New to linux

Which one should I try out first lads

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceforge.net/projects/revenge-installer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fedora. Manjaro fails when it comes to security and Antergos is just Arch with an installer that has been stuck in beta for a long time.

Devuan.

Don't fall for the NSA/systemd meme.

Ubuntu. You're just going to come back and bitch about it not being Windows, so why not start simple?

manjaro is shit
install antergos
If antergos installation fails (80% chance it will) then install fedora, but have fun with their shit package manager and repos

I jumped through several distros and Manjaro was the only one that didn't give me any problems.
XFCE is ugly but clean and minimalistic, would choose over i3 since it's your first time with a Linux distro

>bunch of pleb shit

Devuan, Gentoo, Slackware: take your pick.

Alternatively: OpenBSD

Slackware.

>Manjaro fails when it comes to security
How so?

Cause Ubuntu looks ugly

mint

Not sure if troll

if you want arch just install arch ffs its really not complicated

at most itd take you an hour to go from nothing to base installed with a full DE assuming you dont have a shit connection

dont use manjaro, its bloated and has its own repo separate from arch

dont use antergos, its installer is garbage and youll spend hours cleaning and fixing shit that it fucked up

and if youre really too dumb to follow a simple guide, just install fedora and be done with it

Unity looks ugly. This is your first lesson. Antergos Manjaro and Fedora are the same shit with different maintainers. Fedora is pretty decent on implementing security updates. You can put i3 or XFCE on any distribution so that doesn't really matter.

Go grab Arch Anywhere and NixOS and try those instead.

>Antergos
>Manjaro

Just install Arch...

sourceforge.net/projects/revenge-installer/

Memejaro is only for time travelers you fool

why?
Every reason to not use systemd is based on years of experience with older systems.
Systemd made so many things easier, new users should just embrace it and be thankful they didn't have to learn anything else.

Thank you desu

What's the general consensus on Alpine Linux?

>what is paper theme

Install Gentoo.

Nice try CIA nigger.

They really put the nigger cattle to work.

Multiboot all of them.

amything with i3 is comfy.af

jesus how many arch installers do we need

CHECKED
and not OP but maybe my brain will not be dumb and i can fix my bsd install today

Antergos.

OP you should use ubuntu

>but it looks ugly

Ubuntu does not come in one desktop only

There is ubuntu gnome(gnome)
Kubuntu(KDE)
Xubuntu(XFCE really like this one for old PCs)
Ubuntu Mate(Mate again old PCs)
Lubuntu(LXDE Can run on 128MB ram)
Comming Soon -ubuntu budgie

If you do not do this you'll start hating linux because you'll basically throw yourself into a pit of lava

>Fedora
Enjoy your botnet

Antergos, it's Arch with an installer. Also use cinnamon if you have good memory and cpu, otherwise openbox, mate, or xfce is good for weaker computers.

If you're looking for a comfy casual distro that isn't retarded to use for non-CLI users then Fedora or Debian.

If you're looking for a minimal, configurable OS that you can make as productive as possible for yourself, then Gentoo or Arch.

For servers, FreeBSD/RHEL/CentOS
Or openBSD if you're really crazy about security.

None,try Ubuntu budgie.