1080ti with 4k tv

should i get a 1080ti, the evga one pictured when it comes out, for use with my 4k tv, and get a better monitor later or should i get a 1080/1070 with a 2560x1440 monitor now?

a lot of fags are gonna tell you that a 1070 is enough. but if you want a card that is gonna be relevant for longer i would suggest going for the 1080ti.

This is true. 'Ti' are the only real cards for a couple of years now.

>4k tv

>gaming at 60 hz

It really depends what you use your PC for.

Wait on the monitor. They're overpriced. And depending on what card you've got now, you may want to hold out till VEGA.

>It really depends what you use your PC for.
mostly rpgs and racing games

my whole computer got fucked late last year, i've been using the integrated gpu in my 6600k since august

Slap a 1070 in it and use the TV, save ya cash for a new build in six months. Your current games aren't that demanding. Consider the 1070 as a fallback card for your next rig.

Then get a 1440p 144hz monitor with the 1080

i'm not building anything new for at least another year, i tend to keep cpus/motherboards/ram for at least 2-3 years before wanting to upgrade them, i change out gpus's maybe every year or 2 depending on how good of a gpu i get

>Pay 4 times as much
>Get only 20% more boner
ti fags btfo

two rx 480s and the monitor.

i hate nvidia, but that card if pretty fucking sexy.

Personally I don't think 4k gaming is there yet. Between the TV and monitor choices and GPU it just doesn't seem "worth it". 1070's just hit around $285 (zotac) recently. I'd likely sit this one out if I was planning to upgrade atm and wait for the next. If by some chance I was a streamer or required a high end GPU to make my living I'd possibly upgrade to a 1080(Ti) regardless. It's a bit late in the game to perform this upgrade though imo.

So I have a gtx 980 and I've been thinking about upgrading. What would be the wisest choice for another nvidia card?

I got two, I regret nothing. Rock solid 100fps @ 3440x1440. Everything I've tried at 4k 60fps is flawless. This is the biggest performance gain I've ever seen from a single gen. I swapped from two 980 Ti's. Selling those for $650 so not too bad on the pocket.

Acer ET430K

can your tv even accept 4k 60hz? hdmi 1.4 is 30hz max iirc

I want to get a 1440p +140hz monitor for my computer. Can my i5-4690K processor & gtx 970 graphics card keep up, or will I drop in FPS dramatically? I currently get around 140 fps in Overwatch (witha 1080p 60 Hz screen).

Pls help, pls pls pls pls pls

>20%
Confirmed for not once saw the benchmarks

if i had a 1060 6gb or a 1070 or a card with similar performance, i wouldn't even be thinking of getting a new video card

yep, i got it specifically because it had hdmi 2.0 ports for 4K 60Hz

Is 1440p too much for 24"?

yeah thats gonna look awful
try for 1440p @ 27~30"...32" at most

My EVGA FE 1080Ti is shipping right now

This, fuck those 1070 poorfags

>mostly rpgs and racing games
you're an idiot if you think you can game on any modern system at 60fps.

Get a real monitor you idiot.

kek, not even the 1070 can get such high frame rates on 1440p, you're fucked kiddo

Get a jew-sync monitor.

aftermarket cards fucking when?

never buy evga until someone checked the cooling solution by taking it off an looking at how and what is cooled so you can avoid having your shitassexpensive card exploding