Have I been baby ducked so much? I tried to move my taskbar to the side of the screen for over 4 solid weeks...

Have I been baby ducked so much? I tried to move my taskbar to the side of the screen for over 4 solid weeks. I know it saves vertical space.

But as soon as I moved it to the bottom again today everything felt so much better and right at home

Same, I tried for a couple of months, forced myself, because I know it's objectively better, but it just doesn't feel right. I guess I'm a pleb.

Windows taskbars on the sides are gigantic

top master race

yeah, how many vertical space are you gonna save, 10 pixels? move it to the top so you never need to move your cursor to the bottom of the screen again

>yeah, how many vertical space are you gonna save, 10 pixels?
This. How little self esteem do you people on this board have to
a) have shitty irrelevant decisions like these dictated to you by random people on the internet
b) When finding out it doesn't work for you making so much effort to justify yourself on an anonymous image board

What does it fucking matter? Do what you like

Your brain likes it at the bottom of the screen because of gravity.

This guy gets it. Why would you not want your task bar in the same area of the screen as your application's controls?

Just autohide it.

>bottom task bar
>drag mouse in the general direction of top right edge
>click
>close the program

>top task bar
>drag mouse in the general direction of top right edge
>click
>does whatever, most likely show the desktop

I'm lazy and don't want to aim

I just leave mine on the bottom without autohide because I like the way it looks.

To combine or not combine the taskbar programs buttons?

Mine's at the top so...

>not closing windows with middle click on the its taskbar button

Fucking wintoddlers man...

Install Linux and grow up already!

is this ironic?

Fitts' law all day every day baby!

I have had my taskbar on the left side of the monitor for so many years, moving it to the bottom feels simply wrong.
My coworkers and people at uni always hate me for this.

So just keep it at the bottom and set it to auto-hide in the taskbar settings. It'll stay hidden until you move the mouse down there.

>Using Windows
Baby cucked.

Why would the taskbar go anywhere but the top? Is everyone shorter than me?

You know you can make it smaller right?

Bottom of screen, 4:3 monitor

Been going strong for over two years. Can't imagine using a computer any other way

>Have I been baby ducked so much
what the fuck are you even trying to say?

and I use different taskbar positions for different things/os/environments.
different positions is goat for vm use.

UGH you like seeing the taskbar bar pop up constantly like a ex gf's texts in the morning fuck off

It doesn't feel right because you have it on the left you silly thing.
Right is the only correct placement

>using the mouse to close a program
>not simply going alt+space+c or alt+space+n to minimize
>not using winkey+1 to 0 to quickly access programs pinned to taskbar
you're not lazy, you're just retarded
I'm lazy

Just hide the fucking thing.

top+autohide

This

fuck this, annoying as hell.

I put my taskbar on the top of my screen

I was a macfag from 2005 to 2008 and it stuck with me. That's where it belongs.

>he didn't resize it to be smaller like a cuck
lol

>windows
found your problem

>small icons
>only combine when full
why does nobody use this except me

I had it on top (and i still think it's the most convenient spot to check out the time - it's right in front of your eyes, as opposed to awkwardly looking down.)
But got a laptop with a shitty resolution, so moved the Taskbar to the right so all the windows would fit. And i honestly like it a lot. After years bottom Taskbar seems so weird to me.

Is it possible to have the Taskbar auto-hide when you're in a browser, but stay on when you're on the desktop automatically? I'd always keep it on auto-hide, but it looks off when I look at my desktop and only see my wallpaper.

This is really nitpicky, I understand that.

This.

Unity tweak tool does that.

If you do that then why even worry about taskbar placement? Just hide it at that point.