Why would anyone buy a founder's edition card? Do people really need a fucking oven inside their case?

Why would anyone buy a founder's edition card? Do people really need a fucking oven inside their case?
And why do card manufacturers take so long to release their version of the fucking card?

It works right?
It handles games as good as any other, right?

Stop wining and get back to Sup Forums ---->

I think the idea is to push the hot air out of the case instead of into it.

>tiny little fan push out the hot air
>not putting 3 massive fans cooling the fuck down
It's like you are too stupid to see this.

It's adequate. Stop bitching about non issues.

It's not. People have complained that the founder edition overheats a lot and get performance issues.

>It works right?
The FE models actually throttle due to insufficient cooling so no, it doesn't work.

You """heard''''' people complaining? Like on shill-city Sup Forums?

Don't trust those idiots. Even if they really have thermal problems it's probably because they fucked up their build.

Throttling is a feature. It works as intended.

I live in a desert so heat is a problem for me

> lives in the desert
> blames everything but the desert.

>not being a good goy

Of course I blame the desert, but I can't really change that outside of moving out, which isn't a solution at the moment, whilst a better cooler is,
strange huh? problem solving must be new to you.

Is it possible to insert a watercooling system in a FE card?

Of course, but you shouldn't.

People buy them to get their grubby little hands on the cards before AIBs start shipping their riced shit.
People buy them, and then put custom cooling on them.

You're pretty fucking dumb if that's a mystery to you.

No to both

Then just get back to Sup Forums ----->

Why not? If I go to a components shop that specializes in build customer watercooling computers, what's the problem in that?

waterblocks for founders cards tend to be easier to come by, since they dont need to make different blocks for every manufacturer.

easier == cheaper == quicker

Just bought four, suck on that

I ordered one on the 13th or so and there's still no sign of it turning up anytime soon. I'm honestly considering canceling the order at the point even more so if a custom cooler has a set release date. The real problem is I have no GPU right now and I'm running off my laptop with a 960M

>Why would anyone buy a founder's edition card?
because I need a blower-type cooler that does not suck

It's funny because that's exactly what the fan on the FE cards does, it sucks (in air).

I think idea behind stock cooler cards was to modify it yourself with water cooling etc.

FE on the other hand is absolutely pointless since it costs as much as your average non-ref cooler.

it's better than any non-ref blower though

No it's not. They fucking suck at cooling. Every single FE card that's ever been benched for longer than 10 minutes hits its thermal throttle way faster than any non-reference cooler worth its salt. Enjoy your 10 minutes of boost clock.

Blower style coolers can't deal with cards that suck down more than 100W.

Sorry, mis-read where you said non-ref blower. I stand by my point that there's really no such thing as a good blower for cards of this caliber.

its great if you plan on watercooling. or just dont give a fuck.

here the 1080ti founders is about 150$ cheaper than the Asus Strix.

so theres that-

Nvidia has an embargo on aftermarket cards so they can shift as many shit founders ones as possible first.

But doesn't an AIB just push it down, keeping it in the fucking case and creating turbulence? My Fury blows down while I have a 200mm front intake and 2x200mm on top exhaust, and a 120 on the back. Oh and there's a 120mm intake on the bottom too. I know it's a lot of fans, am I doing it right though?

Yes, but then you have series like the msi aero and the asus turbo, with the same blower design but cheaper. What's the point of the founders edition premium then?

They are the best for small cases
They are the best for watercooling
if you're not a retard and went with silent case instead of a stupid windowed case noise isn't a problem.

Fuck fans. Just use watercooling.

i own one. when you jack the fan curve up it gets louder, but not uncomfortably so, and cools the card *really* fucking well.

Was able to acheive 12 Ghz on RAM and 2Ghz on core over clocking on mine and it never got over 75c

Because I am watercooling the fucking thing anyways, no reason to buy aftermarket.

48 celsius idle

is that too bad? these beasts should handle up to 100

They're reliable and work in any case that fits, also understated and aesthetic as fuck.

I use an inverted case that orients the GPU vertically, so blower type cards are preferred in my niche situation.

My 1080ti FE does 1835 mhz @ 75c/65% fan, I didn't overclock or touch any settings except the fan curve, it's quieter than my 1080 FTW @ similar clocks.

founders editions are easiest to get full-cover waterblocks for

The FE fan doesn't pull hot air from the case out the GPU. It pulls air in one side of the GPU vent on one side, and blows it out the other side. The cooling system for the card is self-contained.

Also if you read reviews, there seem to be more problems with coil whine in aftermarket cards.

Blower fan designs are better if you are stacking a bunch of GPUs ass-to-ass, lets say for GPU rendering. They move the hot air out of the case instead of circulating it around the neighboring cards.

Water-cooling would be better of course but that's not always viable.