Pointless Stupid Gimmicky Technology

Let us begin!!!

Linux

Consumer-grade 3D printers

firewall

game consoles

How in the world is a firewall useless or gimmicky?

secure passwords

YouTube channels

chip and pin

YouTube in general is pointless. I'm retired. Forgot to switch it up to Anonymous. lol. well played!

meme =/= pointless

wtf??? lol!!!!!!
include me in the screencap!!!!

refresh rates higher than 60hz

i got you bro

No

Macs

OK I'll take the b8
Ereaders have advantages and disadvantages over real books
Avantages
-Can read page 1 of a 2000 page book without having to hold the book open
-More potential for comfy reading positions (pic related)
-Can steal books
-Can adjust text properties
-Can travel with all the books you ever wanted
Disadvantages
-Your book can run out of battery, which is a very silly problem
-Fragile compared to real books
-Lower reading comprehension
-Can't flip through pages
-No physical feedback of progress through book
-Less stylish than real books
-Occasional typesetting glitches

Overall, not pointless

even their integrated killer nic is absolute garbage compared to standard lan like intel.

you need a driver for it? here is a 250mb file filled with all kinds of crap

Forgot the pic

>i let all the software on my computer phone home whenever it feels like it
>having a whitelist for outgoing network communications is pointless
u wat m8?

RAM heat spreaders, might've made sense on DDR2, now they do nothing but make buying an air cooler harder

>not stealing real books

>MUH GAYMEN
>>>/Reddit/

>gpus are only for gaymen

I remember these.... Used to think I needed one then realized it was the shitty low-tier internet service.

I dunno man. Hook that up to a bluetooth controller and that'd be pretty nice for lazy gaming.

>gpus are just for gaymen

Used to roll with the XMS ramsticks myself. NO difference from them and the Dominator Platinum heatsinks aside from $75-$100 per ram stick.... Waste.

Good try, but real graphics processing units look like this.

.t someone who does CUDA programming

I agree that ereaders have advantages over real books. However, why would anyone buy an ereader over an Android tablet?

They all look the same but I don't see an EVGA one in there. EVGA is definitely the best though. I liked BFG Tech. as well but - they went out of business I believe.

only thing that matters in ram is capacity and speed
and speed only really matters a lot with ryzen when gaymen
I render faggot
not going to buy a machine exclusively for it either

Bedside use. Distract the ol' lady or for fap.

I render with a secondary computer while streaming with my primary machine. It's always wiser to render/edit/upload on one machine so you can dedicate the other machine strictly for the games your playing.

Why not just use your phone with an amoled display? You know, like a normal human being?

Hopefully in a few years when I build a new PC
I can get some decent speed DDR4 made like pic related and maybe I'll cost abit less because no heatsink while being able to get whatever air cooler

Surprisingly I made a decent money with them.

I 100% agree. All electrical outlets in the USA run at 60hz. Plus most power stations only produce for 60hz outlets.

The nooks predate most smartphones I do believe. If not, then they came out shortly after the first smartphones and so they were something "new" to try out because smartphones had not evolved to that level yet.

Mining some types of cryptocurrency uses the same types of graphics cards as video games. Ethereum for example. I'm about to buy 7 rx 470s for mining ETH.

>mining with GPU in 2017
>falling for the cryptojew
Fuck off back to Plebbit, idiot.

I did the math and I know for a fact that it is profitable. Sounds like another buttmad nocoiner who missed the ETH train. I'm making literally thousands by investing my money and you're a lazy neckbeard.

Its only on bitcoin that GPU mining is useless

>-Lower reading comprehension

Please elaborate. What difference does it make?

I read a lot on my phone, after a while your eyes start to hurt, phone/tablet screens are just not that good for staring at them for a long time, even if you switch the background to be black. That's why I want to get a decent kindle paperwhite or something similar, shame I live in a 3rd world country.

Buddy, if you really could do math you wouldn't be resorting to such pathetic attempts at making some pocket change.

It's a $2000 investment to make $4,500/year with basically no risk. Stop being such a retard.

How exactly?

VR without 6dof. GearVR a shit

Anything from making custom cowl for a quadcopter to parts for prosthetic limb

>spend 60 minutes and $2,500 researching and buying parts
>spend 90 minutes to assemble and configure system
>make over $3000 net profit per year
If you're so smart tell me another way to get that kind of ROI with such a minimal amount of time and money.

$4500 a year on a $2000 investment? You realize the cost of living for a family of 4 (2 parents 2 kids) is over $1000 a month right? Technological investment is extremely shaky right now....

Jokes on you now everyone is so going to copy your business template

>You realize the cost of living for a family of 4 (2 parents 2 kids) is over $1000 a month right?
That has nothing to do with anything being discussed right now. I am not a family of 4, nor will I ever be. Second of all, this is not my primary source of income. a 200% return on investment in the first year is actually really good and I could easily make more money by simply investing more. The only reason I don't put more money into this is because it's stupid to put all your eggs in one basket. This is one of many investments.

Be my guess. Plenty people are in need of affordable prosthetic

Which means you have money. Congratulations. You likely help market most of these shitty gimmicks too huh?

>Which means you have money
Yeah, I work in IT and make a pretty standard amount of money for the area I live.
>You likely help market most of these shitty gimmicks
Ethereum doesn't need me to market it. There are multiple big businesses heavily invested in it already. They will market it as needed. To be honest, it's not even in my best interest to share this kind of information because more miners entering the market would decrease the amount of money I make with my mining rig. In any case, just because you missed the ETH train doesn't mean you need to get upset user.

Lol where do you live that the cost of living is that cheap?

>user talking about profit from an investment
>thinks he's talking about cost of living
Do you even reading comprehension bro?

>he doesn't make any investments unless they can completely pay for his cost of living
Are you literally brain damaged? Passive income is always a good thing to have.

>apple macbook 'gimmick-bar'
>apple 'force touch'
>apple ear pods

Applel wins for biggest useless gimmick repository.

Man I bet you get some serious frames in vidya with that piece of kit

Any "premium" smartphone. There's no point in paying $800 every 2 years when a smartphone from 2012 does all the same shit that a smartphone from 2016/17 does. They are literally toys. Buy any cheap phone supported in Lineage OS and that's all you need.

All wrong.

> (OP)
> a smartphone from 2012 does all the same shit that a smartphone from 2016/17 does.

Nicely memed, kiddo.
Yeah, sure, the 2012 flagships like the HTC One X, LG Optimus and Motorola Razr have really stood the test of time and are perfectly usable for modern portable computing.