Whats your favourite case Sup Forums? I'd vote for the S340 Elite

Whats your favourite case Sup Forums? I'd vote for the S340 Elite
>Aesthetic
>Nothing on the front
>Tempered glass
>Cable management for daaaaayz

Other urls found in this thread:

glob3trotters.com/portfolio/noctua-industrialppc-series-fan-round-up/
corsair.com/~/media/corsair/product photos/cases/obsidian-series/450d/large/450d_built_three_quarter_hero_down.png
pcpartpicker.com/list/7cL3vV
es.pcpartpicker.com/list/yFs9vV
pcpartpicker.com/list/HFg24C
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Define Nano S

Define S (windowless)

I've got the R4, similar to OP but it's got a door to allow for DVD drives (I've got a draw in mine instead).

C70
>Decent cable management
>All steel except for window
>5.25in bays
>decent toolless setup while still using screws for pcie
>Plenty of fan mounts

Only thing I hate is the fan mounts on the window

.25in bays
>small dick bays
move over whitey, 8 inch BBC bays coming through.

Define Mini C

It's smaller and I don't need autistic tempered glass.

>not using 5th dimensional warframes

Most of the stuff by phanteks looks good.

>Autistic tempered glass
How the fuck is it autisic just because you don't like it. People who's internals don't look like cooked spaghetti enjoy tempered glass

it adds to the weight, and cost, it also makes your case more fragile, and the only benefit is being able to look at some computer parts more easily

H440

It also don't scratch like the plastics they use on older side panels and if you don't want your PC to look nice then the fuck is wrong with you?

The case is literally $20 more then the s340 for the tempered glass, and weights more?. Must be scrawny little fuck cause it's not that heavy

About to do a rebuild in this old thing. They don't make it anymore. And it matches the front room shelving perfectly. My htpc hidden in plain sight as hipster radio shit.

Help me, Sup Forumsuys, I'm stuck. I'm deciding between the Define S, the Enthoo Pro M, and the Corsair 200R. Which should I get for my first PC?

There are several important benefits of having a window besides muh aesthetic tho: you can see your qcode readout and various other onboard indicators, you can see if you've mounted something wrong, you can see if it's getting dusty inside, you can see how much space for drives you have, and you can spot things like capacitors that might blow. So if any of you neckbeards think there isn't an argument for windowed cases you are fucking autistic. pic related

why in gods name would u even own that? do you enjoy your media actually getting destroyed?

see I have the pro m here. A better case after it would probably be on of the new ones from fractal that looks similar to the pro m

Not sure of your concerns. I did add two fans where the "speakers" should be. It's cool enough to keep dual video cards running quietly.

One of the main reasons I was considering the Pro M was the I/O was on the side because I think that it would be weird for my USBs to be plugged in facing downwards and their cords up. Do you know of any fractal cases that have a similar design (with the I/O being on the side or in the front, not on top)?

Neat project, just make sure everything is properly grounded...

It's got a full metal frame inside. It isn't a custom build case. It was sold by Nmedia PC for a while.

the pro m is the only case besides other cases in phanteks that i can think off the top of my head that feature that

how often are you people carrying your case around? mine just sits at my desk.

and if you mean it adds weight when you have to work on it, the glass comes off.

>gaymer PSU shroud

>Not liking having a place to hide excess cables
What the fuck is actually wrong with these idiots

not to mention the value
if corsair made this it would be well over $100

Not everyone is terrible at cable management.

>>Only thing I hate is the fan mounts on the window

Why? Those fans provide the most cooling.

>Hating things that make life easier
Jesus fuck do you even understand the point of technology?

I have and love this case but I have to agree with you user, I detest the fan mounts on the window.

I have 2 intake fans just behind the front panel to pull cold air in and blow it across my disks and GPU, and 3 exhaust fans for dat negative pressure (2 up top, one in the rear)

Overall there's 9 spots for fans in this case, the least they could do is provide a secondary window insert for the side panel without the fan grates and mounting holes for those who don't plan on using them.

>This enthusiast PC hobby is too hardcore for me. I need some pillow bumpers
K,champ.

