I want a laptop, but I also never got to building a PC. Is there any good gaming laptops...

I want a laptop, but I also never got to building a PC. Is there any good gaming laptops? Or would getting a "gaming" laptop screw me over?

Other urls found in this thread:

hidevolution.com/evoc-p870km1-dual-gtx-1080.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/VF96xY
kvalitetsdatorer.se/se/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Or would getting a "gaming" laptop screw me over?
Yes it would.

Things that make a laptop good are directly against what makes a good gaming system.
Gaming laptops are expensive, heavy, and power hungry AND still under perform their desktop counter parts.

Just get a gaming PC + chromebook (or other cheap laptop)

Dell inspiron 7559 not bad at all

That entirely depends on your expectations and your requirements.

Do you actually MOVE the computer more than once a year? That is a reason that would solely warrant a "gaming" laptop, no matter how bad they might look spec-wise in comparison to a desktop.

If you answered "no" to the first question, then why would you want a gaming *laptop* in the first place?

Yes. It would be better if I wasn't confined to a desk and I could use it anywhere. I wouldn't care how expensive, heavy, power hungry, or loud it is. I would just want something where I could go anywhere, and play games in good quality.

XPS is what you want, my man

Basically Except with what games you playing. If it's mobas and Nintendo like titles then just a shitty laptop will do.
Everything else will be much better on PC. Unless you can find a top spec laptop with a 24-27" screen.
No, using a screen with the laptop is not an adequate substitute. Especially price wise.

Appreciate the input.

Oh. And key placement on the laptop. Often they're right up to the screen. Playing games while knuckling the screen isn't much fun.

Look for stuff that's GTX 1060/1070

Acer is the cheapest, but the heaviest.

ASUS looks like the best weight and price.

also looking at gaming laptop, not sure how an i7-7700hq compares to an i7-7700u but I think u is better? looking at an msi apache with the i7-7700hq and 16gb ram, 1tb hard drive for 1300 anyone able to convince me to either do it or to buy something better?

HQ = 4C/8T
U = 2C/4T

so that means HQ is better right? sorry I know nothing about these things

Yes. Bit of a Ryzen like situation. Nice to grab as many cores as you can for laptop performance.

My toaster of a laptop plays PS3 gen games fine and I"m happy with it and it's like 4 years old.

I'd just say pour most of your budget into a desktop and just get a decent laptop or even a tablet depending on what features you need.

I'm also curious about gaming laptops. I do need the mobility (a desktop just isn't convenient for me, not for another 5-6 years minimum, otherwise I'd be on that) of a laptop, but I'd also like to be able to play some newer releases time to time.

I've given laptops a cursory glance, but I actually don't really know where to start. If I'm not misinformed, stuff from Alienware and Razer are overpriced/overhyped, but what about offerings from MSI, Gigabyte, and Asus's ROG? Two of my friends have ROG's and are pleased with it, and a few of my acquaintances have MSI's, but they all seem a bit much for me. I kind of like Gigabyte's prices for what they offer, but again, I don't know where to start for pricing and content.

Anyone have some tips on where to start looking if I'm on a (relatively) tight budget? ~$1000.

>I just want to run DOOM and some other recent releases on full beauty mode

Yes but the HW series is three times the tdp and heat of the U series
Kaby lake made a big step forward in battery life if you're willing to live with two cores with HT

Take it from someone who has bought a gaming laptop before desu they are shit don't do it

This has better specs than any other laptop.

Desktop processor in a laptop.
hidevolution.com/evoc-p870km1-dual-gtx-1080.html

What's a good laptop thats in between gaming and business, but doesn't cost more than 1300? For games, mostly slightly older titles, and I don't mind that bad graphics, and for business I mean that the battery lasts a goos while, and most of the programs or code run relatively fast.

If you're just looking to build a PC for Overwatch, it really shouldn't be that expensive. Overwatch at 1080p and around 60fps isn't that hard to achieve even on aging machines, especially considering low settings don't look that much worse than high.

pcpartpicker.com/list/VF96xY

Get a MSI stealth for something thin and powerful and Alienware 25 r4 with 1070 for ultimate power

Don't worry about processor they all clock up to 3.5ghz even as mobile

I move my desktop about once a month and when I decided around upgrade time a gaming laptop would be good I chickened out because muh CPU clock

Now I see 7700HQ clocking high while my desktop still breaks my back in movement and dangerous for car transport

Dell 15 7000 gaming one downside TN panel, great battery life still

Asus cheap gaming options
Downside battery life

Acer nitro laptops
Downside none looks like maybe battery

All these have at least a 1050 which plays most games at high setting and 60fps

>not building an ITX box
goddamn man, just get yourself an elite 110 and put a 1080 build in it for portable gaymen.

I don't mind tn screens, I use it on my desktop as well.
Where can I get dell in europe though? I can't find the gaming one on amazon.
What is the best option out of those?

pls respond

all consumer laptops are complete trash
get a refurbished business laptop like a thinkpad or elitebook

Okay, but which ones are they, can I play games on them and are they not too expensive?

you can get them with dedicated graphics. where are you buying from?

Most likely amazon.de since I'm from europe and don't know any other sellers.

Try finding a dealer based in your country.
I bought my laptop from these guys: kvalitetsdatorer.se/se/
I'm happy with it.

Thing is, I don't know which laptop to buy though. I described my budget and specs but have no idea which are good since its my first time buying one

Don't buy a gaming laptop. There are laptops that have decent looks, excellent cpu performance, and decent gpu performance, while still keeping a good form factor. Something like a Yoga 720 or XPS 15 9560 are both good choices.

Xps doesn't have an ethernet port though, otherwise I'd buy it

It's not 2011 anymore, gaming laptops are fast as fuck now.

t. someone who's been using a 2013 laptop as his daily driver for everything the past four years

So which one of the newer ones do you recommend?
Are the ones mentioned above good for the price?

pls respond

Dell. Com