Plane lands

>plane lands
>americans start clapping

what is wrong with you people, seriously

It's just something that people with mental difficulties do a lot. Prepare to see them clapping in the cinema when the films ends, too.

desu it doesn't happen as often on domestic flights than international flights

imo it is used to break the awkwardness about travelling with out-of-staters and foreigners than some cultural habit of clapping

When did you cross the border?

>the awkwardness about travelling with out-of-staters and foreigners

it's a big country

That's the only occassion I think it's acceptable, and it happens here too.

Positively rewarding the pilot for good landings is nice.

Also people don't clap when it's a shit landing.

Once I think the pilot bounced the plane during landing. I instictivelly yelled "malaka" and there was no clapping.

Lots of Europeans do that as well.

>clapping to thank the pilots for doing their job and not crashing the plane and killing you all
Did 9/11 cuck you guys this badly?

I've only heard clapping in situations like really bad weather/rough landings.

What's it like to have no joy in your life at all?

>be in theater
>one guy starts clapping at the end of the film
>others try to join in and clap but stop soon afterwards
>guy keeps clapping
>someone else in the theater tries whooping
>someone tries whistling
>people walk towards the exit and then stop at the door and watch all of the credits

this is pretty typical

Who are they clapping/whistling for? Do they actually believe the screen is like a portal and that the actors are performing live for them? Sort of like how really young children/dogs believe that there are actually tiny people inside the TV.

canada is bigger, dude

>plane crashes
>americans start booing

it's to show people around us that we have good taste

I've clapped as well actually

Judging the flight by the landing alone is ridiculous and just shows you are a fucking idiot. Even the most meticulous of pilots can be caught out with a last minute gust of wind, not to mention it is just a small element of the entire journey.

t. son of pilot

t. son of a bad pilot

the only thing an airliner pilot does besides setting gps coordinates is the takoff rotation and landing flare. If you fail in half of that you're not a good pilot. Of course it depends on the weather, but up to a point.

>Panama
m8, your country is only known for a canal the Americans built

>t. expert in aviation kostas spakopoulos

I though it only happened with Spaniards arriving abroad.

That picture is revulting. Who the fuck would search the internet for stock pictures of children with down's syndrome dressed as pilots, and then post them here?

not true, they're also known for their evil former dictator

Just for you, my poor indebted, mentally-deficient brown friend. Besides, Googling "down syndrome pilot" isn't exactly difficult.

An exceptionally smooth landing warrants clapping, in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure you don't have the guts to insult anyone in real life.
Good to know the internet makes you feel just a little bit better about your miserable life.

Not everything is about you, shitskin

>On a flight to Florida
>All the fat Southerners start clapping
>New Zealanders behind me are bewildered
>I'm chuckling

Cry more, piss-ant. And go to bed you fucking monkey, you should be going out looking for work, not shitposting on borrowed internet from your neighbours.

9/11

Are you by chance retarded?

It was a great movie to watch CIA and Bane crash this plane

But the difference between a bumpy landing and smooth landing has almost nothing to do with the pilot

for you
*clap* *clap* *clap*

>t. full-time downie

I was on a plane from New Jersey to LAX and nobody fucking clapped. I was expecting it too, that's what I get for believing the memes.

So you just make up random shit that never happens?