>twice as many rops/tmus as the rx 480
>3 times texture fillrate
>pixel fill rate 5 times faster
>full 2.8gbps faster memory clockspeed
>only about 20 more frames
>and $500 dollars more!

>jif

How much fucking voltage did he use?

Any voltage above 1.1V damages a Pascal chip.

Why is the memory type called "GDDR5X (Moron)"?

>Moron
Get some glasses grandpa

>Only about 20 more frames

Lmao.

nigga a 980 ti or 1070 gets about 20 fps more than the 480. the 1080 ti blows that motherfucker away.

Even in 4K your shitty Poolaris would be 40 fps behind 1080 ti in most demanding games ran on ultra like Witcher 3.

The reason it tells you it's Micron is because Nvidia manufacturers started cheaping out and using Micron memory instead of Samsung memory.

Hello, how new are you?

In related new my last nvidia card (670) killed 2 PSU's
Thanks you bastard nvidia

wow. so a card that costs 3 times as much pulls away in 4k gaming.

WHO WOULD HAVE FIGURED.

and only 40fps? LMAO. thats actually pretty bad.

stay mad, stay bad, stay sad, faggot

Where is vega? :^)

The 980ti will get about an extra 20-30 fps in games, and an overclocked 1080ti will almost double the 980ti lmao

Mentally retarded

Let me know when I can actually buy a card that does those clocks in retail without being ginknip, and when nvidia stops locking down its uefi. I couldn't possibly care less until then.

>Pay up the ass for a GPU
>Get Micron memory.
God dammit Nvidia, why are you such cheap jews?
Then again, this thing would rape the Titan if it had the pure aryan Samsung memory, instead of that cucked peasant Micron stuff.
They probably put it there on purpose, so it wouldn't look too good in comparison to the Titan.

>Aryan
>Samsung

Omfg what an idiot

Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.

Micron are the only company that produces GDDR5X, you stupid fuck.

>Being an illiterate subhuman AMD drone that should be put down like the fucking waste of air he is.

Literally every shitty GPU including every turd that AMD released in last 5 years will drop to around 25-30 fps in 4k due to dimishing returns. But yeah, keep posting those 4K benchmarks and pretending being 40 fps ahead doesn't translate to "150% more performance".

Really doubt it. PSU can't really be killed by faulty components, a faulty PSU can kill hardware though. If it died twice on you it means you use shitty PSU with shitty Chinese capacitors or your sockets are somehow fucked.

I need all anonymous

NO FUCKING WAY. Did they finally unlock the voltage? Pascal "overclocking" has been bullshit on all but 2 select 1080s. If they give us full access to the hardware II'll be extremely happy.

lmao Micron, Samsung and Hynix are all jews in NAND and DRAM world. They've been fucking with us because of their price-gouging.

arent you the shilliest kid ever.

let me brake it down for your retarded ass.

the 480 is not a 4k card.

thats about it.

all the weaker cards choke under 4k.

go KYS yourself you newfag.

Now post benchmarks and game framerates and shit

Cause sure 3000 mhz is impressive but I want to see what 3000 mhz can do

>thermal throttles after 2 minutes
VEGA can't come sooner.

It's very unlikely that this was ever stable enough to game on. World record overclocks on LN2 only need to be stable enough to boot and quickly validate.

Corsair AX and Seagate G series are shitty?

No one needs 4k. The rx 480 is the perfect card right now.

>rx 480

Fucking KEK. Even a fucking OCed 970 destroys this shit OC vs OC.

The 580 will be even better.

>rebranded trash

source: my ass

Eat shit

youtube.com/watch?v=Ye2mumere4M

>GTA V
>a game which heavily favours Nvidia cards

You sure showed him! Hopefully the next one posted can be Hitman, then you can post some GoyWorks game, then he can post Ashes of the Singularity and the cherrypicked retardation can continue round and round forever!

Oh yeah I forgot amd cards are garbage and can only play ashes of singularity and doom. Maybe next time consider buying a gpu which can play everything well instead of a handful of games so its farce doesn't get exposed.

