Actually pretty based

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegra#Tegra_X1
kyokojap.myweb.hinet.net/gpu_gflops/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

/thread

>A phone-tier SoC

No wonder it can barely play zelda at 30fps in 900p/720p

Gotta love all the nintendrones that said it would be 1080p 60fps.

>Mflops

At this point I've stopped caring about specs and performance of Nintendo products. They have a niche, and the target audience is only buying them for the Nintendo games and ecosystem.

Doesn't matter how shit the specs are, Nintendo has been the reigning king of exclusives, and that's why people keep coming back.

They should have just made 2 versions. 1 for handheld gaming that plays games at 720p, and 1 slightly more powerful version for console gaming that can play games at 1080p but doesn't have a screen.

At like 300 Mhz, the nintendo gender switch 64 can barely manage 20 fps on chronicles of link the mountaincuck

>Actually pretty shit

The whole gimmick of the Switch is to consolidate the hand-held and console into one device you dipshit. You missed the entire point completely.

holy fucking shit go back to Sup Forums NOW

Are you expecting neckbearded NEETs to understand the point of something that you can take outside?

You got me there

are expecting anyone but a neckbeard to take his games outside?

that doesn't work hence why wii u sold like shit

>A phone-tier SoC
For a mobile device. I'm not seeing the problem here.

One Zelda game ever (A Link Between Worlds) was 60fps. No one thought it would be 60fps.

everyone did because they said it's a wii u game and that the switch is way more powerful so it'll be 1080p/60

To be fair, all games before the 3d console era ran at 60 fps.

Now we have a nice conundrum here. So there is no market for the Switch?

Neckbeards are the only ones who would play outside/Neckbeards don't go outside nearly enough for portability to be a selling point

Asian nerds will however.

scrimmy bingus tier kids will

Lots of people did. Mostly because: "While playing the game at the Switch event in Europe, Eurogamer was told that Nintendo aims to bring Zelda: Breath of the Wild up to 1080p at 60fps when docked. "

Nintendo just tricked people into beliving it. I never did, but most who heard about it would.

It does put a lot of people off from the console tho. Weak hardware is also the reason why nintendo simply don't have any real third party support.

you know what the absolute worst part for me is? this is nintendo, there may never BE a Hi-Res version of this game, they're not going to ever release a 4k version later on, because this stupid "console" it nintendo with one foot out the fucking door of the console industry. the next time this fucking game appears it will be on the MiiTab, nintendo's new tablet!

Zelda will never be in 4k. never be 60fps. never have nice textures and models. never.

are you baiting for someone to mention CEMU?

I was thinking this too CEMU is a bit from being playable but it already runs amazingly well.

Nintendo switch is a pretty good for a tablet

Fuck off.

>tegra x1
>not technology

>The GBC is 60 fps
>The GBA is 60 fps

So, there's at least 4 more 60 fps Zelda games that came out post-OoT

WRONG.jpg

Not even weak hardware as much as weird hardware (cartridges/weird controllers on n64, mini discs on GC, wiimotes, wiiu tablet controller, the switch in general).

>Zelda will never be in 4K
Emulators bro, WW looks great on dolphin

>Zelda will never be in 60 fps
As mentioned the 2D zeldas basically all are 60 FPS

Stop posting that chart, it was already fixed, yet you post the wrong/old version with "mflops".

This graph was made by me. As embarrassing as it is..
Yes it is fixed now but I think you're confusing it with something else?

>mega flops
mega faggot

that isnt what he was saying at all. the switch (a vidya console) belongs on Sup Forums retard

>technology
>does not belong on Sup Forums

Go back to your desktop threads you retarded faggot. We are more than allowed to discuss console hardware here.

if you posted it on Sup Forums we wouldn't have to deal with mongs like you and you would get your dick sucked by neckbeards with similar tastes. everybody wins

go back to your battlestation thread

>we
Speak for yourself, faggot.

>technology is serious business and should never be fun

Runs at 60 fps actually
here's your (You)

What if I told you kids that in 1985 we played Mario with shit tier graphics and yet we loved it?

Kids today don't care grandpa, where are the guns and Transexual PoC leads?

this is just incorrect information

is that a bannable offense? or are all boards basically Sup Forums now?

SMB3 still has GOAT tier visual design for a platformer. Even after all these decades nothing has even come close.

change mflop to gflops and it's correct

no its still not correct

yes it is

Just wait until the New Nintendo Switch for the hardware improvements.

This isn't really true. The switch soc is capable of nearly 500 gflops in docked mode. But more importantly, gflops aren't even a measure of 3d performance so who cares?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegra#Tegra_X1

>allowed
you are aloud to post and discuss that shit here id rather not see it. you people are a disease on this board and should go plague Sup Forums instead

the switch is an inferiar piece of hardware and all of you know it

>Go back to your desktop thread

i will along with my superior hardwarehave fun with your 720p pleds

>Wii U Zelda runs at 720p/30fps
>Switch Zelda runs at 900p/30fps docked or 720p/30fps undocked
>Both have frame dips in certain areas when lots of shit is going on
>Game still manages to look beautiful and like a playable anime with the art style
>"lmao look at this shit how pathetic can't even stand up to the Xbox One"

>Meanwhile, pic related is an Xbox One / PS4 multiplat that runs at 60fps and nobody bats an eye

It's not always about the resolution you know?

Have you looked at any of the Switch threads here? They tend to be at least 60%+ Sup Forums-style shitposting. If I wanted to go to Sup Forums I would go there and not Sup Forums.

no, was specifically talking about nintendo branded stuff. if the CEMU port can do it nearly 99% bug free then i will absolutely look into that, though by then, i'll have already played the game for nearly 100 hours.

