I'll buy it

manchild
Also
>what is qemu

>not enjoying the sense of wonder and discovery from exploring new and fantastic worlds
faggot
>cemu
not portable

Holy shit, are you even 18?

>calls others manchilds
>uses name and trip on anonymous board
>being this desperate for attention

NVIDIA already released that Info when the Switch was announced.

uh, no? there's nothing faster on the market. apple's fastest gpu is a hair slower.

>no they didn't

they said it was a custom tegra on their best desktop architecture and that they spent 500 man years creating this shit

turns out all those 500 years went towards software, arch not being their best but instead maxwell and that there's nothing custom about it other than it being gimped

No they didn't.

He is not wrong, you know. It IS fast for 2005.

>tripfag acting superior to people enjoying themselves
>being so desperate for attention you try to distract from being proven wrong by latching on to a completely wholesome desire and pretending like it's infantile
Sad! I hope you one day realize how pathetic you really are.

>a re-branded nvidia tablet.

You are fake news. Nvidia shield tablets use the Tegra K1. The Switch uses the Tegra X1, which is also found in the Nvidia shield TV home console.

Biggest Jews in the industry
LMFAO, I see it now!

The nintendo gender switch pretty much has the same performance as the novidya K1 so....

The 500 man years refers to the design of the Pascal architecture and probably includes design of the previous architectures that led to Pascal. Jen-Hsun Huang used the exact same line during the 1080 Ti press event, so it's unclear what Nvidia is actually talking about.

Best to ignore whatever they say about 500 years or whatever.

>The nintendo gender switch pretty much has the same performance as the novidya K1 so....
Untrue, tripfag.
>K1: 28nm, X1: 20nm
>K1: 192 cuda cores, X1: 256 cuda cores
>K1: 19GB/s bandwidth, X1: 25GB/s bandwidth

The K1's CPU is also a clusterfuck of some 64 bit cores, some 32 bit cores from a Galaxy S4, with a binary translation layer in software.

>can barely run a empty game with 2004 graphics at 25fps
>ITS THE MOST POWERFUL CHIP user! NINTENDO TOLD ME!
>NO IM NOT CRYING!

Gas subhuman gentiles.

it doesn't use pascal

K1 runs faster

the X1 in the switch runs at 1/3rd the clock when handheld and 2/3 when docked

techspecs.blog/blog/2017/3/1/the-nintendo-switch

>Less known to many is that the original X1 shipped in a rather sad state. NVIDIA failed to make a working interconnect, and ended up shipping broken silicon. The end result was that the four LITTLE CPUs had to be disabled, so only the four big CPUs were actually active in the original SHIELD TV and Google's Pixel C. This did not stop NVIDIA from advertising eight functional CPU cores, however.

> I was wrong: the A53s are still there, and the logic is still broken. Unbelievable.

The chip has custom code printed on the top instead of the stock type that is used in Shield.

n-no! its custom! its the m-most powerful portable console ever! the ps4 l-launched at a much higher p-price! w-wahoo!

I don't care about consoles but the X1 is a amazing chip, pretty must the best performner on the market

Just incorrect. Switch's X1 runs at 384MHz docked and 921MHz when docked. For comparison, the Shield TV home console boosts to 1000MHz, but the Pixel C tablet's X1 only hits 850MHz.

92% is not 2/3, baka user-kun.

*384MHz undocked

Why Nvidia makes shitty chips to consoles? They did the PS3 gpu wich used old technology (X360 get into the Unified Shaders while PS3 used stationary separeted pixel and vertex shader) Now they give nintendo a X1, probably wanted lot of money on the X2 and Nintendo is always cheap af.

Snapdragon 820 matches Tegra X1 graphical performance and wrecks it in CPU performance, and 820 is a smartphone chip used in 200$ chinkphones.

But who will use a videogame console for browsing?

307.2/384/768MHz

yeah no not even close. sd820 loses badly to an apple a9. x1 is faster than a9x, let alone a9. switch is fast as fuck.

*in graphics i mean

It's just like everyone in the industry has said. You look at the hardware and you say "Man I don't know..." then you start playing Nintendo's games and you just forget about all that shit.

