T H I C C phones

Are you ready for T H I C C phones?

jp.onkyo.com/audiovisual/smartphone/granbeat/

Onkyo said fuck it, we don't care about thin, we're just going to make a phone with proper audio quality.

Other urls found in this thread:

jp.onkyo.com/audiovisual/smartphone/granbeat/
youtube.com/watch?v=K7jTMVy_Y6k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this called T H I C C today?
For me it's pretty compact.

Sweet.

I really only would want

>easy replace battery
>replaceable storage
>good battery life
>decent ppi but doesn't need to be amazing at all, just good enough for youtube tier shit

>Are you ready for T H I C C phones?
YES
>make a phone with proper audio quality
Okay I don't care, I wanted more battery

Looks about as thick as an iPod classic, which is thin enough. I can't wait for phones to get 15000mAh batteries through solid state battery tech and by making devices thicker.

This tbqh, OK quality is good enough.

>Are you ready for T H I C C phones?
Everything old is new again.
>we're just going to make a phone with proper audio quality.
I would prefer a standalone device, but this is appealing.

Oh my god finally

>digital audio player x smartphone

so an mp3 player in a phone? wasn't that like the very first thing they added to smartphones?

>wasn't that like the very first thing they added to smartphones
Yes, but the audio quality was pretty shit. Currently, it is goodnuff with Apple trying to push everyone into bluetooth. There is really nobody attempting to address the hi-fi market, but those people can be fickle.

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

>3000mAh

How is this going to get me a week of playing music between charges?

It's not a half bad SoC tbqhwyfamilam

I'm fine with thicc (up to 1,5 cm) as long as it gives me me something in exchange (using a phone with a battery case anyway). With the extra space they could fit a huge battery plus a real optical zoom and OIS with god-tier optics (like the T series cybershots back in the day)

>phones will never be this thicc again

pu-ro-te-ku-sho-n shii-to

>convert to PCM 192kHz/24bit
also known as bullshit

Price?

> Make a proper phone that is not slim shit
> Use the extra space for audio placebo shit instead of power and battery
why?

finally I phone I can relate to

Because it's made by a placebo audio company f-a-m

marshall is only good with guitar amps.

everything else is beats tier

>marshall amps
>good

>jp.onkyo.com/audiovisual/smartphone/granbeat/
really excited until I noticed 3000mah battery

what a waste

serious fuckup by engineering team, something that size should have 6-8k, there's a niche market for T H I C C phones but they completely blew it by forgetting that the only point is for a solid battery

>"thicc"
kill yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=K7jTMVy_Y6k

>128 internal
>SD Slot
>3Gbs ram
>808 Snapdragon
>5" 1080p
>actual buttons for playback, turn on/off notifications, volume
>metal body
>2 audio jacks, 3.5 and the bigger one.
>running 6.0.1 (at least in the video)

price point is a problem, fucking expensive.

> T H I C C

Speak English you fucking baboon piece of shit.

I love brick-like design, its dam sexy and its only 5" too. I wonder how big is the battery.

Because then they can charge the audiophile retards more for an underpowered device purely because MUH HI-FI ON THE GO!

I'd just be fine with a larger battery, most phones are already powerful enough for most tasks that aren't heavy 3D rendering.

I guess it's decent enough since the onkyos have good battery life on their players. It's expensive, but all in all if you are into expensive DACs, it isn't because it has good phone specs. What the guy in the video didn't get was the small screen in the bottom. It seems it displays the music player info when the screen is off.

>audio quality
There are dozens of Asian phones that do. So what?

Is it really that thick? It looks not much thicker than the 1/8" jacks in the bottom, with the squared off edges being unflattering.

Unless those are 1/4" jacks. And that guy's hand is HUUUUEG.

I would really like a thicker phone, but not for audio. I just want a thick phone that's powerfull, has a big high res screen and a fuckhuge battery. I guess it could have a pretty good camera lense too.

You'd think with shit specs like that and a reduced need for miniaturization it would be affordable
Gimmick

No I don't feel as ridiculous putting a 20 Ah battery pack on an odroid xu4 powered tablet.