>What is cable management?

Sick spaghetti monster, user

really isn't very much room in the 901 for cable management, that's better than i could do unfortunately.

>strong sense of style
>great cable management
>the amount of features for the price
>AARRGGEEEBEEE

alright, sometimes I get sick of the size or style and want to cram all my parts into a nano s.

I think i'll buy one of these

Rookie Question:

Are there reversed side cases? or can any case be set with the window on the other side? Like mirror setup? Is this possible?

checkout silverstone and lian li cases

powerty tier atx - Antec 300
powerty tier matx - Fractal 1k
normal tier - Supermicro SC731/732
OEM tier - HP z600

thanks! is there a name for this kind of configuration? Leftie maybe?

Corsair 400c

Reverse ATX

My favorite case is the Define XL R2. It's a HUGE case.

> really easy to work with
> case comes with noise isolation
> case comes with covers on unused fan mounts (this is actually important)
> room for 8 HDDs and more if you use the 5.25"
It lacks any kind of mount for SSDs (you can use the 3.5" bays, though) so that's a big minus.

> 2 - 3.5" HDD/2.5" SSD positions; 2 - 2.5" dedicated SSD unit positions
Maximum 4 harddrives, to of them have to be SSDs. In the trash it goes.

I sort of like the "retro" like look on this one and it looks solid. Is it? And does it come with covers for all those fan-holes where there is no fan?

Those idiotic cases have the HDD mounts inside of those plastic containers as well.
> not having HDD cages in front of the front intake fan so they get some venilation

Seconded. I have one and am not using near the amount of space it offers. Don't feel like I need to upgrade though. Love it. Only case that I'd replace it with is that fuck huge Nanoxia one.

About the Corsair C70

It's usually seen in OD green. I've seen one at the local MC. Carry handles and a weird latchy mechanism to open the side. Its ehhhh on build quality Imo. Was considering one when I did a rebuild in 2013 but opted instead for the XL R2. Glad I got the XL R2.

140mm fans are supposed to run quiter and cool as good as 120mm fans at the same rpm speed right?

I don't understand why in this review the 120mm versions are cooling better and are quieter than the 140mm version. (not counting the 3000rmp fan)

glob3trotters.com/portfolio/noctua-industrialppc-series-fan-round-up/

Can somebody shed some light onto this?

>negitive pressure

Let me shill phanteks for a moment. This is not my favorite case but I got a black p400 for like $60 and I am stiill looking at the thing in awe aa week later. Every time I shift it around for a guts thread or something it just feels so nice to the touch. Building in it was a complete joy where as my old Phantom got in the way, the p400 was an aid. The rgb power button and like ~4 diode ambient rgb are gorgeous and the simple rgb controller lets you hook up strips for simple colors with out spending on a hue+. Front in take is hampered by the design and the top 2 intakes are too close to the motherboard for a 240 rad.

Anyway, the case it's self is incredible and they also have a tempered version. I just didn't want to be another of the millions of people with a s340 elite and evga gpu.
The picture doesn't do it justice but whatever.

Too many choices. I'd have to say the Antec P18* series is still amazing.
Then of course there was the Lian Li PC A71.
But most of all I'm ahppy I have pic related standing in the box waiting.

Really like my Define R5 (non-window). I have lots of old CDs and DVDs that I've never felt the need to migrate on to HDD.

Case windows are autistic/ricer shit.

Should I get the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M or the Eclipse P400S? Both will have tempered glass if that's worth it.

Core V1 is best portability case choice?

A E S T H E T I C

How about the obsidian 450D?
Has great cooling, decent looks and decent cable mangment..
corsair.com/~/media/corsair/product photos/cases/obsidian-series/450d/large/450d_built_three_quarter_hero_down.png

Is tempered glass just autism/aesthetics or is there anything objectively better about it as opposed to non-windowed cases?

I like rounded weeaboo cubes in soft pastel colors

Where can I get one of these in an ATX mid tower size

ATX versions never come in cute colors

Got me a red/black case for my future first build.

pcpartpicker.com/list/7cL3vV

Second this one.
Liked it so much I moved all my PCs to these boxes.