I own a GTX 1080, friend. I just want to see the monkeys bang their cymbals.

>i5 3570k
Useless bench. Also, somebody post that webm of GTA V going to 10 fps on the 970 as soon as VRAM hits 3.5 GB. What a garbage-ass card.

Get baited, you fucking idiot.

>i-i-it's the cpu!

Good old AMD marketer sidestepping. The 970 is a good 10 fps ahead of this garbage amd gpu so that sends your shitty attempt at an excuse out the window.

It's the whole deal of the 390 vs 970 all over again. You amd marketers pick stock vs stock but what you conveniently forget to tell everyone is that amd gpus have FUCKALL OC headroom whereas you'll be hard pressed to find a 970 and its stock 1000mhz clock that doesn't easily reach 1500+ mhz, which already puts it at stock 980 territory. Now if you think an OCed 480 can match a stock 980, be my fucking guest.

>Now if you think an OCed 480 can match a stock 980

...But it does. There's literally 2% performance between a stock 480 and a stock 980 in TPU's latest performance summary, which is an average of 22 different games.

techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GTX_1080_Ti_Strix_OC/29.html

Depends how far you OC it. I've gotten a bit over 16k graphics score on firestrike on my rx480. That's roughly in the ballpark of an 980 @ 1400MHz, using similar CPU/system RAM clocks.

>Also, somebody post that webm of GTA V going to 10 fps on the 970 as soon as VRAM hits 3.5 GB. What a garbage-ass card

I've a 970 and I play GTAV at max (except advanced settings) with more than 60fps all the time.

Nice shilling though

>at max (except advanced settings)
>at max
>except

What did he mean by this?

You realize that the advanced settings in GTA kill the fps on almost every card right?
Also the GTX 970 performs better in GTAV than the RX480.

Source: I had both cards.

>be year 2018
>be at Vega presentation
>AMD headengineer Raja says: just buy 3x Vega and it is the same as one 1080ti
>yeah buy it dumb goys
>bsod on the screen caused by shitty unpolished drivers

>cheaping out
>micron is literally the only gddr5x manufacturer in the world

lel

You actually missed part of the point because I didn't completely spell it out for you. If you watched the video you'd realize the 3570k is actually bottlenecking the 970 a little bit at quite a few times too. So it's a useless bench when GTA V can saturate more threads or just needs more CPU power in general.

Also it's widely known that the 480 left the 970 in the dust long ago based on recent drivers and the newer silicon that's been coming out of Polaris-town.

>Source: I had both cards.
Yeah ok there Ranjeesh.

The 970 webm is hilarious. I have it saved on my other PC, if this thread is up later today I'll post it. You can literally see the FPS chug as soon as he crosses the 3.5 threshold.

>2017
>still defending the 970
tip tahp kek

>AMDead streetshitter poorfags calling people Ranjeesh
AMD is literally an indian company with a poojeet CEO. What a filthy "company". Can't wait for it to go bankrupt.

The 970 is an amazing card that still holds up today, you fucking shill. The 3.5GB meme was just POO IN LOO shilling and affects nothing.

>defend 3.5
>have the audacity to call anyone else poor
Nvidiots have zero shame.

based

3.5 is literally a meme made up by retards who didn't even own the card and it never went outside of the fucking AMD circle jerks that Sup Forums and that one subreddit are. AMD should be perma banned from this board as a subject long time ago, you retarded subhuman niggers are literally Sup Forums tier shitposters.

t. previous 970 owner who went for 1070.

How can one GPU be so JUST?

>this fucking graph
My sides.

That game is such a vram hog. And very oddly optimized, considering that you can OC 480 to pretty much match a stock 980 ti, which shouldn't be a thing.

just you wait

>I have it saved on my other PC, if this thread is up later today I'll post it

Sure I'll wait m8.
Wanna know more? I ended up selling my RX480 and kept the 970. Why? Because on most of the games that I play are DX11. And the 970 performs literally the same as the RX480 I had. It didn't help that the RX480 was the cheap armor 4GB version. But the performance difference between the 4gb and 8gb version is meaningless.

