/rpt/ - Real Programming Thread

Or I'd call it "relevant programming thread".
No animoo.
No C(irclejerk).
No Hasklel.
This thread is for only relevant languages like Rust, Go, Java, C++, C#.
Non-relevant languages are welcome to be laughed at.

Other urls found in this thread:

lamport.azurewebsites.net/tla/book.html
lamport.azurewebsites.net/video/videos.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_population
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_endangered_languages_in_the_United_States
pastebin.com/q8see1Ss
github.com/golang/go/wiki/GoUsers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What about Elixir-Erlang?

>relevant languages like Rust

This is a false flag, right?

I'm guessing OP is a buttmad Haskell developer.

This will surely work out as well as /fpg/

Wheres python OP. You don't like sneks

Why not?
Python is the choice of countless labs!
Their researches push our civilisation forward, unlike C(ucks) who spend their precious time dealing with segfaults.

>No C

Rust and Go aren't relevant, the relevant ones are Python, JavaScript, PHP, Java, C++, C, SQL, Objective C, Swift, HTML, XML, QML.

>Programming Languages
>HTML, XML

Go shill C(ommunism) in some other thread, like /dpt/, you NSA agents.

I'm learning Mosel at the moment

FORTRAN and ALGOL are the only REAL programming languages. Never written anything with either? That's okay, but you're not a programmer.

Laugh all you want, I'll make over $140k this year in the Midwest writing Ruby and Python.

>Rust, Go
Your thread is bad and you should feel bad. Saged.

What would you want instead?
C(ancer)?

>JS, PHP, SQL, HTML, XML, QML
>programming languages

>Objective C, Swift
>relevant

CL-USER> (mapcar (constantly 'garbage) '(Rust Go Java C++ C#))
(GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE)

>C is not relevant
Sure m9. Just say that to your toaster, tv, GPU and pretty much your entire town.

funny, because every piece of software thats relevant is written in C

>toaster
what

falling for weak bait.
XML and HTML is also the same language.

>Java
hardware moved away from any need for this

objective c and swift are not relevant. cuck off

Install GHC

Trash.

>rust
>go
>relevant
a-user... you're embarassing yourself...

Finally a real peogramming thread

Why are there so many Russians on Sup Forums

linux port when

>why are there so many people from other countries on this website that can be accessed from any country in the world
Really makes you think, huh?

Learn TLA+
lamport.azurewebsites.net/tla/book.html
lamport.azurewebsites.net/video/videos.html

No not really

>C isn't relevant
So the entire Linux kernel, the BSD kernel, every driver written for both (including Android driver), Apache, nginx, these things just don't count. Sure thing OP.

Why are there so many Americans on Sup Forums

>English language website
>Why are there so many Americans
Really made me think.

stop shilling about rust. nobody uses rust.

that doesn't make sense.
if it's an English language site shouldn't it mostly be English people here?

>XML and HTML are the same
1/10, slightly miffed.

I've never coded before what should i use to code the monty hall problem

HTML and CSS.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_population

>Why are there so many Americans on Sup Forums
Wonders me as well, especially when Sup Forums is being hosted in russia

i don't see what you're getting at here

english is the language of the english people
english is spoken by the english

most people on here speak english, leads me to believe most people on here are probably english themselves

like how if there was a website where most people spoke french, you'd probably assume most of the people were french themselves

You're talking about your personal preferences. I'm talking about the languages which are in practical usage.

objective c and swift are not in practical usage
fuck off

Because пoшeл нa хyй cyкa.

They're in practical usage, they're tools for building iOS apps. iOS has a tangible market share regardless to your personal preferences.

Because a salary in dollars is better than a salary in roubles.

>Rust, Go, Java, C++, C#.
HAHAHAHAHA

This table illustrates my point better:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population
There are 250 million total English speakers in the United States, and only 60 million total English speakers in the United Kingdom.

>they're tools for building iOS apps
No they're not

Delphi was great once.

just uz f#

Funny. Where I work employs over a dozen highly paid programmers. It's mostly in python, with modules in C, and a few small things here and there in C++, perl and ruby.

And all the code runs at scale. None of it is throw away, or running on a single system.

No Go, no Java, no C#. One of the devs did re-implement a few tools in rust when he was learning it, but that's as far as rust goes.

>C isn't relevant
I program embedded systems as my job.
C is most definitely still relevant, and if you don't think it is, you're probably a deluded web developer who has never written code that runs on bare metal.

>you're probably a deluded web developer who has never written code that runs on bare metal.
You know, you can become ignorant and do that as well.

what the fuck

how is there more english speaking people in some american backwater all the way across the ocean than there is in the actual homeland of the english people
how does such a thing even happen

that'd be like if there was more russian speaking people in indonesia than in russia

weirdest thing i've ever seen

Check out Haskell's C FFI.

>like Rust

Rust is a needlessly complex and cryptic hobbyist language by an SJW browser company.