Reaper pls go

gatdamn that's a sexy case, especially in white. I want to buy it even though I don't need it.

The C70 is a great case. I'm not crazy about the window fan vents either, there is zero clearance for fans there if you have a big heatsink and video card in the first PCI slot. I think Corsair sells windows without the vents and making one would be pretty easy too.

What?

>Not understanding the fundamentals of air cooling

This is my current PC case.

I love the sharp minimalistic look and compact size, although I do kinda wish it had an front panel bay.

>no optical slot
>only supports 2 3.5" HDDs

I want to 3D print this exterior and use it as like an external shell on something basic like a Define R4. I wonder how feasible that would be?

>a case
>not just shoving his mobo in a cupboard

I prefer the non elite version that ssd placement area feels like I am advertising my pc.

Anything by Fractal design. Incredibly built and incredibly aesthetic.

960s?

I'm building this new PC:
es.pcpartpicker.com/list/yFs9vV

And I don't know nothing about cases except they should be cheap, well ventilated and with usb 3.0 on the front!
It'll be placed next to a window, kinda in the wrong side: if there was a window on the case, it would be viewable only by the neighbors, so I don't care for that.

TLDR: Can someone please point me towards a decent case for las than 80€?

This except I am not particularly impressed with their lowest end designs. Acceptable and clean but no better built than say a comparable NZXT or Corsair. Anything higher than absolute base though? Sure, awesome.

Only one I saw there under 80 was the Corsair 100R. That would be your best bet I would assume.

A4-SFX

Fractal Define R5

It has to be either P400 or P400S.

As someone that is considering that case, should I get that, the NZXT S340, or the Enthoo Pro M?

Is the tempered glass version worth getting?

damn that's cute

I like the white interior of the S340 elite but also like the Phanteks cases a lot but they all have black interiors.

Is it a dumb idea to spray paint the inside if I decide to go the Phanteks route? I understand that the inside color of a case doesn't do anything but I am a stickler for looks.

Somehweere between 13-18yo

I ordered the red and black version of this, should arrive on monday.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/7cL3vV
Why 32gb of RAM
Why 2 1080p monitors when you have a 1080 GPU
Why no HDD?

>First build suddenly = immature

Most these are because I'm able to afford it and I honestly don't mind it being more expensive than my original list of parts I had put.

>Ram, cause why not, who knows when things could go over 16gb.

>2 monitors cause I prefer to be able to multitask without tabbing out of something. Plus my friend who has his own dual monitor setup recommended I should.

>No hdd. I'll be getting more larger SSD's in the future though.

Fair enough. Was just wondering your choices since I am building a similar set up in the future.

It's alright. I honestly learned alot from the list I was given by my friend I mentioned with the dual monitor setup, who's also gonna help me build it, I didn't have a clue about certain parts till I looked into it more and since then I changed the parts to better ones. The cpu the gpu, psu, monitor and added the 2nd one, keyboard and ram.

Honestly 1 monitor is something I can't go back to after using 2 for so long. I just can't bring myself, or my wallet, to spend 1500-2000$ on 2 4k monitors.

What're some good cases that lets my motherboard sit horizontally?

Looking at mine now. No tasteless windows or rgb. Good cooling unlike ones like the the s340 and quiet.

I wish there was a mATX version of this.

I wouldn't consider the Enthoo, I had a tough time deciding between the P400 and S340 too, but the P400 had better availability in my region. They are both solid.

It looks clean and doesn't wobble/resonate at all, also a good thermal conductor. Of course it's worth getting.

Did you not consider the Elite/Silent versions for both respectively?

I did, but the P400S had miserable availability here, would have chosen it over the regular P400. The P400 comes with filters to place on top of the roof vents though, so blocking them off without ruining the looks should be a very simple task. The sound dampening material applied inside cases is usually poor quality too, I don't mind putting something decent there myself.

Semi-related, but how does this build look? Will be my first desktop so I want to make it good.

pcpartpicker.com/list/HFg24C

My nigga, I got the same case, building PC soon once I get back to it.