Simple.
Has vim bindings.
Lightweight.

windowmaker

because next is ultra comfy

no screenshots today

Posted from my iPad.

MATE because it's literally GNOME before going full retard

I either go for i3 if I want to feel like a 1337 h@xx0r. I'm actually pretty proficient at using the WM but its fucking shit to setup.
My daily driver is typically Gnome 3 with some extensions that make it less autistic (dash-to-dock is my preference).
MATE looks alright, haven't really tried it yet. I used Gnome 2.0 when I was still a new fag to linux. I think I like 3.0 more but Ill have to try out MATE some day. Its just superior imho for small laptops like i3wm is.

GNOME because I'm not an idiot.

>None of those, faggot
This.

Cinnamon > *

Why? Because it works the best, has the best FM and I can customize it so it's not retarded.

GNOME with that shit toolbar pisses me the fuck off. It's by far the worst.

>share your screenshots and explain your choice of DE

learn2 reading comprehension faggot

>Cinnamon
Fucking scrub.
At least use XFCE (or maybe MATE) and not that half baked fork.

Idiot.

>uses a DE forked for mint, a distro almost as shitty as Ubuntu
Why

>shitty
Learn vocabulary.

Cinnamon is the most polished DE available for linux. If you have more than 2GB of RAM, you should try it.

>if you have more than 2GB of RAM, you should try it
stopped reading there

>stopped reading there
that's because you're retarded. stay in school, kiddo, and don't miss those short buses in the morning.

no shit that's the end of the sentence

>using a DE

Stop this meme

I use i3, it's just so comfy.
But I also have gnome installed, and I'm thinking about trying out awesome.

>calling everything a meme

stop this retardation and exhibition of faggotry

i don't use DE

I use KDE because for Debian testing because I run into less bugs than I did with Gnome. I actually only get one mild annoyance with KDE and that is when I unplug my external monitor from my laptop the wallpaper changes. KDE also supports a lot of scripts for my thinkpad's wacom tablet really well.

I don't use XFCE because screen tearing. I don't use mate on my daily driver because I got sick of rearranging the applets on the panel when I unplugged my monitor.

I also don't just use a tiling window manager because it would be a disaster to use when I use my computer as a tablet.

I'm gonna share my experience with DEs

>KDE Plasma, GNOME, Unity, XFCE, Zorin
All 5 of these worked fine on my PC with no errors, tearing, crashes or anything similar, and I honestly like all of them. Fedora GNOME was the only distro which I tried GNOME on, and the only one which included all the supported resolutions of my monitor. It probably uses different drivers (or maybe it's because of wayland) but it's a huge plus imho and lets me avoid the error screen I get on debian based systems when I tried adding a custom resolution and set it on bootup.
>MATE
The worst DE I've ever tried. It had ootb screen tearing which can be removed by enabling the compositor. However, screen glitching is still present and I couldn't get rid of it. For a light DE I'd stick with XFCE.
>Cinnamon
I feel neutral about this one. It works but I dislike the UI.

KDE because it's the only thing that feels like a fully fledged desktop.

I really like GNOME.

Activity App Launcher, Dash to Dock, Shelltile + Top Panel Workplace Scroll just make it so great. 3.24 is out tomorrow and I'll finally be able to switch back to Wayland because of the built-in blue light filter. How do other DEs even compare?

mate
s'cool

>using the default bar

>Florian

KDE, bitches. Here's my screenshot from last night. Anyone who harbors a problem w/ my Underworld/Nvidia dark combo can answer to the glock or the AK. Get in here, cunts.

xfce.
its very light and fast, its highly customizable while still friendly. I can make a fresh install look like the way I like in 15~30 minutes

>zombie-hunter
>dark theme
>glock and ak
woah you a gamerdude? pulse all the zombies with the pulse rifle ready for teh zombie apocalypse? give me a shotgun and ill blast away all the zombies.

i3 for maximum productivity, xfce for casual browsing

I know this is a stupid ass question, but how can I switch between xfce and i3 without fucking my settings? using separate users for each one?

