Is Wire literally /ourIM/?

Is Wire literally /ourIM/?

>End to end encryption enabled by default
>Client is FOSS, server code will be FOSS as well in a few months' time
>E2E encryption supported even in group chats and group calls, the only IM app currently able to do this
>chat history sync across different devices
>can sign up without using your phone number
>can address other people without using their phone number or e-mail address as identity
>not run by Moxie Marlinspike, ego-tripping faggot with a Christ complex
>beautiful aesthetics that even normies like

Seriously why aren't you using Wire yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

t.me/thinkpadgeneral
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bum

Lol

???
Whats so funny

decentralized?
server side software open source?
signal protocol for encryption?

no, it isn't

lol

Logo looks like goatse

You look like goatse

>End to end encryption enabled by default
you dont actually know if this is true

Stop shilling and it is not.

It requires phone number.. no thanks!

Just use an email instead.

This logo looks like scrotum
>Where Did Their Hair Go?

>just register here """""user""""", its only 30 seconds

This shit should die. Why do you even need to get through both captcha and email confirmation?

Name 1 good instant messenger where you don't have to register anything. You can't. There's tox/antox but it's not that good.

>b-b-b-but he does it too!

good goy

What's your point, autists? You have 0 arguments.

its not anonymous. the only argument that mattres.

It's a server side IM, not a distributed one. Registration makes perfect sense. You have to be retarded to think otherwise. If you're paranoid you can always provide fake and non-personal information like you always should if your concern is privacy.

Yes it is if you make a one-time e-mail and never provide personal information. And Sup Forums isn't anonymous either, so why are you using it?

>Registration makes perfect sense
I'm asking what emails and telephone numbers are for.

Yet another failed botnet app like telegram and mpv
Its kinda sad when devs are so desperate they have to shill

Ease of use, easy account recovery, preventing people from spam registering themselves or bots onto the server, making it much easier to connect with others. Anonymity comes at a price of a less convenient use and wire doesn't even want to make an anonymous service, but a convenient and encrypted one. If you want anonymity there are a few IMs for exactly that. Until the server is open sourced you can never know. I doubt it ever will be.

A better question is why are you afraid of this shit? It's just a phone number. It's not like you can't just go and buy a SIM card to register and then melt it down. You will never be connected to it personally and none of your information is compromised.

Muie te fut in cur tiplea ferucio

>preventing people from spam registering themselves or bots onto the server
What prevents me from registering thousands of mailboxes?
>You will never be connected to it personally
Not in that country. There you're connected to your phone number. Directly.
I do not like the idea of giving a phone number to unknown people, you know. That's how you get Rakesh on your line instructing you to Win+R cmd, questionable shop offers and shady lotteries.
>use burner phone, lel
That's a temporary solution that doesn't fix the problem.

But the country will only see the phone number and have no idea who the user is. What do you not understand?
>go to store
>buy SIM card with cash
>leave
>register using that SIM card
>remove the SIM card permanently
Where in these 5 simple steps do you ever see your real name or other information given to anyone, including your country?
And you don't need a burner phone.

No thanks, Viber whatsapp kik and fb messenger are completly fine for me

>viber
Laggy piece of shit client
>WhatsApp
No desktop client
>kik
Used by (you) and nobody else

In that country it goes like this:
>go to store
>say you want to get a SIM card
>show ID
>girl fills a form
>form includes your name, last name, birth date, everything in your ID essentialy
>get a SIM with cash

no it's bloat. install irc or cat+9fs+rc

Telegram is just getting bigger and bigger, I met my girlfriend on there. Also, join the new Thinkpad Telegram group

t.me/thinkpadgeneral

b-but your picture says it does have a desktop client

>In that country
>Not in that country
no one understands you because your ingrish is shit. sadly its exactly like that in my country too.

>no online status on people
>no dark theme

I'll pass

I gave Durov my phone number once, never again.

>not federated
Rubbish! Use XMPP+OMEMO for now and move to Matrix once it gets out of beta.

lol kys normie go back to discord Sup Forumsermin XD

In what oppressed country do you live? Here we can just buy a SIM card without showing an ID or filling out forms. The same way you'd buy a chewing gum. You pay 7€ and get the SIM plus some cash on it.

Until all code is open sourced, it's completely and utterly irrelevant.

