How do you store your audiophiles? i use flac

how do you store your audiophiles? i use flac

me too

192 kbps mp3 files

cuck'd

7zip

the only patrician format

I decipher the audio data from a YouTube bitstream dump in Wireshark (after capturing the entire video in there of course) and masturbate my dick in such a manner that the vibrations replicate the exact sounds. You should see it as it's really quite amazing.

flac for archive and opus for portable use.

>flac tracks
>hires scans in tiff
>fat16 filenames
>front cover in 256x256 jpeg
>md5 checksum
previously used wavpack images with embedded cuesheets, but preserving the audio cd structure seemed kinda pointless, as the reebok standard has declined.

makes it easy to transcode into opus for your mobile phone, or burn audio cd's for elder relatives

32-bit/384KHz FLAC with bitmap scans of the cover artwork.

Transcode to 512KBps Opus and PNG for my mobile phone.

/thread

>using a format without 44.1 kHz support

Kek

But user, 48KHz is more than 44.1KHz.

But most audio sources are available in 44.1 kHz and you must convert them to 48 kHz, losing quality in the process.

Resampling to 48khz is indistinguishable from native 44.1khz.

>losing quality in the process
It is a lossy codec, you know. There are going to be losses either way.
Also, I highly doubt you can tell the difference between a 44.1kHz source resampled into 44.8kHz.

>44.8kHz
48kHz*

128kbps wav files. The human ear can't hear anything above 130kbps, so "HD audio" is just a cuck meme.

>Referring to uncompressed PCM or anything lossless in terms of bits per second
What an unhelpful thing to say.

I have my whole collection for my music player in 192kbps vorbis. would I save a lot of space for comparable quality in opus? or even aac?

ogg and 128kps

Unless you have a lossless source, NEVER transcode.
All you're going to get is generation loss.

opus is better than aac. you won't hear any difference unless you got golden ears. It's the perfect portable format

>flawless autism codec
no thanks
128kbps vbr

usually its not really audible if its done only once. tried this with 320kbps mp3 to ogg

You're stupid.

t. someone who never actually tried that

>flac for archive and flac for portable use because storage is literally a non-issue

fixed that for ya

How is it not stupid?
If you weren't stupid, you would download everything in FLAC, and then you can transcode it to whatever damn format you want to as many times as you want (unless you're stupid and delete the originals). That means you can enjoy all of the advancements is audio codecs as they come out, instead of being limited to whatever you started with. Just think of all of those MP3s from the 90s/early 2000s which are pure garbage, due to MP3 encoders being way shittier back then.
I don't even really claim to be able to tell the difference between lossless source and a stupidly high bitrate encode, but in principle, lossy to lossy transcodes should never be done.

This.

Any higher is for sneauflakes.

some things arent available in flac tho. many older things may only be available as 192kbps or less mp3 if its not some popular american thing. and you cant get the original cd or if its possible it will cost 500€

> Actually believes this will make a noticeable difference.

This

you must BE FUCKING DEAF YOU FUCKING PEASANT

V0 MP3

You are imagining things. You're just riding the placebo train.

hey Sup Forums

What software do you use to convert FLAC to MP3 V0?

easiest is using foobar2000 (mass conversions), but you can also use LameDropXPd, which supports FLAC input and is easy to setup.
>rarewares.org/mp3-lamedrop.php

I keep my audiophiles in a dark room full of screaming babboons like everyone else. I let them eat the babboons, making refills every now and then

why do you ask?

i need a LAME (MP3 codec?) plugin for Foobar it seems, but when i try to download it nothing happens, its a clusterfuck

and that LameDropXPd has no options for V0

you can download lame at rarewares too. then just drop it in your foobar2000 directory and point the program to it if it can't find it by itself.
>rarewares.org/mp3-lame-bundle.php

also, lamedropxpd does support v0
>pic related

thanks bruh

i downloaded that LAME shit and put it into my Foobar direcotry and now it works perfectly

i think im gonna conver all my FLAC shit to V0 and save like 500GB space

ALAC

>risking irrecoverable distortion for the sake of a few megabytes in an age where terabyte drives are $50

Whatever the half dead torrents for obscure synthwave are in.

the windows mixer resamples 44.1 into 44.1

if you want to store your archive as mp3, it's better to go for 320 kbps cbr, as it's perpetually lossless (but not really). If you're willing to go as high as V0 you're better off with 320 since there's a very small difference size-wise.

V2 is more than enough for human ears & stereo playback.

the best of course is to buy a cheap 1TB usb drive an stash all your flac files there. that way you're future proof.

the year is 2030

people will still have MP3s on their PC
you just cant kill it

i know several people who don't know what mp3 is. all they know is spotify & youtube

>i know several people who don't know what mp3

this is a 18+ website, fuck off kid

i'm 36 and i'm not joking. Those people are tweenies at my work

Not everyone is a 1337 computer savy badass like you that watched Mr Robot.