Use them simultanously

Kid, you don't even know what an important skill it is to destroy a zombie's skull. Get your kit ready. It will happen someday. I will not become zombie chow!

I use sway on laptop because while config files might be annoying, touchpads are far worse.
Cinnamon on desktop.

Everything in GNOME is retarded. Even the logo. Why would I want to see that disgusting fat foot in my computer?

xfce

this

I use GNOME 3 on trisquel GNU+Linux. I like it because GNU made it.

CDE

KDE Plasma on openSUSE
It comes with the best file manager and archive manager integrated neatly into the system.
The quicklaunch is GOAT.
The amount of customization OOTB is insane for a DE.
You can make it decently light if you're not so stupid that you can't turn off desktop effects.
It isn't the best looking, but it's not the worst either. I can deal.
I mention openSUSE because it's only on that distro that I've found it to be fully, completely bug free and stable. Even KDE Neon isn't as stable, which is sad. (That and KDE's customization + Yast = the control center to end all control centers.)

Would you mind telling me a bit more about openSUSE? Like which version you are using. I'm on Debian testing right now and I'm not feeling as settled as I would like. There are too many bugs... (even on stable).

Gnome, because GTK it's the Linux fucking standard. Some times I get sick of Gnome apps' slowness and go to KDE but I always come back to Gnome.

I started out on Tumbleweed but went to Leap not too long ago. Made the switch because I kept experiencing KDE locking up on login, which I read was a possible issue with Tumbleweed - that, and the constant warning messages when downloading certain mesa drivers ("This might break your shit, watch out") made me worried. Neither of these has occurred in Leap so far.

I've never used Debian but, from what I've heard, it's just about on the same level of complexity as openSUSE, so if you can do that, you should be fine. The install process is only barely more complex than it is in Ubuntu; click a few more buttons in the GUI installer, then pop open Yast and add a repo and some codecs once you're at your desktop.

Looks very comfy

Yeah OpenSUSE is very nice, the only thing I hated was zypper, very slow and have problems for manage the dependencies. I came back to ArchLinux, pacman is so flawless.

i3 on my home computer because it's riceable and actually extremely useful on a multimonitor setup. GNOME 3 on my work VM because GNOME shell integrates nicely with email and calendar notifications.

I've yet to run into any issues with zypper, but my installation habits are extremely basic so iunno.

Arch + i3wm
But thinking to switch to minimal ubuntu and i3wm

Can't ss I'm on the phone

>mister spiderman tear down these dubs

actual UI scaling
comfy

luv me some gnome 3

bspwm is very comfy but annoying to set up

bspwm, defaults work fine. also I like pretending im smart.

Budgie.
Because it's the first DE on the ArchLinux wiki.

I3 is a window manager not a desktop environment get it right you're triggering me

I do not use a desktop enviroment then ...
Gnome was default install but i do not use it anymore ...
With openbox and conky

>WORLD DIES I STILL RICE XFACEEEE
i like it fampai, share the background please

KDE, with openbox as WM. Doesn't quite feel stable, but yeah.

>15-30 minutes
>not using dotfiles

>Budgie

Hey! Solus is pretty fucking awesome. My PC hasn't had any crashes, and is fast as fuck on budgie-desktop + solus.

OwO

What is good DE with i3?

I'm a big fan of just a standard no frills Xfce setup

Just i3. You essentially put together your own DE.
Pick your own file manager, terminal, and all that jazz. Though you can run i3wm inside of other DEs like use i3 as your window manager in Xfce instead of Xfwm4. There are several similar setups you can do.

Guess you could do that with openbox too, right?

kde
Anything that doesn't have krunner is a waste of my time.

Yeah. I used to use KDE/Openbox.

I'm so fucking sick of Numix god damn. Mostly the folder icons. Disgusting. And I used to like that shit too.

Xfce.
Literally everything is bloat and tiling WMs are not comfy.
LXDE would be superior DE I guess but I haven't got it a chance.

xfce, because it's comfy

kde because it reminds me of windows

This.

XFCE > bspwm > i3

>because GTK it's the Linux fucking standard
No it's not.