I know that's heresy to say on Sup Forums but then again why does Sup Forums care about this rinky dink little handheld-that-pretends-to-be-a-console anyway?

switch also runs ue4 games at 60 fps

the developers of ue4 said it only runs on next gen hardware and they specifically mentioned the wii u was too slow to run it.

switch is far more capable than given credit for

I know you buy Nintendo hardware for the game nowadays, not the hardware, but the Switch is a hard pill to swallow. $300+, barely stronger than a WiiU, no backwards compatibility and paid online. Sure the Wii was weak, but it was backwards compatible with the Gamecube and came with a bundled game, WiiSports. They actually have the gall to charge for 1, 2 Switch, this console's tech demo. Nintendo just went full jew this time and it's turned me off from buying the system.

switch takes a massive shit on wii u performance wise. pls stop repeating retard tier Sup Forums memes here.

>gender switch
>novidya
Just kill yourself

It's the same old loop. Everyone would love for Nintendo to find success putting all their games onto the PC and selling a pro controller, but then the truth comes crashing down that Nintendo is able to fund their impressive software through the income their hardware generates. Sega used to be the exact same way, and look what happened to their software the moment they went third party. A game like Breath of the Wild would never come to fruition from a third party Nintendo. And there's no way they'd be developing ARMS, Mario Odyssey, and Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2 alongside that. It'd be 2 of those games at most, drop all the others.

It's a sad state of affairs because if Nintendo could put out both amazing hardware and software the rest of the industry besides PC would be a fucking joke. The Nintendo + PC meme would be undisputable. Instead you have everyone standing around kicking their feet wondering "how much is too much?"

Too bad it can't run wiiu games 720p@24fps

>then you start playing Nintendo's games and you just forget about all that shit.
You forget about the chip and you realize that everygame runs sub 30fps with less than HD resolution.

>less than HD resolution
I thought the Switch did 1280x720

not necessarily, switch supports modern APIs so having unreal work on it should be easier

no the dev of ue4 specifically stated ue4 needs next gen hardware at a minimum. easier or not, ue4 demands faster hardware. so no ps3, no x360, no wiiu but switch yes.

yeah because next gen hardware means proper API support

by being slower than wii u?

>ue4 needs next gen hardware at a minimum

That's a meaningless marketing term. UE4 can be made to run on almost any PC, the AMD SoCs microsoft and Sony use, and now even Nintendo's new ARM64 CPU + Nvidia GPU combo.

>nintendo fell for the nvidia meme
>bought old chips
>bought shit teir mobile chips
I am surprised these things don't catch fire with nvidias reputation.

>a while ago at Nintendo HQ
>engineers discussing which components to use
>"looks like our competition is using AMD SoC's for laptops"
>"let's get ahead of them and use a phone/tablet SoC"
>everyone nodded

Fast RMX and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe both prove that's not true, and it runs zelda better

Seriously, why the fuck is console war bullshit moving to Sup Forums though

No guys, we can't remove RX 480 and GTX fanboy threads! Those gamer graphics cards threads are Sup Forums culture!

It won't cause any gamer retards shitposting in the future!

>2017
>buying consoles
If anything I'm glad that nintendo did this. Emulating the switch will be even faster. One year from now, PCs will probably be playing all switch games and making them look better too kek.

>muh unique special snowflake Nintentard dreams!
it also runs freebsd like any generic computer too

We wouldn't have said anything but the Sup Forums Nintentards have to come in here and spout their bullshit, which of course invites correction because autism.

>>bought old chips
>>bought shit teir mobile chips

tegra x1 and x2 are still the best SoC on the market in terms of graphics performance, so they're pretty far from shit tier. you can't get anything better currently.

>garbage CPU
>uses millions of watts

Anything using newer PowerVR and some A73 cores would be miles better.
More efficient too.

You do know that Apple always uses shit GPUs right? most of their overpriced laptops have shitty 1.2 GHz dual core GPUs

'muh efficiency' is a meaningless metric in this case. no competing solution delivers the same graphics performance as the gpu in the tegra x1, and nintendo clearly chose that over trying to get the best perf/w.

It's not a rebrand...it doesn't have the full features of the nvidea shield.

The switch is way less versatile than a tablet.

If only we could have had a tetra x1 tablet...

>meaningless
>switch lasts for an hour at 20% brightness while gaming
>probably not even 40 minutes outside

Yeah, enjoy your PS2 tier graphics, I guess you don't care much about that when you only get to see them for 30 minutes every day since it takes 3 hours to charge the damn thing

From a technology and financial standpoint, why on earth did Nintendo make this abomination of a "console"? Technology wise, the switch is a lack luster product all around. Terrible screen and build quality. Terrible battery life. Terrible performance unless you're docked in "console" mode. Docking the console repeatedly tends to scratch the screen and the docking station/port is so flimsy I'm surprised there aren't wide spread complaints already about them breaking.