>discord
I use openfire you autismo, I bet you haven't heard of it before.
what's next? I bet you use Windows 10.

i do use win10 but i ran spybot anti-beacon. not so much a hot shot now, are you?

openfire? is this some attempt at merging steam and discord? lol kys hipster! XD

Obvious b8 is obvious.

>spybot anti-beacon
so you removed microsoft's botnet to install some russian basement dweller one instead? you're fucking retarded.
throw your computer out the window and stay away from them.

i like the windows "app" so far

i'll give it a try

shouldn't be hard to guess

If you go to official carrier store, you fill the forms.
You can also pay a guy with a hoodie round the corner and fill nothing.
>In what oppressed country do you live?
I'm impressed nobody tried to (you) me with flags already.

wire is great I used it for about 2 years now

their tv show is alright too

Not him, but here in motherfucking Poland, currently under the rule of protofascist nutjobs straight out of Sup Forums's wet dream, the law that requires all SIM cards to be registered came into effect just recently. They also passed a law obligating all ISPs to log and share (in fucking real time!) anyone's internet traffic data with pretty much any law enforcement body that can request it _without_ court order. And they're working on dismounting bank secrecy by obligating all and banks and internet wallet providers to put their clients in a central government registry.

Needless to say, I'm behind 7 VPNs with a SIM card registered to a literal fucking bum, and contemplate leaving this shithole to become a toilet cleaner in the First World. I'm afraid this govenment botnetification is a world-wide tendency, though.

wasent the owner of kickass torrents from poland?

leave it now
yes

He was from Ukraine but got caught in Poland.

He was Ukrainian but caught in Poland by Polish police tipped by the US, because Poland loves to suck Uncle Sam's sweet brown asshole.

It's funny how Moxie (who is supposedly such an "anarcho-rebel dude xD") opts for phone number identification, which is every government's wet dream.

This sounds terrible. You can buy SIM cards without registration in kiosks anywhere in balkan states.

Try in official carrier store. Just try.

>fucking electron cancer
not a fan desu

but once the server code is out it might be a good base for one to run their own shit

yeah but you're in the balkan states; you're probably the third cousin twice removed of the guy that runs the phone shop, and he's probably fucked your wife-goat in exchange for selling you a sim card.

Eh, was close to guessing right

You seem to not understand that it doesn't matter if the communication is end-to-end encrypted. Even if they had logs of all communications stored forever along with the phone number (protip: The government is storing all data +IP address forever anyway so this is the case already), the data would still be secure.

No, dumb Sup Forumstard. It literally comes in stores for anyone to buy. I know it sounds unbelievable but here the governments doesn't cuck their people by forcing any kind of contracts or registration unless you want it bundled with a phone.

>This sounds terrible.
It is but nobody seems to care because "nothing to hide" and "muh terrorists" (as if any terrorist wanted to waste perfefctly good explosives by detonating them in this god forsaken shithole).

>You can buy SIM cards without registration in kiosks anywhere
It used to be like that here too, so enjoy it while you can.

1. only the contents of the messages are encrypted
2. they still know who you are, especially in countries that require ID for buying a SIM
3. they can impersonate you by stealing your login credentials (aka your phone number) remotely without even touching your device

this only works for you because you don't have friends!

not on wire they can't

new device alert
device list
deletes all data for all new devices
you add your new devices to a list of trusted devices
you do the same to your friends

>not on wire they can't
I was talking about Signal/Whatsapp, which rely on phone numbers exclusively.
Wire has optional phone number based authentication too, so I guess it would work the same.

Password based authentication can't be stolen as easily (unless of course you install a keylogger, but then you're fucked either way).

yea desu pretty sure android just sends all your key down data to google anyway

so edgy m9

But you can see for yourself, if both parties (sender and receiver) sniff packages.
Of course you could argue that the server might decrypt, store and re-encrypt the file. But if you're that paranoid, you shouldn't trust any service you don't run yourself.

It doesnt matter how good it is if nobody uses it.

>Skype is made
>Lawdy it's great
>Ms buys it
>It's so shit it's disgusting
>Founders of Skype make wire
>It's good and actually sensible
>Chances are it's gonna be a Honeypot if not already
>Then Ms buys it and shits it up more
And so the cycle continues