Will Photoshop ever come to Linux?

Will Photoshop ever come to Linux?

Other urls found in this thread:

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/commandline/wsl/about
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's kind of a catch-22. Adobe won't develop Creative Cloud applications for Linux because the userbase isn't there, but the userbase isn't there because Adobe won't develop Creative Cloud applications for Linux.

I'd rather some other company came along and actually offered Adobe some competition.

There is a project called darling that aims to make it so that mac apps run on linux

However it is still way too limited on what it can do because no one cares enough

Photoshop CS6 in wine runs flawlessly desu

>will anything good ever come to linux
fify

Linux can't handle multi-core CPU's.
Photoshop is VERY CPU depending.

So your answer is NO

Not true unfortunately... I'm having lots of issues with it where PS' image buffer doesn't update correctly and lags behind one action. UI text rendering is garbage and in addition to that the file select dialog is absolutely disgusting.
Using PS in a VM works way better, unfortunately.

this
>inb4 GIMP

I think they're being pay by either Apple or M$, or even both. I mean it is THE argument for almost everyone who wants to switch to Linux but can't do it (yet).

>Linux can't handle multi-core CPU's.
Great post Pajeet. Now go and fix core parking on Windows 10. Your 5 rupees have been deposited into your loo.

>Not true unfortunately
It is true as well as CC. You just don't know what you're doing.

Who cares? I'm not getting paid for working with Photshop ...

No.

Why would people want proprietary crap to come to Linux?
>competition
There is no need for "competition" in FLOSS.

I don't need Photoshop to come to Linux when I can have Linux come to Windows.

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/commandline/wsl/about

t.

Those are multiple CPU's, not multi-core CPU's.
All of the supercomputers that, if you're right, run linux are runnings probably on single core CPU's.
Also i highly doubt supercomputers run linux.
You need to calculate weather forecasts and you get interfaces for TV broadcast etc, that can only be done on windows or mac.

lol autistic neckbeard detected

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/LInux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

no fuck you pepper faggot

>There is no need for "competition" in FLOSS.
Yes there is. Its exactly why so many FLOSS programs suck is because no one wants to compete. Compitition encourages all parties involved to try and make the best program possible
If you are the only program with no competition then what motivation is there to make it better or develop at a faster pace?

>MUH SUPAHCOMPTAH MUDAFUKA "argument"

kill yourself mate, we're not talking about supercomputers here.

>superkomputar

If it couldn't handle multicore cpu's then it wouldn't install on them and this post is being made from a multicore machine running linux. How could that be?

What the fuck are you talking about? Very low qualidy fud if that's what it is. Would probably keep the dumber of windows users chaned to the post though which is probably what nature intended.

i dont know why people don't want property software in linux, if you dont want them dont buy them you cant just say it dosent belong in linux

Are... people really this stupid, user?

You're describing developer motivation and goals, while the post I replied to is describing corporate closed-source competition, ergo for-profit motivation. This relevant to GIMP and PS: GIMP never touted itself as a "competitor" to PS, yet people talk about GIMP as such.

What is WINE?

But in FOSS the user is the developer. Want new features? You can fork and add it yourself?

It already has. Run it in a VM or on PlayOnLinux, dumbfuck.

I'm too stupid to use GIMP: The post

>image
top kek

It's not an emulator...

Why does gimp have 3 seperate tools for rotating, scaling and moving an image?
I tried using gimp just once and it took me a whole 10 minutes to figure out they were seperate.
Just why? I genuinely don't understand.

The only reason for PS + Skype not coming to Linux is Microsoft + Apple

The rotating and scaling tools can both move around the image.

Rhetorical question, dipshit.

Which distro and arch should it support? Ubuntu AMD64?

Krita is better.

That's not the reason. It's the same as blizzard not porting anything to Linux, for example
>hearthstone is made in unity which has a point and click export to any OS
>made for browsers, android, iOS, but not Linux
They obviously have a contract with proprietary organizations to starve the competition. I avoid those kind of shit Jewish companies. And if indie developers can at least make an efficient wrapper for their games then it would be embarrassing if blizzard couldn't. I know this is a Sup Forumstard argument but it still stands for almost all software and not just games.

Krita is a painting software not a photo editing one.