I wonder if it's even worth switching from Ubuntu. It's great

I wonder if it's even worth switching from Ubuntu. It's great.

Then use Debian
>*buntu without the spyware

There was no spyware to begin with you idiot.

this is a lie. install gentoo

'Spyware' disabled in 16.04 as well.

Unless I'm missing something?

It's worth if you need it. I'm using Gentoo right now because of how I patch an awful lot of shit and using something else would just get in the way

I'm starting to think that the people who disapprove of *buntu are the mid-range Linuxers. The 'advanced' ones don't see a problem with it for what it is. My brother, a Slackware user for years, thought it was cool that I was using it.

Im quite pleased with mint desu, use it at work all the time for basic stuff and it has been chugging along just fine.

It had Amazon spyware of some sort but it was disabled.

Correct

I personally prefer Debian, but if it works for you - then it works for you

It had a customizable dash search function that included results from Amazon, completely documented and open-source. If it was spyware, then how is any app that connects to the internet?

Yes it is. But it's flavours are inferior to their non-buntu counterparts such as Lite/LXLE/KDE Neon.

that picture couldn't be any more true

If I remember rightly, the issue was more the fact that you couldn't turn if off, and not everyone wanted results for trashy romance novels every time they typed 'man'

why would you ever trust ubuntu again after trying to pull that shit when their product isn't any better than debian or fedora

GNU/THANKS

You could actually uninstall it before they jiggled things around because idiots wanted a switch.

To confirm your thesis, my journey was:

SuSE (that was the name then)
Slackware
Arch (when it still had version numbers)
Ubuntu (5 years and loved Unity)
Gentoo

>couldn't turn if off
bullshit
>not everyone wanted results for trashy romance novels every time they typed 'man'
Why the hell would you type 'man' in the dash?

4 months since i switched to arch, everything works like a charm.

only reason i won't switch to gentoo is because my laptop is a fucking potato, i would kill myself waiting to compile everything

0.02 cents have been deposited into your amazon prime account

I settled on openSUSE Tumbleweed because it has new packages, good automated QA, OBS, and possibly the best graphical installer I've ever seen.

To get a fucking manual for a command line utility you dunce

>
>0.02 cents
He's rich

Which you'd type in a terminal, not the fucking dash

What if I just installed Mint from the get go and never gave a shit what you fucking loser neets think lol?

My journey of autism:
- Arch
- Debian
- Gentoo
- Slackware

Noobuntu what? It just Debian derivatives.

this is me except

ubuntu
mint
crunch bang
debian
xubuntu
lubuntu
kubuntu