Yeah. MP3 is already dead as the audio track of a movie file, though. Nobody distributes MPEG-1 or DivX AVI videos anymore.

its true tho. most people do not know how their devices work. would expect that people here know but any normalfag you can meet outside does not.

i'm considered a hacker because i have a my music on a 64GB micro-sd

Maybe you consider yourself a hacker, but nobody else cares really. Even normal people.

i'm not a hacker. just dumbass who's somewhat interested in tech & linux

I create clay urns on a 33 ⅓ rpm potter's wheel placed next to my transistor radio tuned to a 80's pop station. My philes are stored within.

Hurr i can't differ 1080p from 4k.
Try to save a mp3 file 5 times in a row
Now do this with uncompressed wav file.
You'll hear the difference

Me too.
On both external drive and some DVDs (sneakernet and music club purposes).

More devices have trouble playing back 44.1KHz files then they do 48KHz.
Also resampling from 48 to 44.1 rarely poses a problem on a modern resampler

APE Masterrace faggot

1080p vs 4k is more comparable to 96khz vs 44

and no, you can't tell the difference

>that way you're future proof.
What do you even mean with future proof? What have to happen in the future?

formats change, you have a lossless source to transcode from

But mp3 and opus are already perfect to the point you can't hear any difference from flac

1. you can
2. what are second generation losses

it's about preservation. would you throw away a comic or a book just because you've read it and now you can remember it forever?

I use the best format available which is at most 24bit FLAC at whatever simple rate. I do tend to resample add truncate "high resolution" files to save space.

You sound like a perfect fit for a staff position at redacted.ch

The difference between 192kbps mp3 and lossless (or higher bitrate mp3/opus) is somewhat noticeable for certain genres.

You gotta be 18+ to post here

>ITT people with 99 dollar ATH-m50s telling others what they can and can't hear

> .wav

I have gotten my hands on some JBL coupons to get 40% discount on some of their latest gear, just looking if anyone is interested in buying them, thanks

wtf i hate your mom now

I make a hexdump and print that out and laminate the paper. I have yet to find another format that doesn't suffer from bit degration.

You actually gain quality in that process.

Is this a new meme where you try to make fun of the ridiculous extents audiophiles go through with their music?
Cause literally nobody in the thread is doing this, you're just shitpost I guess towards yourself

In that case your music should be in 1hertz, because we only have 1 heart

FLAC for storage and transcoded to opus for streaming to my phone.

I only listen to pure analog vinyl records.
I hook them up to my Crosley, put it on my lap, lay back and then play it through my computer and its speaker. Anyone saving things as giant files on your mp3 player are plebs.

I an even take my classic Crosley record player on the go.

>enjoying distortion

It's not funny
I really don't understand what you think you're doing but everyone in this thread has just said they have their shit in FLAC and you are pretending like everyone is trying to peddle you cable rocks

I buy most of the music I like I buy it on whatever format it's available on, with LP/Vinyl>CD>Digital>Cassette(If it's really cheap) as my order of preference. Most of the time brand new LPs and CDs come with a digital download code which gets you 320kbps MP3s, which I'm fine with. If they don't come with a digital download or I'm not happy with the digital mastering, I just rip the CD or transfer the LP to my computer, and save it as FLAC. I still convert it to 320kbps MP3 for use in playback devices, though.

And I missed a stop. Now I look like a fucking teenager, great. (polite sage)

That's so 1997.

Opus doesn't really have a native internal rate. Everything is turned into a frequency representation that spans 0-20kHz.

storing data is for luddites

ampcucks out

I lock my audiophiles in the basement with ballgags and blindfolds

24 bit 192khz 4000kb/s+ FLAC or

Josef Fritzl?

>integer bit depths
32 bit IEEE at the very least

What's the best place to find flac? Any old torrent site? It's been almost 2 years since I've actually downloaded music.

ffshrine

I used to be obsessed with FLAC.
I would have all my shit in FLAC and be elitist about it etc.

But then one day i listened to a simple MP3 in 320kb and realized that i could hear every single detail all the same.
I started cross checking and indeed, suddently my ears got accustomed to picking up all the minutiae i used to obsess over when i only listened to FLAC.
So i realized FLAC was nothing but a magnifying glass upon the tracks, a crutch i needed to evolve my hearing and appreciation of the details in music, and now i simply didn't need it anymore.
Been listening to 320kb MP3s ever since and haven't looked back once.

I actually personally know a musician that these days listens to music exclusively at a VERY LOW volume, and he can pick up everything all the same.
It seems like there's different "tiers" of training your ears to pick up and understand music and the less experienced you are with it, the more crutches you need.

if you had actually good hearing you would realize that mp3 smears all the details

bet you never listened to a diff of mp3 and lossless