Is Russia ok to move to? What would the difficulty level be?

Is Russia ok to move to? What would the difficulty level be?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Russian_innovation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Russian is one of the hardest languages for a native english speaker to learn after chinese,Japanese and korean

It's ok if you have money. Just don't settle in suburbs of a big city to have quick access to everything you might need and you are set for a good ride with four seasons of beautiful nature and 365 days of gorgeous women.

>going to a post-soviet shithole full of violent slavs, neo nazi gangs targeting tourists, a madman dictator whos literally waging war, and a place where rubles arent worth jack shit
are you a masochist?

>don't
i meant to say do.

Hi Mikola, how's life at the whitest land on Earth?

i do NOT know
i SHALL be moving to England promptly

I know how to read the moonrunes, but I can see why. Weird grammar. Still suck at speaking/typing it myself though.
Is it hard to get a job there if you're a foreigner? I don't have enough money to live off of without work.

>England
>White
U 'avin a giggle mate?

arabs at least invented some stuff
what did slavs ever contribute to mankind?

Why would you do that

he wants to POLISH his squat i guess

I respect the Russian male spirit and don't have any ties to my current country.

>Is it hard to get a job there if you're a foreigner?
Yes, if you are a useless bum coming here without a clear plan. The best thing you can do is find a long-term employment offer in an international company with an office in Moscow/Saint Petersburg and volunteer to a position in that branch (most reasonable people tend not to want working in such places fot too long, hence, bigger paychecks and lax requirements). Otherwise, stay out, shit will be hard for you.

>I respect the Russian male spirit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Russian_innovation

Pathetic bait mate

I see. Thanks.
You dropped your smug reaction image.

>defending RUSsia
>implyngRUS(sia) isnt a mish mash of lands and peoplos
haha

here it is

>move to Russia
>get killed
Be careful not to get killed.

>Is it hard to get a job there if you're a foreigner?
Dark Souls - tier hard. It's hard as fuck even if you're a native. Economy's in a downturn and there're literally no good vacancies. And even if you do - good luck with getting paid

this meme needs to die. It's way easier than any asian language and only marginally harder than, say, german. Anyone with half a brain can learn it.

I lived in Russia. Do not move there. The job market is kinda shit even for people with citizenship who have lived there all their lives. You will be at a significant disadvantage until you learn the language well enough to qualify for a decent job, but even then you most likely won't find one that even slightly compares to what you could find in Europe or the US. Honestly the only good way to go about moving and living there as a foreigner is to work in a European/American firm there.

Phonetics is a major butthurt for foreigners, something like pronouncing щ and ы right. Also, using пaдeжи correctly is sometimes hard even for native speakers. But from what I've heard, understanding spoken word is relatively easy, reading is probably easier than english if you remember where the stress is. Writing has some tricky rules, verbs and emm participles? are quite irritating, and everybody keeps misspelling words with double consonants.

As for the job market, major this. I'm currently graduating a very solid uni, and literally don't have any really good option, so I'm going for masters in Europe - maybe I'll be luckier there

Are you serious, lol? Would change my citizenship with you every moment. What have you forgotten in this poor authoritarian shithole? Russia is a poor country with average salary of 300$, we have many unsafe areas, our government are literraly fascist degenerates, our economy is collapsing.

Only Moscow is comfortable to life.

Even Moscow couldn't be.

>high homicide rate
>The average salary isn't high, but the prices are high
>too cold for most Americans

Properly learning the phonetics of a second language is hard for any adult regardless of the target language. I've pretty much never met a non-native English speaker who properly speaks English with a 100% natural sounding accent. Russian phonetics are marginally more difficult for English speakers to learn than other European languages due to soft consonants and the ш/щ contrast mostly. not being able to pronounce ы is just laziness.

>Also, using пaдeжи correctly is sometimes hard even for native speakers
can't argue with that, but there's a difference between not knowing when to say пoлнo чeгo vs чeм and just completely butchering cases to the point that nothing makes sense. You can learn the cases well enough to communicate pretty quickly.

>Writing has some tricky rules, verbs and emm participles?
Writing is a pain in the ass. Thank god I studied math while I was in Russia. The one Russian language course they had me take focused mainly on spelling and writing (it was aimed at people who were born outside of Russia but spoke Russian) and it was hell. I failed almost every кoнтpoльнaя on spelling/transcribing lel.

それです

It's not comfortable by European standards. I guess even fuckin Warsaws and Bratislavas are more comfy, not mentioning real Europe.
Centre: impossible to live in with traffic, people on the street, no trees and shit.
Outskirts: Most of them are full of bydlo, aggressive football schoolboys and so. Comfy only if you was born there and drink vodka in a street in a weekend yourself (as me).
All the jobs are in the centre so you would have to travel 1-2 hours every morning and evening. And it's the most safe and comfy city of Russia. I cannot imagine the reason why any westerner would like to live here. Okay, there are poor places where people from richer countries live like Thailand or Goa, but that's all because of nature, climate which are shit here and they all have foreign sources of income.

Average salary in Moscow is 500$.
French hobos get 700$ as a welfare.

>пaдeжи
new speaker here, would that be pronounced Padezhyi? phonetically it looks so, but it comes out as pedejia.

pah-dee-zhee
(dee, not de, because stress on last syllable)

there's no good way to transcribe it, but it'd be padezhY with stress on the last vowel. The last vowel is written и but pronounced ы because of some meme writing rules.

shit, does д always make dee?

what he means is the e reduces to something a bit closer to и because of its distance from the word's main stress. the д is also soft because of the e.

It's not the case, is right

huh, I guess that's pretty similar to some of the grammatical rules we have in English. does that knd of thing happpen a lot?

There're a lot of cases where it's unclear from pronunciation whether to write o or a, e or и

it happens to literally every vowel. The word хopoшo has three different vowel sounds despite them all being written o, for example. It's really not as big a deal as it sounds like though, you get a feel for how things reduce naturally if you listen to natives speaking a lot.

christ. I won't be talking to many people I don't think. I live in AZ, nothing but spics and white crack heads here. I don't think I'll ever really learn to speak it, I'm slowly learning the alphabet and grammar though.

Lol, "opo" words are quite funny, because in villages and even smaller cities they're still pronounced as it's written

Where are you gonna work?

I think it would be almost impossible to learn Russian for foreigner.
Difficult pronunciation
Weird grammar
Lack of similar word roots to English and most of European languages
The only people who can learn Russian are either other Slavs (similar grammar, common words), Middle Asians (many Turk word roots, also surrounded by Russian since young age) or Latin Americans (similar pronunciation).

Does Russian have a weird grammar?

>or Latin Americans (similar pronunciation)
I've noticed. like the similarity to y and и (and), and мoи and mí