Why aren't you using THE BEST browser there is?

why aren't you using THE BEST browser there is?

>THE BEST

I am. I also agree with you that Firefox Nightly is the best. I'm also easing into qutebrowser on the side for when they stop supporting extensions, though.

I'm already using chrome

chrome > edge > nerd variants >>>> firefox

Do you Nightly users download and install those ~50MB daily updates? I find it rather annoying
It also keeps bothering me about sending crash reports that I don't ever remember happening

ill never understand idiots using essentially what it is a permanent beta for a browser, especially when they do no webdev or any kind of development at all

the best argument ive managed to get from you people is the logo looks better

It makes me feel like a special snowflake. I am not using Firefox, but Firefox Nightly, the super ultra awesome fast version few people know about.

I'm a dev, what features does it have over regular Firefox?

It's actually noticeably faster and more responsive than the stable ff branch. My desktop is quite good so the performance gains mean less, but they are important for me when I use my surface pro 1.

I'd say that Palemoon comes pretty close to the quickness and responsiveness of nightly, it is only marginally worse on my hardware.

Because qutebrowser exists.

not features so much as you can start developing your bullshit for things firefox changes before it hits the main stable branch most people use, which is kind of the whole point

Nah I don't tend to use experimental css if that's what you mean.

>stuff that's been around for over 10 years
>still considered "experimental"
Isn't the standardized web just fucking great?

Fuck, I liked this shit better when Microsoft just set the standard and others followed suit...

>Chrome
>Can't change any UI elements at all, ever
>Stuck with a fischer price UI designed for normies and grandmas who drag the scroll bar to scroll
top cuck

It's placebo.

This. The web developed much faster back then. I want this "open standards" meme to end!

because it breaks my addons, thus actually runs worse than stable.

If it exists in Chrome and Firefox then I wouldn't call it experimental. I mean actual experimental Firefox only vendor prefixed thing.

But that's what Mozilla is turning Firefox into

I am.

>change from dev edition to nightly
>no sound on jewtube
yeah no thanks i'll stick to dev

is it me or is audio bugged in latest nightly? whenever I open a youtube video there is no audio.

nah, me too probbaly fucked up something with the html5 audio on one of the updates

you're probably right. html5 video player is acting up too on various streaming sites. wonder how long it will take them to fix this

>implying I said that's a good thing
It's an objectively bad thing and they'll lose a lot of users over it. Ideally it's either forked or Pale Meme gets some devs and some money.

New APIs (WE etc) lands on Nightly couple months before stable.

Nightly is garbage. Updates multiple times every single day. When something is stops working most of the time it is update waiting to be downloaded. Lots of retarded glitches and broken things. Why would you want to have that shit in a web browser. Your daily web browser is supposed to be STABLE.

you can activate background updates, all you have to do is restart the browser once a day

Before it nightly would crash when you try to play video with hardware acceleration enabled on windows.

>not brave
Dropped. Never not support Based Eich the fagslayer.

You've clearly never used it before
Nightly is just as stable as the stable release, and the updates are non intrusive.
You can disable automatic updates, and also install the background service thing for it to seamlessly install them. Don't blame the browser behavior for your own incompetence.

I recently switched to Opera.

Do you know how I can change so that mouse right click menu > Go to websites always opens in a new tab? By default it opens in the same tab while holding control while doing it opens in a new tab

I'm already using nightly.

I use it to leave the telemetry on so Mozilla gets some passive and hopefully useful feedback about their latest browser.

no vimperator support, only thing keeping me using ff still

Because it's unstable.

>pulseaudio
no

>unstable
Wot? I never had a single crash on nightly.

It's right in the context menu

I don't want to see a shitty future.

Sorry I meant for links that aren't tagged as a link
like this

Lies, it's was crashing constantly not a long ago on windows if you play any video, and it was for a week, now it's fixed but sound doesn't play often now, so you need refresh page. It's garbage.

middle click or ctrl when you click Go to web address

only control click works but its annoying since it requires two hands

>not using lynx
Enjoy being cucked by proprietary JavaScript

>not using wget and cat.
Enjoy wasting cpu cycles parsing HTML

>while you're browsing the web, proprietary javascript is in bed with your wife
This is what freetards actually believe.

Wait, am I the only one in here using Vivaldi?

Nobody else is dumb enough to.

Im talking from my own experience. I had background service installed and yet almost every time something broke during browsing (for example video not loading) was because FF was ready to download update and was waiting for me to apply and restart. Youre getting some edge with nightly, true, but its not worth it. As i stated before your daily web browser is supposed to be stable as fuck.

What's bad about it?

Any improvement I can make to my mozconfig? I tried O3 instead of O2 but it didn't make any difference in terms of performance. Profile-guided optimization had some positive impact in the past but building with PGO has been broken for a while, at least for me. I gave WebRender a try but it seems to be far from finished yet since it made websites take longer to load when I included it.

mk_add_options MOZ_MAKE_FLAGS="-s --no-print-directory"

ac_add_options --enable-optimize="-O2 -march=native"
ac_add_options --disable-debug-symbols
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --enable-strip
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --enable-libjpeg-turbo
ac_add_options --disable-accessibility
ac_add_options --disable-crashreporter
ac_add_options --disable-updater
ac_add_options --disable-maintenance-service
ac_add_options --enable-jemalloc=moz
ac_add_options --with-servo=/usr/src/servo/target/geckolib/release/

>not using palemoon or iridium

um lol?

It's just chrome with a UI made in JavaScript. So, it's shit and wastes resources for no reason.

>not doing ctrl-c ctrl-t ctrl-v enter

same thing happens to me, and I need to refresh over 10 times for the sound to work

>30 fps console browsers
>best at anything

I bet your browser isn't even cute

Mine has worked fine for the last 50 updates.

Firefox now requires PulseAudio and dropped ALSA.

>using palemoon or iridium

um lol?

thanx

>chrome
Kill yourself, even if it's just a prank bro
Is it still using Chromium or it became good again?

I'm using the last good version, 12.16