>ps4 almost 20x faster than switch
>silky smooth 20fps in flagship game

Why would you play a game that still has a 1% chance of not working properly?

>Zelda will never be in 4k. never be 60fps. never have nice textures and models. never.
Maybe in 13 years or something? I mean, when the standard is maybe 16k or something.

Do either of you know how to argue, or are you literal children?

source?

>it doesn't matter because the human eye can't see more than art style fps

Because your dumbass didn't spend $500 on the new Sony PlayStation 4 Pro™ home video game console that supports Boost (read: BEAST) Mode that allows older games released before the introduction of the Sony PlayStation 4 Pro™ to take full advantage of the extra hardware and run Bloodborne™ slightly faster and with 1-2 seconds taken off load times!

Please, do not ask us why we marketed it as a 4k solution when it cannot even play 4k Blu-Rays and only does 4k HDR scaling instead of raw 4k output!

Post this shit on Sup Forums retard

An elementary school kid.
Wonder why Pokemon got so popular?

It had an anime and was heavily marketed towards kids in every single fucking way imaginable since they had the 90's Nintendo money?

>At this point
Wait, you didnt known this already since the DS?

Best handheld gaming device ever.

You are retarded. The x1 runs downclocked in the switch even in docked mode. It's about 350gflops docked and half that mobile.

Not only is the flops low but the memory bandwidth is abysmal. The soc basically can't get full utilization in docked mode because of it. The rehearsal x1 is a piece of shit.

It works on the 3DS which is why it still sells like hotcakes

It works on the Switch which is why it has already outsold the first 5 years of WiiU in one week

It would work better in Japan. It's perfect for Monster Hunter parties and Splatoon 2 local tournaments are much more feasible there than the US. Who would have thought a Japanese company would design their console with the Japanese market and lifestyle in mind.

>it has already outsold the first 5 years of WiiU in one week

WRONG

It's downclocked. The rumored performance mode may unlock the full x1 power but I dont have a solid source on that.

It's correct other than the basic mistake yes. If you have source for the "performance mode" or newer info, go ahead.

Either way, let's say it lets devs use the full speed of the x1. That's still just a ~500gflops, equal to a now last gen 820 smartphone.

it would make sense for docked mode, right? or is the cooling not good enough?

>best selling console since decades
>nvidia hardware

People know how to uncuck themselves it seems

and now these people are in their 20s still buying pokemon even though it's objectively the same shit over and over again and the only reason they buy it is out of habit

Cooling isn't good enough. The dock needs a fan or something. After using mine for a few consecutive hours it gets hot as hell to the point where I worry about it a little.

Oh wow, a $300 device is slower than a $700 device, really makes you think.

Cooling probably isnt enough, it's hard to fit that in a relatively slim console.

Maybe nvidia could make them a little bit cheaper by selling the ones that clocks low, but that's just speculation.

I'm kind of surprised that an actively cooled system can't dissipate like 15W worth of heat

I got a passively cooled Shield Tablet with a Tegra that consumes 10-15W at peak load and it doesn't seem to throttle either, at least I can play Trine 2 without issues for 2 hours until the battery runs out

it has a 19Wh battery so in an hour the device consumes 9.5W while playing Trine 2, though it gets hot as fuck

>$700
Nice cherrypick.
g5s have were avalible for $350 here, there's the oneplus 3 for ~$350 too, and there's lenovo phones with that SoC for $250. All like a year before the switch, when mobile SoCs improve so quickly.

And that's with much better screens, build quality, battery life(granted, different tasks) and so on.

Source?

he's just lying.

It's pretty standard for game consoles to use last year's hardware at launch. What's more important is that game devs will always optimize dedicated game console hardware to its full extent, so I wouldn't be surprised if software on the switch is still outperforming android phones that are 4x faster than it even three years down the road from now.

People who write android software are some of the laziest developers in the world, so what good is powerful hardware when everything will run like shit on it?

yeah that nice and all but can it run gentoo?

id never get a switch but i can at least see a few arguments for buying an underclocked tegra

80 bucks for a fucking controller is absurd though

nintendo is shitting on people and theyre begging for more

But it's $70, only $10 more than ps4 and xbone controllers. Plus it's objectively better than both.

Correct me if I'm wrong, guys, but aren't they going to release the dark souls trilogy on the switch? I can't remember where I read it...

As someone who doesn't fuck around with Nintendo anymore, that's probably the only reason why I'd even consider this thing. Nintendo's market is too niche.

I have a pro controller and honestly, I'm thinking about selling it as I personally find it nowhere near as comfortable as just using the joycon grip. The idea of potentially needing to buy the charging grip was kinda off putting but so far, I haven't had any issue with the joycons' battery lives even after using them for hours so there's no need for it.

How many replies before someone actually posts
[citation needed]? Seriously, kids are so easily baited these days.

>Correct me if I'm wrong, guys, but aren't they going to release the dark souls trilogy on the switch?
It was an unfounded rumour.

I mean, there's nothing stopping them. The console is definitely powerful enough to run I and II, and probably III with fair amount of graphics downgrading. I wouldn't get your hopes up yet.

Unfounded rumour, but From Software is confirmed to be developing SOMETHING for the Switch, we just don't know what it is yet.

No, Nintendo only confirmed fromsoft is interested in maybe working with the switch. There is nothing that says any development is actually happening.

>It's pretty standard for game consoles to use last year's hardware at launch.
Indeed. Only now were's comparing a stationary consoled (docked mode) to last years PHONES. If it was marketed as a 3ds replacement I wouldn't bother. It's obliterated by 3 year old console hardware.

kyokojap.myweb.hinet.net/gpu_gflops/
Go ahead and calculate the switch flops yourself.

Do you really think the switch is more powerful than that? if so, you're right, kids really are gullible.