Ultrabooks

I want something light (for school and business) and that's more than just a glorified tablet. Good battery life would be a huge plus. Ultrabooks seem nice but most of them are above my budget. What do you think about ultrabooks? What do you think about UX330UA ($700, 2 lb, i5 7700u, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, pic related)? Should I just stop giving a fuck about my back and get a 5+ lb notebook? Discuss about laptops, ultrabooks in particular.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZKY7RB/ref=nav_ya_signin?th=1
ebay.com/itm/282402279408
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

What OS? Doesn't matter?
Second-hand XPS or Mac, there are also some Lenovos that are excelent overall for the price, the Yoga 500. Also Thinkpads (the newer ones, with the shittier keyboard, but lighter and better screen).

Heard some bad things about the UX, but I think it's good. Can't remember what the complaint was.

Bought it two weeks ago in a i7 version, I'm really satisfied
During the one hour full load android building, keyboard didn't even get warm.
Speakers are 4/10 and the display is brutal especially because it's 1080p on 13" ultrabook
Battery lasts about 9 hours of Sup Forums + soundcloud
Sorry for the shitty camera quallity

I've got a UX-303UA. Great little machine, I've got the i5 version. Fantastic build quality, great screen quality, generally pretty awesome machine for uni.

Complaints to do with the Asus UX series generally focussed on poor durability of the hinge in older models (e.g. 2014). I'm and personally my hinge hasn't had any issues - but keep in mind that people tend to only really complain when something fucks up.

I'm in the same boat and strongly leaving towards Samsung's 2017 Notebook 9. Thin, light, sexy, great keyboard, and decent display. Starts at 1k dollarydoos with a Kaby Lake I5, 8gigs of RAM and a 256 SSD.

>diarrhea green

OS is obviously a low priority concern. But 2 in 1's make me kind of sick.

Thanks for the opinions. The green looks very hard on the eyes though.

Yeah, for any product the issues are always overrepresented as people tend to only speak up when they're upset.

Specs wise looks very similiar to UX330UA, it costs $300 more and has lower amazon score. It a wee bit lighter though. May I ask why you lean towards Notebook 9?

used macbook

X220

Your search ends here.

amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZKY7RB/ref=nav_ya_signin?th=1

ebay.com/itm/282402279408

I have a UX32VD I purchased in 2013. The build hasn't held up too well. The hinge got shitty, the hybrid HDD/SSD appears to no longer work, and there are a couple of bent/broken bits here/there (though maybe that's my fault). However, all I've read about the more recent Asus Zenbooks is that the build quality is improving. Haven't personally had a chance to test out one of them.

Autism I guess. I think the Samsung has quite a bit better build quality, much better trackpad/keyboard, and it has fast charging over USB-C. The specs are identical to the ASUS though, so I can't say it's an objectively better option.

same specs, same price and it's heavier.

Interesting, not sure what to think. Refurbished, outdated but it still costs $1000

the second part was meant for this

Anyone got any thoughts on the Lenovo Thinkpad 13?
I'm considering getting one and from the specs and reviews I've seen there isn't really anything that comes close for it's price.

Obviously it's a mid range but it seems a great bang for your buck ultrabook

user, with that weight I don't think it's correct to consider thinkpad 13 an ultrabook. also should you really get a 5 lb chromebook?

What work do you want to do?
If it's not that resource intensive, just get a Chromebook and put Linux on it.
Cheap and many have the desired features like being thin, having a long battery life, being noiseless and so on

I've actually considered chromebooks, sure you can't go wrong at those prices but I'm an engineering student. I'm afraid a chromebook would be a bad investment.