People are browsing this board without Core2Duos right now

>people are browsing this board without Core2Duos right now

>Niggas whom'st in 2017've fallen for the multiple-cores delusion

Core 2 Duos were a really big step up from the pentium 4. They are pretty usable these days while the pentium 4, is not.

>implying there's a reason to upgrade
Gaming and Big Data are the only reason and I am involved with neither.

Am I doing this correctly?

I daily a few now and then, later P4s can still pull their weight for a lot of offline jobs and non-interactive web surfing. Even Shillamette's good enough to shitpost from with JS on.

fuck you. my pentium 4 is doing fine

EEEpc?

>not socket771 masterrace

Jewtel Classmate PC
It's kind of neat, desu

I use a core2duo to crunch my data analytics at work for multi million dollar grants. Hold on boss I'm saving the PDF it'll just be a half hour.

It ... it makes me die

Wtf user install Linux on it for
U L T I M A T E A E S T H E T I C S

XP's fine on it, eventually I'll probably swap the cute little hard disk out in it for a 64GB CF card and split it between XP and Debian so I can use it as a service box for other old shit.

>XP post-2013
Lmao why
Also that Atom is a horrid little useless shit

>64Gb CF
Why not buy an actual SSD instead? Would be faster and cheaper

I have a q6600 in my possession but fucked my motherboard :(

>i7 masterrace
>enough ram
>gpu strong enough for casual games
Yes, you did good, anything stronger us delusion in my book.

It wouldn't be much faster and probably more expensive and less reliable anyway since it takes a 1.8'' PATA disk, plus a CF card gives a little more edge case utility since you can pull it out and read it on other systems much easier.

Don't care much for speed anyway, shit's nearly 10 years old and comparatively slow no matter what, I'm more interested in shock-proofing it as much as possible to protect against light drops or shop abuse.

Mm. Fair enough. Even with a PATA to msata adapter, it'd cost more?

Might actually be the same price either way, some the 64GB mSATA SSDs are decently cheap on Ebay. Probably worth considering after all, even if I lose the ability to recover data conveniently.

Probably something way down the road anyway, since I have other projects in the way.

Magalhães

993 enough for me

fds XD

I got a Q9550

I had a similarly specced netbook back in the day

It had a sticker that said it was Vista Ready, which was the world's biggest fucking lie

thats because i upgraded from a single core amd64 cpu to a intel i5 2500k 3 years ago

The only thing that sucks right now about my machine is that the processor and the revision of the board each support 64bit, but apparently not in that combination.

you would be impressed oa how many cheap ass gigs P4's are used.

I had you hear for months the users of one of those gigs complaining to me for their slow ass computers.

Poor fuckers, god bless their souls.

Well, yeah, sad but true

Hey, I know what is its to be broke too, if thats the only thing you can afford, use it till it breaks I say. But maybe you can do the math and buy yourself something newer that uses the same watts and gives you more computational power.

P4's are motherfucking hungry for them watts and in several cases you cant justify to have them around anymore, unless you want a cheap internet connected electronic heather.

maybe something like an E2XX0 oe an E4XX0 is affordable, and you can taste the performance difference.
Vista Ready (TM) was how intel tried to market the infamous 915 chipset. People that bought onto that shit were the most difficult users for a while, ever complaining why the sticker said "capable" when in reality vista ran like shit on them.

The E6XX0 are good enough for basic tasks.
>pioneer drive
MUH NIGGAH

Just /comfy/, user.

So what?

I threw out a netbook with those specs. RIP.

>he fell for the T60 meme