CS field rejection

just learned I'm not going to be an intern at Facebook this summer after 3 interviews.
tell me it's all going to be ok

you should go on a diet and get plastic surgery you fat ugly piece of shit.

Better to find out when you're young desu

Edgelorded again :^)

Of all the places, why work at Facebook? What is your motivation? Why did you want to go there?

There is a metric ton of awesome companies to work at. As a software engineer, Facebook would be behind my last choice.

Web Developer at Facebook here, looking at moving to a different company. You dodged a bullet.

don't get discouraged. you can work on your interview and problem solving skills and come back next year with a stronger performance. it's in your best interest to get sharper anyway.

also see there are lots of great places out there; facebook is only one of them.

I'm not gonna hate because I can imagine pay at FB must be supreme. But there is nothing about this company that would motivate me to work for them. Absolutely nothing.
In terms of contribution to society, I think an run of the mill garbage man does more.

>in all forms but current job title, I am a programmer

Why work at facebook u ask?
Because starting pay is 80ka year minimum, even intership(do math) but the biggest reason is eventough zuckerburg is wht every thinks he is, he has a heart for drop outs n grads, facebook will hire u if u failed college as long as ur passion is coding, thy dont ask for 5 years plus or for u to have connections thy just look at ur code n hire u based on tht,

Its a great place u to get ur foot threw the door in this tech world

As a junior trying for a bs in cs being shipped out to california with free housing is great and having facebook on my resume only looks better. Not to mention its a two month internship, not a position if its not to your liking you can just wait it out

jesus christ fix your txt spk you fucking retard

t. Prajeet Vishnar

All my friends lack networking ability but have some pretty great software dev/programming ability, yet they are unable to get jobs because they don't have professor/insider recommendations. I have only applied to about a dozen places with only a couple rejection emails, but one of my friends has applied to upwards of 70+ places with only a couple phone interviews.

i'm gonna work at a gas station

Facebook on your resume as an intern or as a real job?

If the latter, some ex-google employees were complaining that in some places it didn't looked that good, and on the interview, the first question was "Why you left google?" Like implying the person was a bad professional.

I had my comp tia cert for a whole 3 weeks and got a job starting at 35/hr because I'm not socially retarded.

Your friends are clearly socially retarded. It's not hard impressive some HR fag who has no idea what a variable is. I tossed out dumb shit like "port forwarding" and "application development" and this dude was creaming in his jeans over my knowledge.

What kind of job did you apply for?

Believe me, none of us are socially retarded. Even if we were socially retarded, 95% of the jobs my buddy applied for wouldn't even know since they only looked at his resumes/cover letters, etc. We all have good social skills and speak/interview well, we just haven't had the chance.

On site tech. AKA fix internet and viruses for retirees. It's a part time job to supplement basic experience earning my degree.

To be fair, I was slamming out at least 3 or 4 apps a day for those weeks. It was the instant I got that cert. But I wasn't specifically looking for on site technician, I was just applying to anything remotely similar to my degree that would guarantee experience on a resume.

Fuck, I'm in kinda a catch 22 situation atm. Be me, 30+ guy with A+/Network+/Certified Windows Sys Admin who works for state government (for 12 yrs in a totally non IT field). Been trying like hell to get state IT job, don't really care what it is long as it ain't manager type or programming/database related (dunno nothing about programming/databases). Realize that sometime during those 12 yrs nearly all the IT jobs I want have been farmed out to outside contractors and when a state job does open up that sounds interesting the HR assholes already got a name in mind for it. I could quit, join the contractors only to come right back where I was but I'd be throwing away 12 yrs of built up benefits.

Get fucking rekt faggot. I remember you from the other thread. Please cry for me. I'm hungry. Meanwhile, rip in piss. You'll never amount to anything.

Facebook is unironically the only big company worth working for. They have much better organization, collaboration, challenge and opportunities and you won't get fucked up the arse as much as with the other companies (this includes with things like bonuses, but also the likelihood of being transferred to departments you don't like or whatnot).