Don't get me wrong, it's an ok card, but doing a sidegrade from a GTX970 was a really dumb choice from my part.

>Only 20 more frames than 480
Holy shit my sides AMDfags are delusional.

>And then Nvidia released a driver once again limiting the game from using the slowest shitty part of vram

youtube.com/watch?v=kYSnQM1kyUk

It's like AMD drones are stuck in this outdated loop of 2 years old memes, charts and performance.

>walled off 0.5GB of the VRAM that I paid for via a driver

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

t. 3.5 years behind Nvidia.

Nigga a 980Ti will blow an RX 480 apart by at least 20 FPS.

A 1080Ti is literally almost 2 times as fast as a 980Ti. It'll destroy a poolaris GPU.

REBRANDEON

What is the fucking point then. Only real world performance results matter

>be AMD
>release drivers that improve even older cards

>be nvidya
>release drivers that brick cards
or
>release items that gimp performance

>44.91102^2
>still memeing about bad AMD drivers.

I got a new rx480 I was having stupid DPC latency problems with my gtx 970 now my system stable after 11 hours of stress tests, 0 peak @dpc. thank based AMD

Just because wrote it with a conviction it doesn't make it true user. Kepler got ass fucked by the way games started being designed using tons of dynamic lighting. Even then, benchmarks have been done dozens of times and there is no actual proof showing that newer drivers brick or gimp performance in games where Kepler was already good. Maxwell is still going strong almost a year after Pascal's release and 980 Ti is still objectively better than 1070 going head to head on stock just the way it did a year ago while having more headroom for ocing.

TL:DR You're a retarded AMD shill that will just spout whatever nonsense makes its company look better after reading about it for 2 minutes.

Why people are defending GTX 970. This card is probably the biggest cuckotry ever done from nvidia to her userbase.

It was the most common GPU before 1070

Meh, next year Samsung fabs. It's a shame full chips are exclusively quadro now, even Ti just has third party separate cooling solutions.

Anyone looking for future proofing 2-3 gens should start buyin Ti instead of xx80

>It was the most common GPU before 1070
Nvidia sheep literally just buy anything with the x70 branding. Doesn't make it a good card.

>970
>"4" GB

Mein fucking sides.

>b-b-b-b-but

Just fuck off already, JenHsun.

I come to this board and laugh... because it's just a video card.

>no matter what combination of hardware / settings, no game will ever run at flawless 1080 / 60

Just about had it.

Blame the current generation of consoles that video games are developed for. Oh well, at least their owners are gaming on the cheap.

PC Mastur Rayce for muh $2000 setup that can't crack 60fps.

>Literally forces you to have an account for simple convenience like automatic driver updates
Fucking kikes

Off yourself, scum.

literally what

Settle down gramps, vietnam is over.

1080ti, GPU so powerfull that even 7700K cannot feed it properly

you need X99 or Ryzen R7.

thanks you based NVDIA

people bought it because it cost $329 and came with decent free games, not because it was a x70.

That was fixed a long time ago.
The new mirror's edge sucked up so much Vram at launch.

So much so that the furyX wouldn't launch the game.

Again, it was patched.
I've beat that game like 20 times

great now i can get a 480 for 1/2 the price and not be deprecated to legacy drivers.

This is LN2 cooled right?

GTX 1080 Ti + i7-7700K @ 4K - shit frametimes, barely makes 60fps, AA typically not needed at 4K

GTX 1060 or RX480 + i7-7700K @ 1080p - good frametimes, makes over 60fps for a good locked 60fps experience, even with some AA

The 1080 Ti is not quite ready for 4K. It's good for 1440p 144Hz or other meme combos, but the same applies for the 1070, 1080 and Titan XP.

I will wait for next gen for a new monitor and a new GPU.

Update your benchmarks duderino

By he way, the Fury/Fury X also shit the bed in that game which was a $500 GPU.

Yes. On regular cooling they don't clock any higher than the other Pascal cards (~2050-2100MHz).

Well then is there any reason for a regular non-LN2 using consumer to get a k|ngp|n 1080ti then? I'm guessing no...

DAMN SON!!!!