Picked up a motherboard (asus prime z270-A) and got home to see processor slot was like this...

picked up a motherboard (asus prime z270-A) and got home to see processor slot was like this, is it fucked or still usable/repairable?

I don't see the problem

Probably okay. Closer pics of the damage?

Did it come with the plastic protection cover? And what is that stuff on the metal? Scuffs? Dust?

product was used, I circled what I'm concerned about in red plus there are some pins that look slightly bent

That is probably fucked unless you can somehow bend each one of the contacts back into place.

Even if you manage it and get it to turn on, I see many bluescreens in your future friend.

Worth a shot to see if you can correct it. Good luck.

Forgot image.

>Missing a resistor thingy
Yeah that's toast dude. Return that shit if you can.

Why didnt you inspect it before going?

God damn

oh well guess I'll return it tomorrow then, also was in a hurry so just went with it, obviously not going to make the same mistake again.

those pins are actually fine, lighting must have been a little fucked

DO NOT PUT YOUR CPU IN THERE.
It's obviously fucked.

Just solder on a new resistor

would need exact heat they use at factory or else would damage motherboard

?

While it wouldn't be a trivial repair you have no clue what your talking about.

what do you mean? is there something I am not getting here?

wtf how would it damage the board?

look at the second pic I posted, not worried about the board getting damaged I'm worried my processor would even work

oh oh oh oh oh oke

Did you buy it new? Anyway.

Asus "quality"

>mfw I have the same exact board.

Fuck Asus btw.

>LGA shit
>ever

not new, as stated in previous post, also found out it was put in the wrong box and is actually a z97a

>Any year
>Buying a processor with the pins on the board instead of on the chip
Intel on Suicide watch.

solder in a new capacitor :^)

>tfw I was about to get this MOBO over the MSI z270 SLI plus, but saw all the bad reviews

Looks like I made the right choice.

Trying to solder that piece wouldn't require any special "factory used temperature" but rather just ensuring the heat is applied where needed as much as possible. If you were using hot air you could work pretty hot and quickly heat up and remove and replace. Likely other components right there would heat and solder would flow but if you were careful with tiny tweezers and a steady hand you could fix it. I think it would take someone with tremendous skill but it could be done.

There is a guy on youtube that fixes macbooks and stuff and he approaches the difficulty this represents well worth watching.

I bet with hot air for removal and a reflow oven to flow a placed component into place it could be done but thats pretty advanced stuff and not likely worth it compared to just buying something new unless you happened to have the tools and the skills at hand or through a friend.

ah I see, eh not really worth the money and effort if I were to fuck it up, might as well return it then.

Correct, since the board was likely made in China, where they have 220v, the heat differential would be too much if OP is in a 110v country.

[spoiler]lol[/spoiler]

was misinformed from a different site, give me a break.

>using the smiley with the carrot nose