Java is the next Cobol and C# is its autistic brother.

C++ is hideously complex.

Go is the bastard child of C and Pascal but other than that I have nothing bad to say about it.

Go is the child of dmr's lovechild Limbo.

>how is there more english speaking people in some american backwater all the way across the ocean than there is in the actual homeland of the english people
>how does such a thing even happen

Look at the list of endangered languages by number of speakers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_endangered_languages_in_the_United_States

And remember that there are an estimated several thousand people in the world who can speak some Klingon, and several hundred who can read and write it.

Considering that, your fact isn't surprising anymore.

It's almost like America is a quadrillion times larger than the island that is the UK.

Who'dda thunk it?

>Go is the bastard child of C and Pascal but other than that I have nothing bad to say about it.
Go is how googlers write (or are forced to write) c++, codified into its own language.

C++ meme master here.
Is rust actually good?
As in "comfy", i'm here only for fun.

yeah but you'd think there'd be more people speaking american languages in america, right?

fuckin ell
what is wrong with these people

why is america such a fucked up country
does it even have a culture?

Has this shit seriously never occurred to you?

Guess what? India, Phillipines and Nigeria also each have more English speakers than the UK. Also, Mexico, the USA and Columbia each have more Spanish speakers than Spain.

>does it even have a culture?
Yes, but culture ends about 50 miles outside of major citys' limits.

>India, Phillipines and Nigeria also each have more English speakers than the UK.
Former ESL teacher here.

The Phillipines has more people who claim to know English than the UK, but the number who can actually string together a sentence is in the low thousands. They can read the script they're given very nicely, and pick out enough of the words in the response to continue, but that's about it.

fuck
does nobody speak their own language?
next you'll tell me people in poland actually speak swahili or some shit like that
are human beings just inherently degenerate?

maybe we should just nuke ourselves and leave the planet to a more intelligent animal, like a squid or an octopus, instead.

>Rust is a needlessly complex
Its development is run by SJWs all right (and actually by an outright Communist), but most of Rust's complexity is essential to what it does. The borrow checker that statically checks the correctness of GC-free multithreaded code is serious business. It doesn't mean Rust itself is the language of the future, if some language eventually dethrones C++ it will probably have a borrow checker.

>like a squid or an octopus, instead.
Just make sure to give them lungs before you do.

At least then they might have a chance.
Ocean-life is anti-development, in terms of external progress. They can only evolve inwardly for the most part.
The basic inability to make fire is a serious hindrance to progress.
Control of fire is what made our species.
There is only one known ocean creature capable of producing significant heat, it is a lobster that can produce plasma to stun it's dinner. (I think the only other one besides humans)

>why is america such a fucked up country
A lot of movies come from America.

>why is america such a fucked up country
It literally rules the world. As every major civilization learns just before its collapse, running an empire is taxing.
Yes, and it's the dominant culture on Earth.

Hey guys, I wrote a keylogger in go. Can you guys r8?

pastebin.com/q8see1Ss

Absolutely no way I am going to do low level programming in anything other than C/asm. I think your notion of relevance is actually quite irrelevant.

(((Go)))

(((Rust)))

>It literally rules the world.
news to me. since when? how so? their economy is insolvent, they have like a trillion dollars in debts, and they can't pay their debts, their entire economy even collapsed in 2008 because nobody could pay all the debts
their military? mostly secondary-school dropouts who are also fat and have low IQ, from what i hear. their gun is unironically from the 1960s and does direct impingement, basically obsolete in modern combat, and the jam is probably a big reason why they lost in cambodia and iraq.
nukes? russia has more nukes, and bigger nukes. more fit and modern military as well.
china controls all the trade and raw industry in the world. india controls all the technology and science jobs.
what does america even do in the world? export corn? seems kinda like a backwater country to me. lots of instability and internal problems.

>Rust, Go, Java, C++, C#
Scala beats all of them.

It's unethical to write keyloggers

Scala beats rust? I don't know about that...
It's not even in the same ballpark

Not comfy, if you want to be comfy use D. But Rust outperforms D

OP is a hipster, and trying to use hipster like language. oh boy.

2/10 making me respond.

Only hipsters cling to retro trash

>relevant languages like Rust
Nigga I write in Go and even I know Rust is less relevant

I want to build a system that recognizes the picture of a specific anime character, whether it's official art or fanart.
As I understand it this is not yet possible to do today.
If I were to sink in a lot of time to do it what would be a way to monetize such a system ?

>Rust, Go
Do people who are employed actually use these languages?

>Go
>literally slower than Java

>programming general without trannies

Also anyone knows ?

Sure thing pajeet.

kill yourself

?

cute

kill yourself

github.com/golang/go/wiki/GoUsers

I Fortran, dare I say it, /ourlanguage/?

>No animoo.
... on an anime site.

Did you get lost user-kun? Time for you to go back to plebbit.

LINUX PORT NAO!!!!