ANDROID O FIXES BATTERY LIFE

>yfw literally every single release of android promises battery life improvements (project volta, doze)
>yfw it's still shit
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

how does it feel, androcucks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yJBWl4_Pg1U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Google is a data mining company their revenue is from targeted advertisement. Their goal is to spread their products: Chrome, Android, etc, as wide as possible. This is why they improve and optimise Android in every iteration.

Apple, in the other hand, has its maximum revenue from iPhone sells, therefore Apple is interested in artificially slowing down iOS in order to lure users to buy every new iPhone model.

How exactly is the battery life still shit? I'm running cm 12.1 on my Note 4 and I don't even bother to upgrade because I can easily get 6h of onscreen time. It lasts me a full day no matter how hard I push it. Can't say the same thing about my brothers iPhone 6s plus which he has to charge midday.

>Android N still under 3% market share

> just woke up
> brushed my teeth
> see this shitpost

Good morning !(my sleep pattern is fucked)

>Android 0
What's the reasoning to get BACK in versions?

well they do improve the battery life

it's just they also add a bunch of other shit that uses that extra battery life so you don't actually see the benefit in real tangible terms.

It's actually android O not 0, OP is a retard.

My moto g lte lasts 2.5 days with basic call/text through out the day

this is dumbest thing i've ever read

google drains your battery and ruins the phones by constantly data mining your info for the CIA, the phone is never really asleep. that's why no android phone on the market can last a full day on a single charge. Most Android phones don't even get updates period. This is because OEMs are too lazy to spend time and money certifying buggy ROM update for chink phone #329843.

Apple uses 2 gigs of ram and dual core cpu and destroys every 6 gig of ram and octo-core CPU qualcomm can put out.

Every iPhone owner I know keeps the same phone for at least 3 years, I have NEVER seen anyone keep an android phone that long.

i don't know, my 3/4 year old heavily used flaship android phone is still fast, fully compatible and has decent although degraded battery life.
the iphone i use for work has basically the same battery life, but that one is kill when the battery dies, since you can't change it

I'm on kitkat and battery is fine as long as you're not retarded and configure the device right with a custom rom.

>that's why no android phone on the market can last a full day on a single charge
You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?`

>can't change it
>can't change it
>can't change it

hmm what did the luddite mean by this?

>not de-botnetting your phone with a custom rom and microG

Nope, I don't care what clownish gigantic extended capacity battery you by, you're getting a few measly hours of SoT and you know it lol.

>it requires 4 Ah battery to get good battery life
>it requires octa-core cpu to get smooth animation and good system responsiveness
>it requires 4 GB of RAM to get real multitasking and actually tolerable app performance

Android, ladies and gentlemen.

telling the average person to void the warranty on their $900 samsung galaxy isn't a great idea.

>buying a new samsung galaxy under warranty
kys

Means that I'm not paid to scour ebay for a battery and pry a 4 year old iphone open just to make it last a little longer.

Tfw my Moto g4 plus has 60% battery after a day of use and no amount of internet trolling changes that.

people don't realize the iphone isn't the biggest success of all time because it's an iphone, it's because Apple is the only tech company big enough to dictate terms of an agreement to the likes of US mobile carriers. Forcing Verizon and AT&T to not load your phone with bloatware apps makes it better than 99.9% of all other phones by default.

This is why Apple won.

>Can be unvoided

>a 2 second search
>a few screw turns
yeah man that's like rocket surgery

youtube.com/watch?v=yJBWl4_Pg1U
yeah, no, i'll rather buy a new phone
than bother with that consumer grade anti-repair bullshit

OP actually has the proper O in the subject line. iVerge has a shitty font which makes O look like 0.

>mfw Nexus 5 (3,5 y old) is still my daily phone

As Android user you have learn to handle your device (custom kernels and roms). Once you do that it's indefinitely better than an iPhone, at any pricepoint.

My 1GB RAM Moto G3 2015 pushes 7 hours SOT every day with a 2410 mAh battery. Meanwhile my 3100 mAh OPO can't even push 5 hours doing the same thing.

Bigger batteries are a safer bet because no one trusts Android optimization. O will not change anything because Nougat certainly didn't.

absolutely.
it's not even the carriers, makers are just incompetent and think that they can outspec problems and call it a day
Still, it's clear that android now simply requires 4GB/quad-core to be smooth, and Google actually kinda admits that with Pixel.
But while you could go around calling android broken by design, you really should realize that this is the actual baseline for a modern phone in CURRENT_YEAR, even iPhone 7 has a quad-core CPU, but I don't understand why they went with 2/3 GB of RAM. Does performance and multitasking really suffer because of that? Couldn't they just plop 4GB in both models, I seriously don't understand their reasoning, like 'difference of 1 MP in screen resolution = 1 GB in RAM "

>and you know it
That's not an argument, shill. Come up proof or your claims or kys.
My Note 4 has 3GB of ram and 3200 mAh, the iPhone 7 plus has 2gb of ram and has 2900 mAh. Not that much of a difference.

Sup Forums laughs on Sup Forums console wars while having an iphone vs android thread almost every day

Sent from my sony Ericsson 750

There's already been a huge battery life improvement between 4 and 6.

Andoshits are still promising smooth scrolling and no stuttering. Yet every new Android phone stutters.

They don't put 4gb moduls in because iOS is going to kill anything in the background anyway. Multitasking is much much worse on iOS than it is on any decent android phone or android phone with a custom OS/kernel.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my '12 Galaxy S3 lasting a full day on a single charge because it runs the latest Android (and you can regularly get a new original battery for $12).

>t. iToddler

Every night when I plug my 3T to charger I have over 50% battery remaining

Blame Java.

And yet every new iPhone is a laggy piece of shit after the first update and still gets half the battery life out of the box before it explodes.

this thread belongs /soc/ as much as console threads belong on Sup Forums

>custom roms
I think that the stock roms for nexus 5 works just fine as the custom roms. Nexus 5 is a great phone, glad seeing others using it these days.

battery improvements will be made to be nullified by advanced and more data collection

>calling somebody with a phone made by an ad company