Not from a nip company, no. Software support is going to be beyond terrible.

I don't think Nips understand the value of software even in 2017.

Seriously, there isn't a single major software vendor based out of Japan that isn't a video game company.

My Axon 7 plays music perfectly definitely don't regret my purchase.

I like it.

>this is what audiophiles believe
Why do so few people know simple signal processing

Only if it has a battery that can last at least 12 hours no matter what I use the phone for.
I'm still sitting on my htc one from 2013 and it can browse and play YouTube videos which is all I need from.

Lel they all use internet explorer and yahoo instead of google.

It's also super fucking unergonomic. It literally looks painful to hold

If it isn't waterproof I don't give a fuck.

Also not running 7.0 out of the box is an instant dealbreaker since it's been out for nearly a year now.

>too big to hold
>too uncomfortable to put in the pocket

>looks painful to hold
Why are you millennials such limp-wristed sissies? Grow a pair of balls it's a fucking phone not some overpriced keyboard.

Does it run fucking Google's OS?

I didn't know I had this fetish until OP shown me this phone
tnx op
brb, science

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

It's a word here now, if you don't like it please go back too Reddit.

>the extra space for audio placebo shit
That doesn't even require that much space. The battery is still the biggest component by a massive margin.

>7.0
Six months since that started to ship.

Jesus christ they fucked up in every possible way.

I'm waiting for the "thin' meme to die out, I don't mind a 12mm thick phone If I get proper hardware paired with decent fucking battery life.

Chink versions when?

Back in my days cell phones and music players were small, light and ergonomic, brickshit took popularity after iPhone 4. Big device is not really comfortable to hold for 80% or population and right angles don't feel nice in your trousers. Since it's primarily a music device, and not video, they could have made it 4.5".

Still don't get why would they add 2.5 mm TRS since not so much high-end headphones actually use it, only some old Nokia gimmicks from 10 years ago maybe.

And fax instead of e-mail.

>2.5 mm TRS
2.5 mm TRRS. Differential stereo.
It really looks like the Onkyo DP-X1 player plus cellular capability.

Basically the Axon 7.
>balanced and differential
No one cares about that.

>Basically the Axon 7.
B-but muh placebo!

>micro-B USB
>2 0 1 7
>0
>1
>7

It's gonna be at least +1500$, like these shitty new Sony Walkman and Astel& Kern.

>There is really nobody attempting to address the hi-fi market, but those people can be fickle.
iPhones had wolfson DACs up until recently. It doesn't make a difference and audiophools claim to be able to hear a difference between identical DACs used in the 6 and the 6 plus. Shit's hilarious.

MSRP roughly around 91000 JPY. There were minor discounts on release, 8-10% off.

I suppose Axon 7 is missing buttons. At least it has some more RAM and the Snapdragon 820.

There are tons of smartphones trying to gain a little edge by integrating some fancy audio chip, LG V10 and V20, Meizu Pro 5 and 6, HTC M9 and 10, Axon 7, and more and more.
>wolfson DACs
You sound like the type of person that would buy a PSX for the AKM converter, which is already substanitally outperformed by most modern devices.

nah it's pretty gay.
thicc is just a word for faggots who are too ashamed to admit that they like fat chicks.

Sony make thicc phone

>Marshmellow
>Snapdragon

Why are Androidbetacucks such fucking faggots? Jesus Christ, I can smell the piss-bottles from a mile away. Cringe.

At this point all phone companys have just been reinventing the wheel for years now.

what the fuck are you talking about? Take the dildo out of your ass fat faggot, people can't understand what the are you talking about with that shit popping out of your mouth.

fuck yeah

fuck yesssss

Well at least the sound quality will improve. Although id rather not have to listen to bad hiphop in the bus at all.

How would retards explain purchasing a 20k dollaridoos placebo headset otherwise?