All for what? Yet another retarded Nintendo gimmick. What happened to Nintendo making a plain old console with no gimmick? The N64 was great. The GameCube (barring it's tiny discs to avoid paying royalties) was amazing as well. Why did they start just relying on stupid shit to sell their console? They could have even stuck with the exact same garbage Nvidia chip if they really wanted to, but just made the console a standard unit like Xbox and PlayStation have been doing forever.
>Inb4 Sup Forums

Just blows my mind how incompetent a company can be.

>overpriced
They're expensive. The high dollar they fetch even used, compared to any other laptop, proves they are not overpriced.

You just can't afford them.

>I's underpowered shit
b-but It's a handheld
>It has shit battery life
b-but It's a home console
Really makes you think.

>2k dollars
>1.2 GHz dual core processor
>128GB of disk space
>not overpriced

Everyone except retarded nintenyearolds knew it was a massively underclocked tegra x1 for months now.

Tegra is shit and had to be underclocked to even work in mobile and even with a >4000mAh battery, it still only lasts for like 2 hours of gameplay.

>sells used for much more than other laptops
>people willing to bear the market price
Yeah, not overpriced. See, my young commie friend, if something is "overpriced" then the market will not bear it. Also if Apple stuff was "overpriced" the used market would reflect this.

Laptops which are overpriced include every higher end non-Apple brand, because they lose much more value on the used market, thus showing that they keep value poorly and were indeed overpriced.

It's interesting that you can't tell the difference between "overpriced" and "expensive." Perhaps it's just sour grapes from Pajeet, who knows.

hey its news to me i thought it was just generic

Specs are completely irrelevant in video game consoles
Nintendo DS had 5MB of RAM and a fucking 57MHz CPU. Similarly PSP had 32MB of RAM and a 333MHz MIPS CPU.
What happened? Well they sold fucking great, it's the games that matter, not powerful hardware. I don't even play video games, but this fact is pretty apparent from the figures

So, it doesnt matter if a game runs at 20fps?

If a game's fun, not at all.

ocarina of time in gamecube is 20 fps.

>google Ocarina of Time framerate
>find article about how it was almost first person
>article refers to first person as "fps"

t. nintendofaggot not wishing to face reality

How fucking retarded are you?

>Assuming consumers are rational
It's like you managed to fail both economics AND psychology

I was wondering when you'd show up to vent your spleen.

Nintendards BTFO.

>assuming that the number of irrational consumers is enough to sustain any market
>assuming that people who pay higher dollar for a better quality computer with a better quality OS are irrational
Oh you, you're probably a libcuck/commie too, as you seem to be excited about authority even when it's irrelevant to the discussion.

>you can't get anything better currently
Snapdragon 820, 821 and 835 would like a word with you.

It's actually like 3 times more powerful than the U.

I thought that was basic knowledge from the get-go. It's a Nvidia tablet with a custom OS modified from BSD, and custom controllers.

>Qemu
>Not portable
It is literally the most portable software emulator. It was designed to seamlessly emulate any instruction set on any other instruction set.

it's not a marketing term at all it's a specific point of reference. it means you can run games that run on a ps4 on a switch. it means switch is pretty damn powerful for a handheld.

The engine doesn't mean the games will run

Sonic Boom used Cryengine, does that mean the Wii U would play Crysis 3? Come on, man

The Tegra X1 is a very underpowered device. They have Tomb Raider 2013 running on it at 720p/30fps and that's at full clock speeds, and with HIGHLY downgraded assets. Yes, you will get a performance boost because of the more direct API, but you will also get a proportionate similar performance decline because of the 30% underclock.

The Switch would be *lucky* to run any AAA 8th gen game in 720p/30 and that's with highly degraded assets. In docked mode. We're looking at a reality that handheld mode might not even be supported because they'd have to decrease the resolution etc so severely.

This is all assuming Switch even gets AAA 3rd party support, which I find unlikely simply because it's not powerful enough to run most of the games

Crytek actually made a port of Crysis 3 for WiiU, but EA canned it.

Of course you could get anything running if you lower the resolution to 240p and decrease the tri count enough. Would it be an enjoyable experience?

>I thought that was basic knowledge from the get-go. It's a Nvidia tablet with a custom OS modified from BSD, and custom controllers.
Your whole statement is false and retarded, it shouldn't surprise anyone coming from a mongoloid attention whore as someone who uses a name and a trip.

>lower the resolution to 240p
just like current nintendo handheld experience

Ok.

Let me know when I have another way to play Nintendo games. Because i'm not just going to NOT play the new mario