>not an audiophile
>tired of buying headphones with fucking weak cables that tore themselves inside every 8 months
>done some research, something affordable but with nice strong cable
>ended with shure 215
>cable is pure joy and also replaceable
>Sound is way better than expected
>Doesnt atrract much attention as they are not "look at me and my fashionable conscious headphones"

Now 99% people thinks I'm mad because I spend 99 dollaroos on headphones

I dont really get why people want to spend 600 dollaroos on a phone and ther get ultra stingy on headphones, specially when they use it as a audio device

Oh yes please

I don't give a shit about the audio quality, but for battery life, the end to the thinness meme would be wonderful. It all started because Steve Jobs wanted to make Apple devices thinner and thinner to make him feel better about getting thinner and thinner himself and of course everyone else just copies what Apple does. Well he's dead. It's time to stop it.

>>tired of buying headphones with fucking weak cables that tore themselves inside every 8 months

I've used the EarPods that came with my iPhone 5 every day since I got them. I don't understand retards like you who always miraculously break shit.

>ONKYO
>SONY

P L A C E B O P H O N E

I ain't buying a smartphone until they adopt VGA ports

>audiophile bullshit

there is only one best thicc phone

I seriously want for thiccphones, Im fed up with this thinphones that you can bend with a little pressure. Sturdy and long lasting battery is the way to go.

>B-b-b-but mooooooom its 50 grams heavier
>dont worry son we'll treat your displaced disks
>we have the technology
You must be a special snowflake then, good for you and your shitty taste in sub par headphones

But since you ask, For a Gig i had to be on transit a lot, and had to use mass trasportation sometimes at peak hours.

>shitty taste in sub par headphones

I spend a lot of time on the phone, something you probably don't know about. Speaking with silicon tips in my ears make me sound like I'm sucking dick in a tunnel underwater behind 5 meters of soundproofing. I don't want that booming in my skull when I speak. For pure music listening alone, of course they're far from brilliant, they're the best all round though and nobody makes decent open design earphones.

>I spend a lot of time on the phone, something you probably don't know about.
Man, your implications sure are funny.

You dont like silicon tips? bad for you! theres a lot of options and decent brands come with various sizes so you can get what wou need but hey, to everyone its own.

Or should I use "but thats something you probably dont know about" line?

sensible chuckle .gif

>theres a lot of options and decent brands come with various sizes so you can get what wou need

You don't get it do you? There is a fundamental issue. Sealing tips + speaking = uncomfortable and annoying booming throat vibrations in my skull. I have a very deep voice and I can't tolerate silicon tips while on a call.

They use matches to compare size? Don't they know chinese matches are a lot smaller because the size of matches on every country depends on the average dick size

This, it's really sad that instead of making an actually useful thick phone, they make one that caters to the audophile retards.

I can't listen to anything beyond 17kHz so I don't care about sampling rates above 34kHz.

>claims to like THICC
>gets hype for audiophile bullshit instead of The Bull

Disappointing.

Wtf is that undead hand

My headphone and earphone cables always broke, even though I generally take good care of the things I own, because the shitty cables could not handle repeated stress. You simply got lucky with your cables, you have no reason to feel superior about it.

THICC is taking over everything and i'm OK with that

First women now phones

That phone has very shitty specs, it's sad they didn't make it better. Also, charging current phones with huge batteries would probably take ages because of the shitty USB charging rates, even though they should be able to be charged at the same rate, theoretically.

>11.9mm
>mfw my xperia u was 12mm
>mfw my nokia 520 is 9.9mm
it's nothing, not even thick.

But 384kHz sounds much more natural. Also, 24bit sounds a lot better than 16bit. More bits and Hz => better sound, right?

You may not hear thoes tones, but that does not stop them interacting with the ones you do.

>very shitty specs

That's like to whole point famo, the specs are not that bad for the everyday user, but in-exchange you get an even better battery life.

I like it. Not too keen on the specs but am loving the thick design. Guess it's for those who use their phone as a music player and not much else.

Why trying to open up this market now? Why not 5 - 10 years ago when?

>This thicc
>3000mah battery same as every other phone
>Micro USB
>Probably 6.0 Android

It's thicc shit.

where is the proofs?

It's basic physics user.

looks like a zune

>onkyo
well, I guess as long as it doesn't have HDMI switching they should be safe...